Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
CAM (Netflix 2018)

Interesting premise. One of those movies that you can kind of just enjoy without having a clear idea of what is happening, then take to youtube / google etc for some theories and explanations and realise how much you missed. Shades of ENEMY in that sense, not as deep or well made however probably more entertaining on the surface. 7/10

Terrific film. It had to be made in a very unsentimental fashion to honour John Callahan and they certainly didn’t sugar coat any aspects of his humour or behaviour. Joaquin Phoenix was great as usual but I thought Jonah Hill stole the show. He was incredible.
I've never been big on Hill, I think he's a pretty meh actor, but he was good in this. Phoenix though was phenomenal.

Sexy Beast

I don't know how I'd managed to avoid this for so long!

Really enjoyable light hearted British gangster/heist film, rather dark but I thought it was funny as *.

It oozes bad attitude! Ben Kingsley is brilliant, he must have had an absolute blast playing his role.

7.5/10

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Yes!!

My history with Die Hard. Grew up liking the first 2.... hadn't seen them in years, watched WAV by accident one day and instantly loved it to the point where it was my favourite in the series.

It wasn’t until I got the 2 disc special editions of the first 2 that I fell in love with the original again.

I've seen (and own 4 and 5) still pretend they don't exist.

TMI.... I have multiple copies of 1-3 on dvd as well as blu-ray. Individual copies of DH 1 & 2, a single disc and 2 disc edition of WAV. I have 2 different box sets of the "complete collection".

I also own the first 3 movies on bluray as well as the complete box set.
That is Peralta level Die Hard fanaticism

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sexy Beast

I don't know how I'd managed to avoid this for so long!

Really enjoyable light hearted British gangster/heist film, rather dark but I thought it was funny as ****.

It oozes bad attitude! Ben Kingsley is brilliant, he must have had an absolute blast playing his role.

7.5/10

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Felt like a real movie in two parts for mine, first half is just amazing with Kinglsey's character and the tension that wen talong with it

Avengers Infinity War - Geez what a bloated mess of a film. Way too many characters involved in endless CGI battles in which you have no emotional involvement. It just doesn’t seem to matter.
It just felt flat and boring for the most part.
I think I’m getting superhero fatigue. There’s just too many of these films. It’s getting dull.
There’s no way anyone believes all those characters actually died at the end.

Bohemian Rhapsody;
I love Queens music but never really knew much about the band. Totally aware that there was artistic license taken and that some of the events will have been exaggerated but that said still a really entertaining film.
Would recommend to anyone with an interest in the band or their songs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bohemian Rhapsody;
I love Queens music but never really knew much about the band. Totally aware that there was artistic license taken and that some of the events will have been exaggerated but that said still a really entertaining film.
Would recommend to anyone with an interest in the band or their songs.

The critics savaged it - but it still made a shitload at the box office.

I don't know why some are expecting a hard hitting docu-drama about Freddie Mercury about him contracting AIDS. Did they think Brian May and Roger Taylor wanted to minimise their role in one of the most influential bands of our time?

I thoroughly enjoyed it, and watched it twice. Creative licence was taken but it just made the movie even better.

I don't know why some are expecting a hard hitting docu-drama about Freddie Mercury about him contracting AIDS. Did they think Brian May and Roger Taylor wanted to minimise their role in one of the most influential bands of our time?

I thoroughly enjoyed it, and watched it twice. Creative licence was taken but it just made the movie even better.

It's still in theaters I think.

The critics savaged it because it's an enjoyable, but not a particularly great film. Whether that's right comes down to what you think a critic's role is.

The critics savaged it because it's an enjoyable, but not a particularly great film. Whether that's right comes down to what you think a critic's role is.

I guess that's why they're called 'critics'. However, it does nothing to dispel the notion that many of them are out of touch with what the movie-going public want.

Just got back from aquaman, it was awful. Really poor childish humour randomly thrown in, big plot holes, all in all just really disappointing.

Would have been so much better with Vincent Chase as Aquaman

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it's somewhere in between.

A lot of critic reviews (IMO) seem caught on personal preferences; themes withing a film; or the filmmaking techiques.

And a lot of the general viewing public are easily pleased; happily paying to see and enjoying films that are poorly made (not to mention tired and formulaic).

Or it could mean that the movie-going public wants poor quality films, which is a more worrying theory that can be drawn.

Perhaps, but in the end who am I to judge what others like?

If you want arthouse films by Terence Malick featuring dinosaurs, go for it. If you want Bad Boys meets Transformers in a Michael Bay explosion fest, enjoy yourself. But I do question whether critics unreasonably malign the latter while gushing over the former. Not everything has to be an artistic masterpiece and it just reeks of elitism when you denigrate those who might want to spend $10 to watch Bumblebee on the weekend for entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back