Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the action plot was ropey, it relied too heavily on coincidences and got a little silly at times (which is funny when there's a scene mocking Rambo and Missing in Action films). But when it was serious, it was very good. I hardly think the characters were stereotypical when the lead character by Delroy Lindo is a complicated Trump supporting black man with PTSD.

And I actually think the narrative choice of not de-ageing the characters was great, you're seeing Norman through the lens of their memory. Bad CGI would have been a worse choice.

I agree that the action plot was ropey, it relied too heavily on coincidences and got a little silly at times (which is funny when there's a scene mocking Rambo and Missing in Action films). But when it was serious, it was very good. I hardly think the characters were stereotypical when the lead character by Delroy Lindo is a complicated Trump supporting black man with PTSD.

And I actually think the narrative choice of not de-ageing the characters was great, you're seeing Norman through the lens of their memory. Bad CGI would have been a worse choice.

I’m not advocating for bad cgi and I’m not sure that younger actors would have been better but the flashbacks just looked odd with 60-70 year old men and then Chadwick.

I’m not advocating for bad cgi and I’m not sure that younger actors would have been better but the flashbacks just looked odd with 60-70 year old men and then Chadwick.
To each their own, but the moment I first saw it, I loved it. The film is the memory of these old men, Norman will always be young in their minds, I thought it was a bold creative choice that worked.

Angel of Mine - pretty decent Aussie movie with a nice twist at the end (although not really a very surprising twist).

Bandersnatch

Loved a lot of the earlier Black Mirror stuff, so gave this a go. Very nice concept and must've been a bitch to produce. I liked it a lot and swung between hating Stefan's dad and feeling like a bit if a bastard myself. Gets you thinking about free will and how much control we have in our lives. GG, you might like the parallel universe themes.

8/10

I'm very late to the party but watched Joker tonight.
What an absolutely depressing movie. No doubt, the performance by Phoenix was very good but s**t it gave you no actual faith whatsoever in humanity.
I came away after watching it not knowing what to think, disgust or admiration for the film.

I'm very late to the party but watched Joker tonight.
What an absolutely depressing movie. No doubt, the performance by Phoenix was very good but sh*t it gave you no actual faith whatsoever in humanity.
I came away after watching it not knowing what to think, disgust or admiration for the film.
Yep - hard watch and not a rewatchable by any stretch. The only thing I took away from it was the lead performance and probably a good insight into mental illness. My 13 year old boy wants to watch it and I have refused given the difficult nature.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrecked. Adrien Brody plays a guy who wakes up in a car wreck with amnesia. My god this was slow. I fell asleep a couple of times and woke up feeling like I hadn't missed a thing.

22 Mile - boy you really flip a coin when watching a Peter Berg movie. Some can be brilliant and some can be utter trash. This one is definitely the latter. Horrible performances (Mark Wahlberg acting as a pain addicted genius was especially hard to stomach), mediocre writing and plot which tried to be smarter than it was. 2/10

22 Mile - boy you really flip a coin when watching a Peter Berg movie. Some can be brilliant and some can be utter trash. This one is definitely the latter. Horrible performances (Mark Wahlberg acting as a pain addicted genius was especially hard to stomach), mediocre writing and plot which tried to be smarter than it was. 2/10
I had my eye on this, thanks for the heads-up.

Eurovision Song Contest...certainly better than I anticipated from the preview. Charming, even. Definitely went on too long, could have cut quite a few scenes. But Rachel MCAdams was gorgeous throughout, and it had enough laughs. 7/10.
Would have been a great film if it was more naive
Seemed to try a little too hard
But better than I hoped

Eurovision.

Too long. As I'm watching paused it as it was getting towards what I thought was the end, to find an hour left. Had a couple of heh moments but nothing that got a real laugh out of me. But I'll watch anything with Rachel McAdams that's not full romance and she was good. Cut out a bit of the will ferrel only stuff and it'd be better (I don't rate him as a lead, just my opinion).

4 Eurovision votes (I don't watch it so not sure that's an appropriate score, but 6/10). Just remembered the song along. Drop to 5 coz that was one of the worst put together mixes of songs I've heard in a movie.

Mine did and watched the trilogy.

Temple of Doom

Absolute classic. Still love it and want to become an archaeologist now.

9/10

im re-watching the jones films now and just watched temple. Raiders is far superior I think. Temple is good but not raiders good. Temple has one of the most incredibly fun opening scenes in cinema. (Actually raiders also is a great opening scene) Except it literally has nothing to do with the rest of the story except to randomly start a chain of events where 2 scenes later the story begins. But anyway it’s great. Had to lol at the club being called Club Obi - Wan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back