Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Hard Day (2014)

Written and directed by Seong-hoon Kim. A corrupt South Korean cop accidentally kills a guy with his car. The situation progressively escalates as he goes to increasing lengths to cover it up then deal with someone who is blackmailing him. It's always interesting and there's elements of dark humour.

6/10

Watched Airplane! (1980) based off a comment on this thread. They were right, they don't make movies like this anymore. A bizarre comedy that hit more times than missed and still holds up. A breath of fresh air. 7.5/10.

Watched Airplane! (1980) based off a comment on this thread. They were right, they don't make movies like this anymore. A bizarre comedy that hit more times than missed and still holds up. A breath of fresh air. 7.5/10.

Rumack: Can you fly this plane, and land it?

Ted Striker: Surely you can't be serious.

Rumack: I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

At least 9/10 for me :p

Wedding Crashers because I like Rachel McAdams. She doesn't do much in it really. Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn are pretty good in it.
7/10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the weekend I watched a couple of movies on Netflix that I haven't seen for years. Mystic River and Sleepers. Both as great as I remember them.

Nah I loved it. Felt like I was back in the middle ages

It's definitely beautiful, but I feel like it's too popular for its size. Like what should be a little known but delightful European town (akin to, say, Arles in France or Aachen in Germany) is just packed with tourists, and it's too much.

Definitely beautiful though! And Belgian beer is always a delight.

It's definitely beautiful, but I feel like it's too popular for its size. Like what should be a little known but delightful European town (akin to, say, Arles in France or Aachen in Germany) is just packed with tourists, and it's too much.

Yeah I know what you mean. That’s probably the issue with a lot of those places now. Social media has opened up the knowledge of those places and people also wanting to just go there for pics for their SM has probably seen the amount of tourism there rise.

I was lucky to go to Bruges a couple of times before it became touristy. Even if it later got busy I'm not sure how it could be described it as a 'shithole'. Then, as you say, there are so many other amazing places in Europe that are not overrun.

Just as an aside to this already off topic discussion - people in Britain used to say 'packed' when a place was busy. Now they say 'rammed'.

WITHOUT REMORSE - solid non-thinking action/spy flick that looks to set up the John Clark Clancy character going forward. I'd say 7/10 - there are a couple of moments when it completely jumps the shark

When he basically single handedly fights off the entire Russian police force/army when they are trapped in the building in Murmansk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back