Opinion What's the Buzza?

Remove this Banner Ad

If I understood them properly, you can do some exercises to strengthen the eye and slow degeneration, but you can't reverse or correct visual issues through these alone

As someone with a 'lazy eye', I would endorse this viewpoint. Exercises alone won't correct the visual issues (especially depth perception problems for objects moving at speed) that are associated with a lazy eye.

And particularly so at Wylie's age. I was given specific exercises for my eyes when I was young (pre-teen years) to ensure that my eyesight developed as well as it possibly could. After that, you're basically managing the condition until your eyesight starts to naturally deteriorate as you age.

There's no way this condition was concocted to explain his apparent lack of ability to stick marks in the heat of a game. And there's also no way he can massively improve his ability in this area simply through exercises.

In short, unless his confidence soars (and I think it was shot when things started to go awry in that Power game), I don't expect to see a great improvement in his marking prowess.

Which does mean a permanent move to the backline beckons.

Not in best 22. Too slow and no defensive acts in his game. He’ll move from being a promising young tall to middle age (in football terms) hack. Will be delisted at seasons end.
Defensive acts are literally one of his strengths.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back