Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah disagreed man sorry. I find a lot of people are either too unintelligent or spend too much time on their phones while watching to understand his movies (the criticism of OUATIH - what's the plot?), and a lot of people like to hate on something popular just to be contrary.

He is incredibly heavily influenced by spaghetti westerns, go and watch some of them and you'll see a lot of unrealistic stuff too which is what he bases a lot off.
Too unintelligent for Tarantino. Ok.

If you like Mr Robot, then watch True Romance. Christian Slater is the lead and it's the only Tarantino movie you need to see (he wrote it, didn't direct). One of the best crime thrillers of the 90s.

Too unintelligent for Tarantino. Ok.

If you like Mr Robot, then watch True Romance. Christian Slater is the lead and it's the only Tarantino movie you need to see (he wrote it, didn't direct). One of the best crime thrillers of the 90s.

Seen it a long time ago, thanks pal.

who would you guys consider overrated directors then? JJ Abrams? Ridley Scott? M Night Shyamalan? Guy Ritchie? Spike Lee? Clint Eastwood? Michael Bay? Who else???

Abrams is fine, but I don’t think he’s considered an “auteur” in the same vein as Tarantino/Scorsese/Lee.

Shyamalan got unfortunately pigeon holed but the Unbreakable trilogy is really good.

Bay isn’t rated at all, everyone knows he’s trashy but you know what you get.

Of that list I think only really Eastwood/Scott would be considered equivalents to Tarantino and I don’t think either is overrated (Eastwood is maybe one note?).

Nolan cops similar levels of criticisms to Tarantino but in much the same boat I think they are sensational.

I can see the logic in that bunch except for Inarritu (which to be fair I’ve not seen all of his filmography)

For me the way I am seeing it, for all the accolades that Birdman and The Revenant received, they're both pretty immemorable. The argument might sound flawed, but it's just the way it is.

Paul Thomas Anderson is this generation's most overrated director, for me.

Technically his films are sound, but they're not overly enjoyable to me.

For me the way I am seeing it, for all the accolades that Birdman and The Revenant received, they're both pretty immemorable. The argument might sound flawed, but it's just the way it is.
No wayyyyy. The Revenant haunts me, I never wanna see it again but it’s certainly not immemorable. And Birdman was awesome.

I think Bay could make really good films. The Rock and Bad Boys are great action movies of their time, 13 Hours is really good, and Pain and Gain is an interesting smaller movie that doesn't play it safe.

Everything else though is various degrees of bad. A new Transformers movie was on telly the other night, incredible to look at but garbage in every other aspect.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

12 Years A Slave (2013)

What does everyone else think of this one? I mean, it's objectively a well-made film with some outstanding performances (in particular Chiwetel Ejiofor) and incredibly memorable scenes (the almost lynching, the reunion), but it didn't quite impress me as much as I expected. Maybe some of the villains (and Brad Pitt's character) just seemed a little one-dimensional? And perhaps that's what they were actually like, but it didn't translate that well as a movie to me. 7/10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uncut Gems.

Don't get the hype around it. It wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible. It was good enough to make me sit through the whole thing. I wouldn't watch it again. Thought Sandler was good in his role, I didn't find him annoying.

Probably 3/5.

Pretty much my opinion on it although found Sandler a bit hard to understand at times

Richard Kelly was at a time the quintessential overrated director.

he made Donnie Darko, a complete ******* hideous mess that disappeared up its own backside and was hailed as a genius. When I was at film school they asked everyone their fav films and every bloke bar me and a dude who said top gun said darko.

he went on to make the worst film ever made with tales from the Southland and then the ******* horrible film the box.

but now I wouldn’t say he’s overrated cause I don’t think anyone will touch him with a barge pole anymore. He’s probably teaching filmmaking at some school to some nerds who eat up all his bullshit.
Darko was a fantastic movie. Amazing social commentary set amidst a complex time travel storyline. Absolute fiction with totally relatable characters. There really wasn't much not to like about it.

Darko was a fantastic movie. Amazing social commentary set amidst a complex time travel storyline. Absolute fiction with totally relatable characters. There really wasn't much not to like about it.

we disagree (Which is fine). I found the social commentary was completely on the nose. the storyline being complex is a bad thing. It didn’t serve anyone.

have you seen the box and tales from the Southland?

I liked Signs. Its one of those movies I just watch when I realise its on. Dont care who directs the movies to be honest. If I like a movie I like it. Too much over analysis in here.

Last night watched "A quiet place" for the first time. Enjoyed it. Would be bloody hard to be quiet forever to stay alive.

Now looking forward to the sequel.

Also plan to watch Bird Box this week, what Ive heard its a similar story.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Too much over analysis in here.

Last night watched "A quiet place" for the first time. Enjoyed it. Would be bloody hard to be quiet forever to stay alive.

Now looking forward to the sequel.

Also plan to watch Bird Box this week, what Ive heard its a similar story.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Absolutely agree. Way too much analysis happening here. A thread about the last movie you saw, has 5 pages on whether certain directors are over related or not.

Bird box is avsimilar story done nowhere near as well. Keep your expectations low.

Watched brittany runs a marathon with wifey. Was very average but didn't not enjoy it. 5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back