Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2013
Deep Inside
AFL Club
Geelong
Detective Pikachu

I figured that this was popular for a reason and decided in a moment of open minded weakness to give this movie a shot. I lasted about 10 minutes which means it would probably be unfair for me to rate it. Not being into pokemons and being an adult there was nothing about this that appealed to me which I quickly realized and watched Netflix instead.

If you like Pokemon, have kids or are under the age of 14 you might get value out of this but I would strongly recommend staying away otherwise.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
We should start a "Last crap movie you saw the internet would've told you is crap" thread.

"I saw The Meg and it wasn't any good :think:"

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
American Assassin - Netflix

Taken from the Vince Flynn novels about Mitch Rapp

Best I can say is at least Tom Cruise didnt option this

Follows the basics of the novels but no real depth to the characters ( I can see this becoming a small franchise type and backstories will get filled out ) but ultimately an action/revenge movie that doesnt hit any great lows or highs

7/10

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
I don't always agree with the internet on movies thinks is s**t anyway.

I do more often concur with it when they are average however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Toy Story 4.
Average. Certainly the weakest of the 4. Was OK but didn't have the laughs of the previous 3. There also wasn't much use of the supporting toys, which is probably why there weren't as many laughs.

PC nazis all over the production too; Indian looking dad with a chunky white female partner.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Toy Story 4.
Average. Certainly the weakest of the 4. Was OK but didn't have the laughs of the previous 3. There also wasn't much use of the supporting toys, which is probably why there weren't as many laughs.

PC nazis all over the production too; Indian looking dad with a chunky white female partner.

The original toys literally had no input, they were just background features. Woody and buzz also didn’t spent much time together. For me Toy Story ended with 3, this new one was good but you really have to isolate it from the other 3 movies to really appreciate it, and agree it’s the worst of them all.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Stan & Ollie.
Based on the later years of Laurel and Hardy. I'd seen most of their stuff as a kid (like The Three Stooges, Marx Brothers, etc) so I was keen to see this. Wasn't bad, bit slow and flat in parts. Reilly and Coogan did a pretty job playing the lead actors, and bringing emotion to the roles.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Green Book. Very enjoyable road trip movie. It is certainly a Hollywood style telling of the story but it seems to ring true for the most part. Much of the criticism that has been levelled at the movie has been disproven by people that knew both men and it seems to be more accurate than it was initially given credit for. Either way, it is a well made film, terrific performances from the 2 main leads. Great music scenes. 8.5/10
Awesome movie. Ali did a great job tinkling the ivories.
For any Sorpranos fans, old man Carmine Luppertazi, was Tony Lip in real life!

Kill the Messenger - like most things (apart from comedies) Jeremy Renner did a good job as the lead, a journo who uncovered that dark allegiance where the CIA allowed the import of cocaine to fund the Contras in Nicaragua. Movie was ok noting i am not sure there was much they could do with the material to make it much better. 6/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back