Whats the go with Claye?

Remove this Banner Ad

Because you can only have 22 players in the team. If someone comes in, someone must come out. Yeo has had a good run, probably due for a rest. Looks like Golby last year, could break out next year. Good to see Beams in, does deserve it. Was only a matter of time, was always going to get a game sooner or later.

Because you can only have 22 players in the team. If someone comes in, someone must come out. Yeo has had a good run, probably due for a rest. Looks like Golby last year, could break out next year. Good to see Beams in, does deserve it. Was only a matter of time, was always going to get a game sooner or later.
Fair enough ... still reckon he almost deserved to play out the season, but if has half the season Golby had been having I'll be stoked.

Normally what happens on this board when there have been calls for a particular player to get a game, and that player then finally gets a game, is the player is fairly underwhelming and people soon start calling for him to be dropped.

Normally what happens on this board when there have been calls for a particular player to get a game, and that player then finally gets a game, is the player is fairly underwhelming and people soon start calling for him to be dropped.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Until their possessions they do squander.

Then to next year our thoughts will wander.
As on their pre-season form we'll ponder.

Let's hope they go better than my old Honda.
I like movies featuring Jane Fonda.

Let's hope they go better than my old Honda.
I like movies featuring Jane Fonda.

A fellow named Peter “rode easy” from wild blue yonder
Though not sure, Rich or winged Barbarella who is blonder

Well you've gone and cursed him now.

Well you've gone and cursed him now.

Cursed schmursed...As always in these situations the ball is in Beams' court this weekend despite the contibutions of the homespun philosophers and bards.

The only way forward for players in the ressies is demand selection and then grab the opportunity by the scruff of the neck.

A fellow named Peter “rode easy” from wild blue yonder
Though not sure, Rich or winged Barbarella who is blonder

The Lions ship be leaky, is Beams the one to bond her?
Or will he fail to raise a roar and leave us all to ponder?

The Lions ship be leaky, is Beams the one to bond her?
Or will he fail to raise a roar and leave us all to ponder?

There once was a man from Nantucket...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cursed schmursed...As always in these situations the ball is in Beams' court this weekend despite the contibutions of the homespun philosophers and bards.

The only way forward for players in the ressies is demand selection and then grab the opportunity by the scruff of the neck.

Was just about to say that Old Den, but you got in before me.
Destiny in his own hands now, show people what you got young Claye.

It is a bit different when a player retires, as opposed to is traded, though. 3 years post retirement and still going strong!

A few more 4 me, but same sentiment. Safe as.

In another season where there has been a lot of failure his Rising Star nomination was one of the rays of hope that people grabbed onto. I and many others are perplexed about why he has not been given more opportunities given he has shown he can do well at AFL level and has been in great form for the reserves. Not playing him dampens what hope we had for the future.
FWIW there is not a single other nominee this year who is being held out of games like Beams is. Other teams want to play their kids who have been recognised amongst the elite of their age group. We are in the bottom third of the ladder and yet refuse to play a kid with demonstrated talent. Instead we continue to play mediocre talented guys who do just enough to hold their spots and have shown no improvement in three years. I am sorry but I just do not understand the logic if indeed there is logic in there somewhere.

Agree 200%. Has me stumped - just have to take solace with the fact they know more than me, but perplexing, to say the least.

A few more 4 me, but same sentiment. Safe as.

Agree 200%. Has me stumped - just have to take solace with the fact they know more than me, but perplexing, to say the least.
Development year. Giving those mediocre players enough rope to hang themselves, in preparation for mass delistings, perhaps?

Just speculating, mind you, prolly not true. I'm pretty sure that's not how coaches think.

Development year. Giving those mediocre players enough rope to hang themselves, in preparation for mass delistings, perhaps?

Just speculating, mind you, prolly not true. I'm pretty sure that's not how coaches think.

You'd hope not. Surely it would be more effective to simply let the more talented players take the spots of those less talented, therefore not needing to give players enough rope to "prove" that they're not good enough.

How can you enjoy Jane Fonda? I hate 'er.
Bitch sold out POW's. F'n traitor.

I said I enjoy movies with Jane Fonda.
Check out Klute, China Syndrome or even Cat Ballou.
It's an opportunity you shouldn't squander.
You're missing out on some fantastic films if you do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back