Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Toump Ass

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne

Un delitto poco comune aka Phantom of Death aka Off Balance (1988)
A wealthy, attractive, and gifted piano player cops the same disease as "Benjamin Button" which triggers him to create a list of everyone he's ever had sex with and kill them. Donald Pleasence- who appears in approximately 87% of the films I've ever watched- is allegedly a police officer but at some point he appears to randomly switch characters to a pissed man at a bus stop. Make sure you see the original, uncensored cut for the impressive Basil Exploitation dismembering a prostitute with a lamp shade. 5/10

Free Jack (1992)
Rolling stone Mick Jagger takes a quick break from porking everything with legs and a pair of tits to chase around that guy who coached an ice hockey team. Anthony Hopkins not only plays the exact same character as he does in Westworld, but he even recycles some of the script. Special effects were garbage but I loved them anyway... and Jagger's accent? Not so much. Giving this one an extra 2 points for the egregious tagline: "WELCOME TO THE SAVAGE WORLD OF 2009!" (and it was a savage world for Dees supporters hehehe)
4/10

Scanner Cop (1994)
Canadian Tele-movie that marketed itself entirely on the fact it uses rejected characters from David Cronenberg's Scanners. A police officer with the power to blow a hole in perople's heads through will power alone chases an evil scientist who is performing experiments on people with psychic powers. Strangely compelling watching d-grade actors "think really hard". 5/10

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sorted

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Destroyer - 6/10

Can't fault Nicole Kidman's performance that alone deserves an 8.5/10. Unfortunately I found the film rather boring which is disappointing because I really enjoyed the directors previous work, The Uninvited.
I quite liked it. Nicole shows she can still act at the down and dirty level. I felt like a dumbass not figuring out the start/end resolution.

Toump Ass

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne

Not My Kid (1985)
Super-milf Stockard Channing (aka Rizzo from Grease) is a good parent and home maker but her 13yo daughter Susan wants to fit in with cool kids so she takes LSD, quaaludes, PCP, a couple of tokes of marihuana, heroin, prescription medications, speed, hash and cocaine, gets pregnant and beats the absolute living **** out of her snitchy little sister Kelly. Ripper mullets & fashion choices. Full movie is available on YouTube for you parents out there- show it to your kids before they get in a car with someone named Ricky and drive into oncoming traffic. 10/10

Rod Stroker

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Last Flag Flying. Average, bit too slow for me. Cranston keeps it going, but a fairly forgettable flick.

Vice. Also thought it was average. Didn't know a lot about Cheney before the movie, but it does leave you thinking he's fairly unlikeable, if not worse.

BlakeyNoFlakey

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
We watched A Star is Born (2018) again last night and what a fantastic movie. Bradley Cooper is just amazing, and he directed the film too. Lady GaGa's singing adds real quality to the film but as an actor she's not in Coopers league, but does a good job of her part. Fantastic movie.

Richard Pryor

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just watched Room. A great film, depicts a horrific situation in a very human way avoiding coming across as exploitative (which is what I expected going into it). Not one weak link in any of the acting, especially the child actor who truly embodied the character and made me believe I was watching a kid who had been through what he'd been through, which made the healing process much more moving.

EFC 1871

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Essendon
Blindspotting.

Written by and starring Daveed Diggs, who has to be one of the most likable people in Hollywood (IMO).

It's set in the ghetto of Oakland, California; about a guy in the last days of his parole, trying to stay out of trouble despite the best efforts of his best friend.

It's a comedy drama, with some pretty serious moments relating to race and identity, but also quite light throughout.

I personally liked it a fair bit (6/10), and would describe it as a hybrid of Boyz n the Hood, Half Baked, and Sorry to Bother You.

WCErevival

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
Left Behind
Poor acting, poor effects, rubbish plot.
2/10

Operation Finale
What I thought would have been interesting was a bit meh in the end.
5/10

crafty_bernardo

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Arctic 7.5/10

Mads, one of his best performances in my opinion. Probably to do with it being a survival film. Showcasing various emotions. Greatly recommended. The person who scored the film also does a wonderful job.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richard Pryor

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Blindspotting.

Written by and starring Daveed Diggs, who has to be one of the most likable people in Hollywood (IMO).

It's set in the ghetto of Oakland, California; about a guy in the last days of his parole, trying to stay out of trouble despite the best efforts of his best friend.

It's a comedy drama, with some pretty serious moments relating to race and identity, but also quite light throughout.

I personally liked it a fair bit (6/10), and would describe it as a hybrid of Boyz n the Hood, Half Baked, and Sorry to Bother You.
Rafael Casale is phenomenal as Diggs friend in the film. In most films the stuff he does would break the suspension of disbelief as it would not make sense for Diggs to put up with his ****, but he's just so likeable you can see how you'd look past the flaws.

Richard Cranium

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
Black Panther

Watched this a week or so ago and jeez, can someone explain what I missed here? To me, it was a complete mess. Tonally all over the place - even by Marvel standards - with a completely dull and forgettable protagonist, laughably bad villains, lame jokes, shitty special effects and plenty of plots points that just didn't make sense.

The hype and the Oscars love (lol) had me expecting something brilliant that was more than just a run of the mill superhero movie and instead I watched maybe the worst Marvel film I've come across.

Bobby P

All Australian
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
WHU Dallas Swansea Raiders Brumbies
Lego Movie 2

6/10

Took my 3 year old to see this as he is really starting to get into Lego. He enjoyed it a lot and it had a few good gags for the older folks. He made me sit through the entire credits which plays the "This song's gonna get stuck inside head" song in its entirety again (was intense). I really like the subtle parts such as the old school astronauts helmet being broken and his logo on his chest rubbing off.

Cuzz09

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
Black Panther

Watched this a week or so ago and jeez, can someone explain what I missed here? To me, it was a complete mess. Tonally all over the place - even by Marvel standards - with a completely dull and forgettable protagonist, laughably bad villains, lame jokes, shitty special effects and plenty of plots points that just didn't make sense.

The hype and the Oscars love (lol) had me expecting something brilliant that was more than just a run of the mill superhero movie and instead I watched maybe the worst Marvel film I've come across.
My opinion... Oscar love due to mainly all black cast.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cuzz09

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.

eaglespremiers

BigFooty Forger
AFL Club
West Coast
Shazam - 6.5/10. Watchable but only because of Zachery Levi's charisma and childish behaviours.

Avengers: Endgame - 7.5/10 - excellent end to everything that has come before. I'm a harsh marker, but rate it about on par with Civil War and Infinity War. The clear stand out in the Marvel Cinematic universe is still The Winter Soldier which I rate at a 9/10.

EFC 1871

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Essendon
My opinion... Oscar love due to mainly all black cast.
Yeah, Hollywood love to pat themselves on the back for "being progressive".

Black Panther had great costumes; I understand them winning an award for that.

But every other aspect of the film was the same as other superhero/popcorn action films. It was not a well made film, and definitely not deserving of any awards.

Like Moonlight a few years ago, I think it's an important film. I'm glad that more mainstream films (or films with a wider audience, like Moonlight) are casting more diversely. It's ridiculous that it's taken this long for other ethnicities to be represented in Hollywood, and it irks me that Hollywood think they're amazing for doing for the bare ******* minimum, but that's a bit of a tangent.

My point is, it's important, but that doesn't make it a well made film.

Top Bottom