Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kong vs Godzilla

Pretty ordinary really, made some sense if you watched the previous two Godzilla movies but a pretty big let down. I enjoyed Skull Island but the Godzilla movies have been pretty meh

It's all by design. DC just never gave as many fu**s about a universe concept. It always had a half assed stink stink about it of just trying to do what Marvel was doing. At the same time it was going on they had multiple TV shows going that were all different.

No Marvel deviated from their concept except the Fox X-Men.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
Disagree, DC were all in on the universe, they just ****ed up the delivery by trying to rush and catch up.

Love and Monsters (2020)

Low budget PG family/teen movie about the apocalypse and giant monsters, filmed in Australia. Against all those odds this movie really does not suck.

Its a simple, fun storyline that most megabudget movies could only wish for.

Out on Netflix in a couple of weeks.

The DCEU started in 2013.

The Arrow TV series started in 2012.

If they were going all in on a universe, that wouldn't have happened.

The DCEU was first priority as it probably should have been and it was a good decision to keep TV and movies seperate but there were more than a few times that Arrow lost out because of DCEU decisions. I personally think DC swung for the MCU and missed badly.

The DCEU started in 2013.

The Arrow TV series started in 2012.

If they were going all in on a universe, that wouldn't have happened.

The TV universe was always going to be separate, a chance to explore smaller characters, like Agents of Shield and Marvel. Man of Steel was released in 2013, they wanted their ‘Avengers’ but instead of doing more solo movies, they skipped straight to their big announcement of Batman v Superman. They wanted Justice League to be a big deal and really launch the DCEU but they dropped the ball.

Alien 1979 (Disney)

Has been a long time since I've watched this. At least 30 years

Apart from 1 or 2 small things it holds up very well

A claustrophobic setting helps build suspense and good acting by all helps it

Now for Aliens

SkyFire (2019)

This Chinese made movie is an OK film to watch. Even if the characters are only one-dimensional and the plot very thin. The special effects of the erupting Volcano were OK without being great. This is B-grade movie-making to the core. If you can endure the horrible father-daughter relationship sub-plot and the morose tone of the film then you'll enjoy this film for what it is, a bit of harmless entertainment 4/10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alien 1979 (Disney)

Has been a long time since I've watched this. At least 30 years

Apart from 1 or 2 small things it holds up very well

A claustrophobic setting helps build suspense and good acting by all helps it

Now for Aliens
Aliens 1986 (Disney)

James Cameron directed this

Ripley is sent back to the aliens planet as a consultant for a group of marines who are looking to find why a colony has gone quiet

Apart from Bill Paxtons overacting everyone mostly did a good job with what they had

As an aside historians will look back at this and pinpoint it exactly to the 1980s just based on Paul Reisers clothes and hairstyle

Searching. Movie set completely on a computer screen about a guy whose daughter goes missing. Very good.

Saw II

Almost as good as the first. 6.5/10

That ******* needle pit scene. :eekv1:

*also the dude who was running around getting all the numbers. Wouldnt it have been useless anyway cause the guy who was burned alive in the incinerator thing, his number would have been destroyed???

She Dies Tomorrow (2020)

A contagious 'phenomenon' occurs where people begin to believe they are about to die. Really atmospheric micro-bidget indie with really good use of colour, light and focus to distort the viewer. Not for everyone but I recommend having a go at least.

Aliens 1986 (Disney)

James Cameron directed this

Ripley is sent back to the aliens planet as a consultant for a group of marines who are looking to find why a colony has gone quiet

Apart from Bill Paxtons overacting everyone mostly did a good job with what they had

As an aside historians will look back at this and pinpoint it exactly to the 1980s just based on Paul Reisers clothes and hairstyle
Watched the first 2 aliens recently after getting disney plus. Both great movies and held up well as you say. Won't bother with the 3rd after looking into it a little.

Has there been a better trilogy of directors than the original 3 alien films? Ridley Scott, James Cameron, David fincher (although before he had a reputation that allowed him the ability to prevent a s**t movie being forced upon him) would have to be up there. I can't think of any trilogies that would compete. Most have the same guy doing at least 2 of the 3.

Last edited:
Saw Godzilla vs Kong today. It was... Exactly what I would expect and hope for from a movie called Godzilla vs Kong. It is a dumb movie in which a lot of dumb things happen. If you're going to watch it, do so in the cinema because I suspect it will offer you very little on a smaller screen.

To its credit, though, at least it didn't resolve the fight by having Godzilla and Kong realise that both of their mothers were named Martha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back