Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brightburn - I like the concept and the movie is pretty entertaining and well acted. It just lacks a bit of character development and a bit better story telling. Still it was pretty good - 6/10.

Cheers and i want to see Free Solo now and just checked Netflix and they don't have it. :(

The Dawn Wall is still available on Netflix though for those that have not seen it yet.

Just finished The Dawn Wall, liked it a lot, 9 / 10. I think it was a better story and better shot movie but I just can't get past someone climbing up that with no protection so Free Solo for me, just. Also there were only a couple of scenes that turned my stomach in The Dawn Wall, Free Solo was full of them and as posted previously, Free Solo had me sweating for real.

Brightburn - I like the concept and the movie is pretty entertaining and well acted. It just lacks a bit of character development and a bit better story telling. Still it was pretty good - 6/10.

Some full on hair on the back of the neck scenes though and that damn mask!

That kid was perfectly cast

The Gentleman

7.5/10

Maybe not as good as Snatch or Lock stock but a good return to Guy Ritchies english gangster roots.

Hugh Grants performance got alot of the credit but Colin Farrell was the star of the show in my opinion

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Roma - 5/10- yeah nah don’t get the hype.

Where was the character development? Main character was a blank slate. Other characters shallow as well.

Last edited:
Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

Dark Fate probably gets more right than it gets wrong, and there’s an undeniable thrill in seeing Hamilton and Schwarzenegger reunited onscreen for the first time in almost three decades. It’s also hard to stay interested in a franchise that looks, with each inessential sequel, more and more like a doomsday prepper rephrasing the same old prophecy. But this does rewrite those most recent awful films (Salvation & Gensys) out of cannon, so it has that going for it. I enjoyed it, but I couldn't help feel I've seen it all before. 6/10

1917 (2019)

There is no sense of real danger, because the mission has to continue, if only to keep this initially impressive long shot going. But the gimmick begins to wear thin quickly. Any time there’s a larger, more cataclysmic set piece, our heroes look like tiny chess pieces on a much bigger board, bystanders who move around exploding mortars and whizzing bullets it's almost comical. The movie does elicit some emotion at the end in a very British stoic restrained way, but is it enough to carry the movie beyond the screening. Interesting film. 6/10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Fall From Grace.
Netflix movie. Didn't mind it. Interesting to see what others think of this. Reviewers either love it or say its one of the worst movies they've seen.

Joker - Enjoyed it and it's a fantastic performance by Joaquin Phoenix, although it did feel like it was custom built for Phoenix to go full one man show on it.

I definitely think they need to resist temptation and stick with their initial plan of Joker being a stand alone movie. That doesn't need a sequel.

The Farwell

If the Chinese market is going to be represented in Hollywood, then let it be like this.

A heartwarming comedy-drama about a Chinese-American family that throws a fake wedding to reunite and say goodbye to their dying grandma, who has no idea of her own illness.

Batman Mask of Phantasm (1993) - 8/10

Bruce Timm's Batman work is just the best. I hope Reeve's Batman is very much similar.

1917 - 7/10

My most anticipated film, slightly disappointing. But still enjoyable.

1917 - very well done and superbly acted. Pretty suspenseful throughout, action aplenty and really authentic wartime scenery. Will watch again probably twice but that will be it.

Comparatively for war films I have seen Private Ryan perhaps 50 times and Das Boot maybe 80 but I rate them both a 10/10.

8/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back