Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok ill prepare for hate.

Die hard is not a Christmas movie (nor is Lethal Weapon). Occurring AT Christmas isnt sufficient on its own, its has to have a plot that requires Christmas.

Elf, Home Alone, Arthur Christmas, The Santa Claus.... all christmas movies.

And Arthur Christmas is the greatest christmas movie of all time by the length of the Flemington straight.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Die Hard doesn’t happen without the Nakatomi Plaza xmas party, it’s integral to the plot.

Watched Phone Booth the other night (Farrell, Radha Mitchell, Katie Holmes, Forrest Whittaker).

Absolute cracker of a film, so tightly wound and tightly paced that even as the viewer you start getting clammy and short of breath. Farrell is magnificent as slick shiester Stu and the bit parters do their thing. Kiefer Sutherland as the menacing man on the phone is stellar as well. I think the real hero of this one is director Joel Schumacher though. It’s easy to forget his wins because his losses were so awfully bad (Batman forever and Batman and Robin) but the man knows his stuff.

8.5/10

Ok ill prepare for hate.

Die hard is not a Christmas movie (nor is Lethal Weapon). Occurring AT Christmas isnt sufficient on its own, its has to have a plot that requires Christmas.

Elf, Home Alone, Arthur Christmas, The Santa Claus.... all christmas movies.

And Arthur Christmas is the greatest christmas movie of all time by the length of the Flemington straight.

D27315BE-8401-4FF2-A3CB-37812A5B958B.jpeg

4EB1B490-EFD7-43CD-BC6B-B957C88FCF66.jpeg

Santa’s hat, Santa’s line, pretty much all of Christmas right there in just one scene.

About a Boy - quite a few chuckles here and there. Overall a wholesome movie that I'll happily add to my Christmas movies list and watch again.

Love About A Boy- "are you sure thats a good idea... i mean ill drop her on her head at the christening! Ill be an awful godfather... until she turns 18 and take her out, get her drunk and most likely try to shag her"

Love About A Boy- "are you sure thats a good idea... i mean ill drop her on her head at the christening! Ill be an awful godfather... until she turns 18 and take her out, get her drunk and most likely try to shag her"

Great movie. The part when he goes to the group for single mothers and makes up the bs story about a 2 year old thats too advanced for his age is a pisser. Also when the boy sets up a date with his mum and he has his inner monologue about her Yeti costume also cracks me up.

Many other parts but can think of them all right now.

I just love the fact Badly Drawn Boy did the sound track

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great movie. The part when he goes to the group for single mothers and makes up the bs story about a 2 year old thats too advanced for his age is a pisser. Also when the boy sets up a date with his mum and he has his inner monologue about her Yeti costume also cracks me up.

Many other parts but can think of them all right now.

Could be one for my movie thread :)

Yeah its great, I love Hugh's sarcasm in it.

"Kids are so resilient arent they.. Ned just came up, threw his arms around me and said "Dad- you hang in there" "What really?!? Thats quite impressive for a 2 year old"

"I have something to tell you.... something exciting?... i think it is.. i have a three year old son... I wanted to run screaming out of the restaurant"

Love the way he ignores Hugh's high five in the Skechers store too :D

It could be any party. And there didnt even need to be a party.

He’s flying out to see his wife for the Christmas holiday break.

I have no idea why I’m justifying this for you, it is an xmas movie, it is the best xmas movie, you’re wrong.

He’s flying out to see his wife for the Christmas holiday break.

I have no idea why I’m justifying this for you, it is an xmas movie, it is the best xmas movie, you’re wrong.
It used to be fun debating it with people, but I lost interest a few years ago. Some people are often just wrong and unable to be convinced otherwise. Stop wasting your time and throw on some Christmas music.

The Meg.
Exactly what you would expect. Basically Mega Shark vs Jason Statham.
5/10

The Predator
Bit of a franchise killer this one
3/10

Antman and the Wasp
Ok. Not great as far as Marvel movies go
6/10

Watched a new Christmas film with Kurt Russel as Santa Claus with my niece. It was predictable and somewhat cheesy, but it wouldn't really be a Christmas movie without being those things. I didn't mind it in the end. Mostly because it just made me think about who I'd love to see play Santa. My top 3 would be (for very different reasons):

1. Daniel Day Lewis
2. John Malkovich
3. Bill Murray

Yellowbeard

Got panned by the critics but it is a who's who of great comedians from that era, Chapman, Cleese. Idle, Feldman, Cook, Cheech and Chong.

They even roped David Bowie into it to play the shark.

Last edited:
The Predator 8/10
Plot was a convoluted pile of s**t. Still have no idea why the white and black guys hated each other. The lobotomised dog, classic. Dude from Moonlight killed it as a bad ass. Would marry the lead actress. Laugh out loud funny. So ******* dumb. No idea how they keep ******* up Predator films.

Last edited:
First Man - 8/10

I read alot of people though it was boring but I was very engaged pretty much the whole time. I though the intro was great and really made you feel the danger if just travelling at those speeds. The choice to show the action mainly from the pilot or astronauts perspective worked well for the most part but there was a couple of moments where it was hard to visually follow what was happening, especially when they were using fairly technical language to describe but that was only for some brief moments. Overall I thought it told the story of what went into the moon landing quite well for a movie anyway.

No Country for Old Men - 9.5/10

Haven't seen this since it originally came out 10 years ago but I don't think there will be that big a gap again. I certainly didn't appreciate this classic enough the first time I watched it. The screenplay has to be one of the best there is, the way things are revealed is fantastic and the dialogue is so layered where lines like when Chigurh tell the garage attendant not to put the coin he flipped for his life with the others because then it becomes just another coin but also says "which it is" gives an great insight into this philosophy on life which is further expanded on throughout the film. The scenery, the acting, the cinematography is all top notch. Special mention to the monologues that Tommy Lee Jones gives to bookend the film also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back