Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
War Dogs.
Directed by Todd Phillips (The Hangover, 40 year old virgin, Old school), War Dogs depicts the real life story of two young Miami school friends trying to make a living in an increasingly volatile world.

Efraim Diveroli (portrayed by a very fat Jonah Hill) and David Packouz (Miles "rushing or dragging" Teller) come together after a tragic event to launch one of Americas most notorious gun running projects. Diveroli, the brash, money maker, juxtaposed Packouz who was trying to make ends meet as a qualified massage therapist (extras cost extra).

Ana de Armas reprises the role of Packouzs stunning, alluring, beautiful wife.

Not really sure what to expect, the opening scene summed it up. Miles getting beaten up in Albania, pause, his voice narrating the story. Flashback and play.

Switching between Hills maniacal laugh, and stressed Miles, you are floating between comedy and ruh ruh something bad gonna happen.

Quote frankly this movie left me wanting more. It was missing something important, just can't put my finger on it for the moment.

5.4/10

deadly_prey_blog5-e1353979792431.jpg

* yeah. this is about a mercanry training camp that kidnaps real people to use as prey that they hunt for training. but one day they happen to kidnap a guy who is not only a former soldier, but the best soldier that the guy who now runs the mercanry camp ever trained. Our ripped hero Mike Danton soon racks up a body count that would make most Friday the 13th films jealous, not only with your regular guns, knifes, grenades and rocket launchers but also spiked booby traps and the good old fashioned 'pick a guy up and break his back on a tree' move, culminating in one of the bad guys getting his arm chopped off, beaten to death with it and then scalped. and in another amazing coincidence, one of the mercs in training is a guy Mike saved the life of in Vietnam and helps him out. What a small world.

1000/10

deadly_prey_blog5-e1353979792431.jpg

**** yeah. this is about a mercanry training camp that kidnaps real people to use as prey that they hunt for training. but one day they happen to kidnap a guy who is not only a former soldier, but the best soldier that the guy who now runs the mercanry camp ever trained. Our ripped hero Mike Danton soon racks up a body count that would make most Friday the 13th films jealous, not only with your regular guns, knifes, grenades and rocket launchers but also spiked booby traps and the good old fashioned 'pick a guy up and break his back on a tree' move, culminating in one of the bad guys getting his arm chopped off, beaten to death with it and then scalped. and in another amazing coincidence, one of the mercs in training is a guy Mike saved the life of in Vietnam and helps him out. What a small world.

1000/10

So much yes. From the late 80s correct?

Pay the Ghost

Nothing special but worth a watch.

Might as well enjoy the win while it lasts ;)

Meanwhile thumping wins against Melbourne, Brisbane, Essendon, Port Adelaide, GCS......... count for nothing if you fail to win the premiership. One could say that you are yet to be tested with the teams you have faced over the past 6 weeks :). If it goes according to the Squiggle you're going to get done by Sydney and that's going to be hilarious :D.

I have recordings of Hawthorns season victories from the past few years saved and they get re-watched every now and then.
A lot of Hawthorns wins from 2016 have been thrillers and could go down as classics (for Hawthorn fans anyway) - if Hawthorn do get bungled out I'll be faced with a choice of keeping those wins for prosperity reasons OR deleting them because ultimately they counted for nothing in regards of being a premiership year.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind Very entertaining. Beautifully shot. Well acted. 9/10.
Jaws Not quite as dated as I thought it would be. V V tense in parts. Sharkey looks cool still. Needed to download subs so I knew what Mumbleyman said though. 8/10.
Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom Couldn't make it the whole way through before I got bored and logged into bf instead. I liked how racist it was and I also spent a significant part of the movie thinking about Kate Capshaw's derriere. 6/10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Legend. Good, but not great story of the Kray twins. Tom Hardy playing both roles brilliantly. Uniformly excellent cast, really good soundtrack.

Should have been better, but it was quite slow and too long.

7.5/10

Legend. Good, but not great story of the Kray twins. Tom Hardy playing both roles brilliantly. Uniformly excellent cast, really good soundtrack.

Should have been better, but it was quite slow and too long.

7.5/10

may have been cause i was watching on the plane, but i felt the movie was quite ok in terms of its pacing. perhaps it required more editing and cutting. fight scenes were good.

may have been cause i was watching on the plane, but i felt the movie was quite ok in terms of its pacing. perhaps it required more editing and cutting. fight scenes were good.

Planes do that. Captive audience. I watched Batman V Superman to the end on a plane. No way I would have finished it in my lounge !

Death Race 2000 (1975) - B-movie madness set in a dystopian future about a coast to coast car race where you score points for running over pedestrians. There's also a resistance group trying to put a stop to race. Funny, violent and stars Sylvester Stallone. What else do you need in a movie? 8.5/10

Weiner - (The former US congressman, not a film about dick, although...)

Watched it because of the latest sexting scandal that has engulfed him - film released at Sundance earlier in the year - and it's pretty amazing. Just that perfect timing, to initially be about his redemptive campaign for Mayor of NYC to then blow up into another sexting scandal. Fantastic access. Huma Abedin, his wife and vice chair of Hilary, is pretty low-key throughout, but whenever the camera focuses on her, her expressions tell a story. Really felt for her.

The truly amazing part of Weiner though, is just how many times he shoots himself in the face. Don't know much about his politics, but he comes across as affable, with a bit of mongrel. The problem being, he just thinks way too much with his dick, which might not be a problem - or at least interesting - if he was single and not someone who had a wife and a kid. 9/10

Weiner - (The former US congressman, not a film about dick, although...)

Watched it because of the latest sexting scandal that has engulfed him - film released at Sundance earlier in the year - and it's pretty amazing. Just that perfect timing, to initially be about his redemptive campaign for Mayor of NYC to then blow up into another sexting scandal. Fantastic access. Huma Abedin, his wife and vice chair of Hilary, is pretty low-key throughout, but whenever the camera focuses on her, her expressions tell a story. Really felt for her.

The truly amazing part of Weiner though, is just how many times he shoots himself in the face. Don't know much about his politics, but he comes across as affable, with a bit of mongrel. The problem being, he just thinks way too much with his dick, which might not be a problem - or at least interesting - if he was single and not someone who had a wife and a kid. 9/10

I can't tell if Weiner is a sociopath who has no feelings for his family, or if he's purely in a political marriage where love is not at the top of the agenda for either of them because while the camera can't capture their most intimate moments every reaction of his wife, Huma, is of complete "I can't believe I'm married to this guy".

Can't believe there's another scandal too, because at this point, what is he even doing with a phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back