Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno mate, as discussed previously I think, I like movies that treat me as the adult I am. Doesn't mean I expect super serious all the time, or always full of blood gore swearing and t***ies, but at the minimum, if the characters are constantly invincible, it feels like watching a show like power rangers or that.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
Coincidentally, didn’t mind the new power Rangers movie.

Nah I get it, I suppose, I know what I’m gonna get with fast movies. Tune out, laugh about the ridiculous over the top nature of them and be entertained but it’s all subjective.

I only ever show up here when I'm away from home cos my phone suggests the thread.

Most recent movie I watched in full was Russian film "Furious" aka "legend of kolovrat" which is a boatload of fun for anyone who likes period war pieces with a lot of embellishment on a on story for fun battle scenes with a touch of the mystical.

Really recommend it. It was my 2nd time watching.

I got old aussie film "Cosy Cool", recommended to me recently, I saw a tiny scene preview and can't wait to watch it in full. Looks like a hoot.

And I downloaded "PVT Chat" recently but haven't watched it yet. Definitely looks interesting.

I only ever show up here when I'm away from home cos my phone suggests the thread.

Most recent movie I watched in full was Russian film "Furious" aka "legend of kolovrat" which is a boatload of fun for anyone who likes period war pieces with a lot of embellishment on a on story for fun battle scenes with a touch of the mystical.

Really recommend it. It was my 2nd time watching.

I got old aussie film "Cosy Cool", recommended to me recently, I saw a tiny scene preview and can't wait to watch it in full. Looks like a hoot.

And I downloaded "PVT Chat" recently but haven't watched it yet. Definitely looks interesting.
I watched PVT Chat. It was almost full on pr0n. i was surprised because Julia Fox is a mainstream actress

I watched PVT Chat. It was almost full on pr0n. i was surprised because Julia Fox is a mainstream actress
I actually wasn't expecting it to be bordering on pr0n, but I was braced for some extremely intense suggestivity. I guess I'll just have to watch it and see.

Terminator Salvation (2009)

First 2 acts are pretty meh, but act 3 is ******* wicked haha

Kinda rivals Terminator 2's last act

This film had no business being 2 and a half hours. A lot of superfluous s**t. But a more focused version could have been really good

Loved all the call backs to T2 as well

Stowaway

Netflix sci fi drama with Toni Collette, Daniel Day Kim and Anna Kendrick.

Real real average, just nothing to invest in character wise. So you do not care in the slightest about the stakes.

4/10 at best.

I didn't even finish it. Unlike Toni Colette to appear in such rubbish.

There is a lot of very valid criticism of the MCU, DCEU, F&F etc. in F&F being “boring” is just a really odd one for mine. To each their own.
Why? Plastic cardboard characters especially Fast & Furious …boring as all bat s**t. Marvel you get all these characters dying/disappearing and then they’re back …cop out

Why? Plastic cardboard characters especially Fast & Furious …boring as all bat sh*t. Marvel you get all these characters dying/disappearing and then they’re back …cop out
I suppose that’s why they are some of the most highly watched and grossing films of all time. Cause they’ve release 9 and 21 films that are boring?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suppose that’s why they are some of the most highly watched and grossing films of all time. Cause they’ve release 9 and 21 films that are boring?
Big deal. Suicide Squad grossed $700m, the Smurfs $500m, Alice in Wonderland $1bill!!

And none of them really made franchises did they (suicide squad is trying to be fair).

I think the studios and the general movie going public think billions of dollars is a big deal.
Doesn’t make it a good movie, it’s popular. Sugar and junk food are popular

Doesn’t make it a good movie, it’s popular. Sugar and junk food are popular
I didn’t say they were good. I said they were entertaining. More specifically (and given you grabbed a post from 3 days ago even my memory is sketchy) I said they weren’t “boring”.

I think given the volume of people who keep going back it’s pretty hard to argue against that.

I didn’t say they were good. I said they were entertaining. More specifically (and given you grabbed a post from 3 days ago even my memory is sketchy) I said they weren’t “boring”.

I think given the volume of people who keep going back it’s pretty hard to argue against that.
I’m not saying your opinion is wrong, I’m simply stating my opinion. I and millions of others find McDonalds boring and horrible, many millions don’t. What’s the saying ..one man’s garbage is another man’s treasure

I’m not saying your opinion is wrong, I’m simply stating my opinion. I and millions of others find McDonalds boring and horrible, many millions don’t. What’s the saying ..one man’s garbage is another man’s treasure
You absolutely are trying to say my opinion is wrong and you even felt the need to pull a post from three days ago to do it.

It’s cool, as you say we’re all entitled to our opinions but don’t pretend your not arguing that I’m wrong.

You absolutely are trying to say my opinion is wrong and you even felt the need to pull a post from three days ago to do it.

It’s cool, as you say we’re all entitled to our opinions but don’t pretend your not arguing that I’m wrong.
No, you were questioning how people could find it boring. I was simply saying why not? And who gives a s**t if it 3 days ago, not everyone can keep up with posts daily

The Long Goodbye (1973)

Read the book years ago but had put off watching the film because I never really saw Elliot Gould as Philip Marlowe. Ended up really enjoying it. Gould is no Bogart, but he doesn't try to be - the film was a pretty refreshing take on the noir or hardboiled genre. Altman really is an awesome director.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back