Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Country for Old Men

Every Bruce/BT/Den superfluous comment combined couldn't do justice to this. One of those films where everything is perfect, from the performances to the cinematography to of course the script. Every scene was either full of anxiety and dread, or full of momentary relief to have gotten out of the last scene without everything going arse up, even if that last scene had something that kinda did go arse up.

No idea why it took me so long to watch this one; I wish I had seen it years ago.

Last edited:
STAR WARS: Attack of the Clones - was on TV last night.
Meh, pretty boring for most parts and some really cheesy dialogue between Padmae and Anakin.
The Jedi vs droid fight scene in the arena was cool though and the sinister count Dooku was very well played by Christopher Lee.

Other than that it was way too cartoonish. 5/10

Finally got around to seeing Conjuring 2. I'm not so good with horror movies so was packing my dacks after the first half hour lol.

It's a good film, a lot of fun, almost relentless the scares so never boring.

The Enfield haunting was pretty much written off as a hoax, so I liked the way they acknowledged that thoroughly....but that's not much of a horror movie if they just follow suit! So exploring well "maybe or what if it wasn't a hoax" made for a great story.

Slightly more polished than the original...but lacked the raw terror of it imo, despite some sickeningly scary moments (for me at least!) especially early on.

It's a worthy sequel, and the skill with which director James Wan built suspense was just magnificent again.

7.5/10

No Country for Old Men

Every Bruce/BT/Den superfluous comment combined couldn't do justice to this. One of those films where everything is perfect, from the performances to the cinematography to of course the script. Every scene was either full of anxiety and dread, or full of momentary relief to have gotten out of the last scene without everything going arse up, even if that last scene had something that kinda did go arse up.

No idea why it took me so long to watch this one; I wish I had seen it years ago.
Book is great too.

Finally got around to seeing Conjuring 2. I'm not so good with horror movies so was packing my dacks after the first half hour lol.

It's a good film, a lot of fun, almost relentless the scares so never boring.

The Enfield haunting was pretty much written off as a hoax, so I liked the way they acknowledged that thoroughly....but that's not much of a horror movie if they just follow suit! So exploring well "maybe or what if it wasn't a hoax" made for a great story.

Slightly more polished than the original...but lacked the raw terror of it imo, despite some sickeningly scary moments (for me at least!) especially early on.

It's a worthy sequel, and the skill with which director James Wan built suspense was just magnificent again.

7.5/10

The nun was scary especially the scene when you see her down the hall way.

Was good to see the origins of "bye Felicia" though

Apparently Ice Cube wrote the line Bye Felicia for the movie Friday, but was never credited with it. His son decided to ad lib it in Straight Outta Compton as a kind of tribute to his dad. There are a few theories about it, but this seems the likely one.

STAR WARS: Attack of the Clones - was on TV last night.
Meh, pretty boring for most parts and some really cheesy dialogue between Padmae and Anakin.
The Jedi vs droid fight scene in the arena was cool though and the sinister count Dooku was very well played by Christopher Lee.

Other than that it was way too cartoonish. 5/10

I remember going to the movies to see it. I sat through 40 minutes or so of it on Saturday night because my son wanted to watch it. It has not got any better. Dreadful.

I remember going to the movies to see it. I sat through 40 minutes or so of it on Saturday night because my son wanted to watch it. It has not got any better. Dreadful.
Revenge of the Sith was just on tonight. Much better, really dark and vicious. I'd happily rate that 7 or 8/10

Arrival.

Absolutely brilliant........................O.K., I haven't seen it yet but I know it will be.
Villeneuve gets praised for being the director of Prisoners and Sicario and as good as they were, Incendies and Enemy were somewhat more interesting.
..........and this guy has been charged with the Blade Runner sequel.

Star Trek Beyond.

Why? Why did I bother?
Absolute crap from start to end. 2/10

The Magnificent Seven

I don't hesitate to call it the best action movie of the year. It's a bunch of charming personalities murdering a different bunch of nameless, assholes in dusters for two hours and it's a lot of fun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right now, watching this movie called Into the blue on Foxtel. Seems pretty s**t so far, but Jessica Alba has me far too distracted..

Speaking of which, wtf happened to her ??
She's in a new movie "mechanic: ressurection" The sequel to the mechanic reboot with that transporter/expendable actor .

Another s**t fest of a film , sadly she's hot as * but hasn't done much with her career.

Mechanic: resurrection

Jessica Alba is smoking hot ..the things I would love to do to her lol

Sadly while I loved the first film, this sequel is putrid . The action sequences are ok, however the plot is dreadful and cringe worthy.

3/10

+1 for The Magnificent Seven being a thoroughly entertaining movie

The original was a staple of my childhood thanks to it being a favourite of my old mans - we'd always watch when it got a run on tele along with the dirty dozen and Kelly's heroes

For a remake this it's the nail on the head. The films been given a bit of an update so the bad guys a gold miner ******* up the environment/water supply to a nearby town and a generally stereotypically greedy rich guy with power rather than a crazy arse bunch of Mexicans stealing food

The seven themselves are a more diverse bunch including an African/American, an oriental, a Cherokee and a Mexican and a female is given the role of the villager going out to hire the guns to help the villagers

Fortunately the film doesn't try to make this anything more than the original was - a simple morality tale with a basic easy to follow plot line as you cheer on the good guys cleaning up the bad guys with no shades of grey between the two and a few laughs amongst the carnage

Predictable fun. Loved it.

ROTS is easily better than TFA and on par with ROTJ to me.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk
ROTJ hasn't really held up over time like ANH or Empire have. The ewoks are really out of place in the original trilogy, and it takes a long time for the plot to get started with over 40min dedicated to rescuing Han from Jabba.

But it's still better than any of the prequals

ROTJ hasn't really held up over time like ANH or Empire have. The ewoks are really out of place in the original trilogy, and it takes a long time for the plot to get started with over 40min dedicated to rescuing Han from Jabba.

Yeah, on rewatch the Jabba's palace stuff is really tedious, without a doubt the worst paced sequence of the saga
But it's still better than any of the prequals

Nah, you have prequel blinkers on.

==============
Continued in Part 5
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/whats-the-last-movie-you-saw-5.1150550/

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back