Opinion What's the Buzza?

Remove this Banner Ad

correct....

well documented and discussed depth perception issue. Working very hard to remedy it.

Go Catters

How does anyone 'work hard' to remedy eyesight issues? and yes, I'm trying hard to avoid the obvious jokes here.

You would think eye surgery would be the main answer if contacts are not helping.

How does anyone 'work hard' to remedy eyesight issues? and yes, I'm trying hard to avoid the obvious jokes here.

You would think eye surgery would be the main answer if contacts are not helping.
There are eye exercises.

My first thought as well, but as Landgraft notes exercises would help a bit.
Maybe he should get a transplant. He could probably find a suitable match to order in China from a FLG 'donor'. :p

Think I read somewhere that he has an issue with his eyes which adds a degree of difficulty, especially with marking.
Always found this one hard to believe, a professional club would get that sorted with surgery quick smart, sounds like an excuse that got made up to excuse s**t marking ability to me.

I asked my optometrist about eye exercises and was told their benefits are a myth, fwiw
Interesting. Can't say I've ever had need for them personally, Wylie has definitely been doing them and thinks they've helped. But who can really say?

The discussion was about depth perceptions and more specifically the use of training the eye to pull depth and focus.
The eye can be "worked" to improve these conditions and responses to depth analysis.

There can also be ocular muscle work done to assist in eye movements that can help. Thus hard work.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. Can't say I've ever had need for them personally, Wylie has definitely been doing them and thinks they've helped. But who can really say?

If I understood them properly, you can do some exercises to strengthen the eye and slow degeneration, but you can't reverse or correct visual issues through these alone

If I understood them properly, you can do some exercises to strengthen the eye and slow degeneration, but you can't reverse or correct visual issues through these alone
For Buzza it's easy ... he simply goes to sleep.

Presumably it's not the only option being pursued. It's not really our place to know the specifics of his treatment, though.

Generally, big blokes take longer to develop, so he might turn out to be OK. His biggest flaw, the inability to take marks at AFL pressure, is something that will end his career prematurely unless he improves this a lot. If the Sav Rat has an outstanding year showing us what he was doing last year before he broke his leg (but better), Buzza won't play many AFL games.

There's an article in the Catvertiser this morning about how well Buzza trained yesterday.
A "shining light during heated contested training" apparently.
Behind the paywall of course, so someone else might have to dig it out.

There's an article in the Catvertiser this morning about how well Buzza trained yesterday.
A "shining light during heated contested training" apparently.
Behind the paywall of course, so someone else might have to dig it out.
He "trained the house down" did he? Heard that one before. Proof will come when we see it on the field against a hostile opposition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back