Discussion What's the best your clubs jumper has ever looked Since 2000?

1639831051457.png

Controversial I know, but the best jumper the Dockers have ever had imho is the 2021 AFLW one. It's the best purple we've had in a non-wool jumper and the coloured chevron that sets it apart [which I would like integrated into the mens jumper- one red and one green].

In the AFL this is the best we've looked. Peak Nike, peak design, red vodafone logo looks great. I like this get up more than the bars tbh but we have bigger fish to fry and sort the bars out first before wearing anything else as a throwback kit.
1639989289856.png

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
The only reason I had it as post 2000 too folks was so we all didn't chose a basic home kit from the 70s

I wanted to know the best it's looked since templates and sponsors became a thing ' make it more interesting

In the AFL this is the best we've looked. Peak Nike, peak design, red vodafone logo looks great. I like this get up more than the bars tbh but we have bigger fish to fry and sort the bars out first before wearing anything else as a throwback kit.
View attachment 1300089
That was always my least favourite Port strip among the originals. I personally thought the Ansett Cup one, with the lightning bolt down the middle, was the best actual footy jumper. Until the chevron came along anyway. My Port pick would be early chevron with the full black back. I know the number panel is supposed to be a pear thing but all black with white numbers just looked so much more badass.

This would be my Port pick. All black, slick as. Back sponsor matches the colour scheme. Perfect.
SHED7zn.jpeg

GoldbergsGold

Premiership Player
Sep 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
That was always my least favourite Port strip among the originals. I personally thought the Ansett Cup one, with the lightning bolt down the middle, was the best actual footy jumper. Until the chevron came along anyway. My Port pick would be early chevron with the full black back. I know the number panel is supposed to be a pear thing but all black with white numbers just looked so much more badass.

This would be my Port pick. All black, slick as. Back sponsor matches the colour scheme. Perfect.
SHED7zn.jpeg
The 1 teal bolt complimented the 2 white bolts with Port's first away uniform, and really stands out more than the chevron designs. Also, too much teal just doesn't look good.

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The only reason I had it as post 2000 too folks was so we all didn't chose a basic home kit from the 70s

I wanted to know the best it's looked since templates and sponsors became a thing ' make it more interesting

The reason I picked the kit from the 70s (which is essentially the same thing we wore until the mid 90s) is because we haven't really gotten it right in the printed jumpers era. The stripes are almost always too thin with way too much white space on the sides. It's not impossible to do it better, Collingwood's efforts in the last couple of years have been pretty close to what I think North should do. The new Puma strip is a huge improvement over what came before and I think it might already be my favourite strip since 2000.

Back