Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
im re-watching the jones films now and just watched temple. Raiders is far superior I think. Temple is good but not raiders good. Temple has one of the most incredibly fun opening scenes in cinema. (Actually raiders also is a great opening scene) Except it literally has nothing to do with the rest of the story except to randomly start a chain of events where 2 scenes later the story begins. But anyway it’s great. Had to lol at the club being called Club Obi - Wan.
Wow. Never noticed that in all my viewings of it. I started my kids with Temple because of the fun element. Threw something at my youngest the other day, but missed him. He turns around with a cheeky grin and says "Nice try Lao Che" 😂😂
Will do Raiders, then last crusade. Won't bother with crystal skull.

Temple was always my favorite. The darker themes and settings really nailed it for me, not to mention that bug scene where Willie must put her hand in the hole to release the crushing mechanism.

Dinner table scene will forever be burned into my brain as will the mine cart chase. 👍👍

im re-watching the jones films now and just watched temple. Raiders is far superior I think. Temple is good but not raiders good. Temple has one of the most incredibly fun opening scenes in cinema. (Actually raiders also is a great opening scene) Except it literally has nothing to do with the rest of the story except to randomly start a chain of events where 2 scenes later the story begins. But anyway it’s great. Had to lol at the club being called Club Obi - Wan.
Last Crusade is my favourite, but both that and Raiders are very, very good. Temple Of Doom is quite a few pegs below.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last Crusade is my favourite, but both that and Raiders are very, very good. Temple Of Doom is quite a few pegs below.

I love Temple of Doom.The dinner scene is one of my favourites of all time.

Hang on lady. We're going for a ride.

On Saturday they are showing the original Ghostbusters at our local cinema. Got tix. Should be a bit of fun.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Was good.

Hadnt seen it for years.

Things I noticed more were the start where they talked about re mortgaging houses etc to get ghostbuster business up and running... when younger I wouldve just been sitting there waiting for ghosts bored.

Also Bill Murray while funny in parts comes across to me as a bit slimy and creepy.

Funny how you see things differently as an adult.

Was good.

Hadnt seen it for years.

Things I noticed more were the start where they talked about re mortgaging houses etc to get ghostbuster business up and running... when younger I wouldve just been sitting there waiting for ghosts bored.

Also Bill Murray while funny in parts comes across to me as a bit slimy and creepy.

Murray’s character is a walking version of “me too”

Detainment (2018)

Short movie based on police interview transcripts in the James Bulger murder case.

Hard to watch, brilliant acting by the two boys playing Thompson and Venebals. One wonders how you broach such material with such young actors. And even though they say very little, the portrayal of the parents is chillingly empathetic.

Reenactment scenes are the hardest to watch - there is no gore or violence - just opportunities for a tragedy to have been averted had adults behaved like adults and taken control.

Probably give it a miss if you have a toddler.

4 stars.

Was good.

Hadnt seen it for years.

Yeah, agree on this. A lot of 80s movies in particular have aged really poorly around sexual harassment passed off as guys just goofing around.

The Mothmen Prophecies:

I saw this some time ago (believe it or not after I had a mushroom shake) and thought it was frightening. Watched it last night again with the wife and it didnt obviously stack up as much in terms of fear/paranoia. Was still good, has some really creepy concepts in it, can be a little slow and it doesnt really eventuate into a solid climax (a bit like Signs).

6/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back