Whats the feeling for Sundays Lottery?

Remove this Banner Ad

Grendel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 23, 2000
Spanish Announcers table
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Do you feel confident,apprehensive or just hopeful that the recuriters have done a good job so far and that this sundays draft will be the icing on the cake?

What do you hope your clubs take, midfielders,backs,forwards or rucks or rovers. Should they keep a place open for the november recycled players or stick with the kids?

On the Hawks i dont really want anymore rejects, Young has turned me sour on that notion for the time being at least (Dutchy you owe me a drink on that one haha).

Id like to see us go for run (suprise suprise) but if they do spot a talented key well, hey they are harder to get and doesnt a good big man always beat a good little man (to quote Jack Dyer!). A small forward might be handy too. Otherwise im fairly happy with how things have gone so far with the trading/draft period now just about done.

Thoughts?

People talk about how boring the draft is to watch on TV.

I find the whole 2.5/3 hours fascinating.

I am very excited with having the first two selections. Our footy manager has already said our first selections will come out of a group of four players.

In direct contrast to Hawthorn Grendel, I think we need some key position players. So I would be pleased with Koschitske and Riewoldt, yet the talk on the first guy seems to have lessened and Didak seems all the rage. I think our first two picks will come from those three.

For our latter selections, we probably should look at another ruckman as well as drafting a player off our supplementary list whose name I won't mention.
wink.gif

I think you'd have to be seriously lacking a life to watch the draft on T.V.

For sheer mind-numbing excruciating boredom, the draft is right up there with the Brownlow Medal count as the worst show on T.V.

I reckon the Fish Cam on Channel 31 is more interesting than the Draft and the Brown-nose Medal put together.

I can't believe the arrogance of the A.F.L. in allowing the damn thing to be telecast. How can they be so far up themselves that they actually think this snore-fest is worthy of being shown on television.

I support involuntary euthenasia for anyone caught watching it.

------------------
**floreat pica**

I love watching the draft as well sainter... well our picks anyway.... the excitement at seeing this certain player being pinched off your supp list
wink.gif

Great topic Grendel!

Can't wait for it, but I go in with a bit of apprehension, hoping we FINALLY draft a young key position backman. I mean it's all well and good going for the best available, but something Wallace has failed to do in his four years with the club has been to draft for deficiencies. I think time will tell that we drafted well last year, but having depth beyond limits in the midfield isn't great when Hunter gets injured and Kretiuk (183cm) goes CHB. Every year they avoid drafting a backman above 190, who they can develop well for a couple of years, then have a quality backup, or if being optimistic, uncovering a Leigh Brown who can do very well almost immediately. I fail to see why they wouldn't even have a stab at it. A farmer/burns type wouldn't go astray either.

In regards to recycled players, I would really like to see at least one taken in the national draft, because we are getting a little "stale", and a successful pick up could really heighten the enthusiasm towards next season. A Wakelin (sainter
wink.gif
)/ Carrol Rode (Grendel
wink.gif
)/ could turn out to be great, and Wallace hasn't failed in really getting the most out of rejects.... Wills doesn't count
mad.gif

Funny Alf,

I would have the definition of someone lacking a life would be someone who spent all their time on bigfooty disagreeing with people.

As for finding the draft interesting, I think it depends if you are interested in the development of young players across the country.

Watching these players get drafted to the different teams and particularly my team is interesting.

Over the past few years there have been a few people that I have known personally or have come from my area that have been drafted and I like the opportunity to follow their progress.

If you aren't interested, don't watch it. Just accept that there are quite a few people who will be watching.

I enjoy watching the draft too. I must admit,though,that I usually video the thing and then later fast forward to the interesting stuff (North's selections). Someone on the AFL rumour file reckon they've got the top 10,might be pretty close too and according to that list North would get Didak and Daniel Motlop, I'd be very pleased with that but think Didak will go top 4. It's interesting that all the players discussed are forwards of some description,onballers or ruckmen. Where are all the key defenders to help Westy Boy's mob?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back