Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

edgie

Hall of Famer
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
The Predator

It's a garbage plot, and I mean offensively stupid, but the violence can be very 'phwoar' in that old school bloody way, and there's occasionally some good banter and chemistry among the lead group of characters.

Probably never be another one but, the movie and ending is that bad.

3/10

Quokka

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just Mercy (2019) Very good, it hits all the notes you'd expect with this type of movie but its a solid cast led by Michael B Jordan and Jamie Foxx and absolutely horrendous how close to the truth it appears to have been.

phantom13

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
The trial of the Chicago 7 - really good, amazingly from a read of the true story it didn’t take too many liberties. Great cast, well written and smartly made. Incredibly poignant for the current times. 8.5/10

just_kick_it

working hardery for longery
May 25, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Last Action Hero-Have seen this movie talked about a few times on a 90's FB group i am a member of and decided to give it a go the other night. I did enjoy it got a few laughs, not as many as Kindergarten Cop but was enjoyable nonetheless.
7/10

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
Hubie Halloween

Got to admit this was a lot better than I expected, however I did have rally low expectations. A couple of nice cameos by Shaq and Ben Stiller (playing his character from Happy Gilmore).

6/10

adelaidecrows

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 6, 2010
Wasleys
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hubie Halloween

Got to admit this was a lot better than I expected, however I did have rally low expectations. A couple of nice cameos by Shaq and Ben Stiller (playing his character from Happy Gilmore).

6/10
I felt it was a fun movie. Like the old school gene wilder comedies of the early 70s. Overall it achieved its goal.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

MatthewB

Have a twinkie, snapperhead
Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
Last Action Hero-Have seen this movie talked about a few times on a 90's FB group i am a member of and decided to give it a go the other night. I did enjoy it got a few laughs, not as many as Kindergarten Cop but was enjoyable nonetheless.
7/10

i love last action hero, great comedy/action movie that should have done better at the box office, people took it too seriously and not for the action spoof movie it was

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quokka

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
ben affleck's basketball coach movie - I enjoyed it

Saw Kevin Costner in the love of the game earlier on this evening. Good timing for the World series which kicks off tomorrow.

Yep The Way Back is the Affleck one and it's ok. Similar in some ways to Just Mercy I maybe felt too often that I had seen these scenes before, and The Way Back cops it twice as hard for the Coach Carter and dealing with addiction/loss comparisons but even then it's a decent story, well acted and I didn't waste 108 minutes watching it.

... or at least no more than I would have otherwise :thumbsu:.

Financialpanther

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2006
Hobbit
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Watched a couple of movies in the last couple of days:

Birds of Prey - Margot Robbie does a good job and others ham it up to make it look like a bit of fun. Pretty empty watch though and not very memorable. 5/10

Invisible Man - Enjoyable, unnerving and quite a moody watch. Lead did a very good job and could watch again - 7/10

Trial of the Chicago 7 - Always a fan of Sorkin's scripts (of course, conscious of his left leanings) and this was a fine film with pretty strong performances from the leads. In a very light film release year because of COVID, this may sneak into awards consideration. 8.5/10

JackOutback

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I saw The Trial of the Chicago 7 as well, very slickly directed, cracking dialogue, likely an idealised version of events but still very entertaining and shocking when it wanted to be. The use of some real footage was very well done. Solid 8/10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Top Bottom