Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Criminal : Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman, Tommy Lee Jones,
Costner is a brain damaged, long term inmate, who is the prime candidate for a radical new procedure to transfer memories from dead people to living. A CIA agent with some important info is killed by the movies bad guy, so Costner to the rescue to resume the mission.
Actually wasn't that bad, got a few laughs, a bit of action, good cast, but points off for corny ending 6/10

Black Mass

Look, not a bad film I enjoyed it and Johnny Depp was pretty good but had that feeling of if you've seen one biographical film about a criminal and their demise then you've seen them all, if you get what I mean.

Just didn't stand out to me.

The Kings Of Summer (2013) - 3/10 - teen boys coming of age, nicely shot and solid cast but poor writing and no depth.

Welp (2014) - 4/10 - Euro boy scout slasher film, lots of potential but let down in execution and no genuine mystery/thriller aspects.

Goodnight Mommy (2014) - 5/10 - German horror/mystery film that has solid performances and nice setting but gives away the major plot/twist in the first 10 minutes of the film - wtf???

The last movie i saw was an untitled home production. A whole collection of family movies forgotten by the previous tenants. Let's just say there's a lot of interesting content :eek:

Sounds a bit like 8mm.

Do you actually watch movies or just feed off reviews?
If you need reviews: http://www.imdb.com/?ref_=nv_home It will be your friend :)

Opera (1987) - Enjoyable, stylish giallo from Dario Argento. About an opera singer who's stalked by a serial killer who forces her to watch him kill people. Probably the last great movie he made although the last couple of minutes are unfortunate (doesn't ruin the film or anything but just WTF was he thinking). A real treat visually and a good story to boot. 7.5/10

Trauma (1993)
- Another Argento flick about a serial killer. Not bad, had some nice special effects and a couple of memorable set pieces. Pretty silly movie but enjoyable enough. 6/10

I find the stories your human race creates for entertainment and erudition incredibly infantile for an angelic being such as myself.
Yeah but what about STAR WARS..?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Edge Of Tomorrow
Edge_of_Tomorrow_Poster.jpg
Love it. Love love love it. Would be a 10 if not for one moment of idiotic, logic defying behaviour from the characters. This is less of a review and more of a personal opinion piece, but it leaves me speechless so there's nothing really to say anyway, other than do yourself a favour.
9/10

Cell - Was ok but nothing special and the ending didn't make a lot of sense to me.

Tango & Cash is on telly.

Look, for a movie starring Stallone and Russell during their peak, in an action movie during the peak of action cinema, this should have been a lot better.

5/10

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Anton Yelchin took too soon - watched a little flick called Odd Thomas. Was an over movie which had some pretty dark overtones which I can understand rub people the wrong way (i.e. massacres). I quite liked it and it surprised me a bit. Plus, Willem Dafoe in a supporting role, he always seems to nail these.

6/10
Watching Curb Your Enthusiasm on Box Sets and came across him in that. I'd forgotten

And flipping around the dial just now Along Came A Spider is on - he's in that too. The Russian kid that is a kidnap target

Tango & Cash is on telly.

Look, for a movie starring Stallone and Russell during their peak, in an action movie during the peak of action cinema, this should have been a lot better.

5/10

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk
You meant 5/5 right

Swiss Army Man

An absurd take on the Cast Away style "man on an island" story. Dragged in parts but also pretty funny. Worth a look if nothing else of interest is showing. 7/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back