Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Eastern Boys (French)

How have I not seen this before?

8/10

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Hotel Mumbai - quite a solid and tense film around the real events that hit the Taj Hotel in 2008 with a terrorist attack. Serviceable leads and had a real feeling of terror and hopelessness throughout. 7.5/10

Uri : The Surgical Strike is another Indian action movie based on true events. It's about Indian special forces carrying out a counter terrorism operation in Pakistan occupied Kashmir. The tagline could have been "India. * yeah" as it's bit of a propaganda piece. But it's well shot and directed, and I found it quite watchable.

6/10

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Watched the 3 Thor films over the last 3 nights. First two were ok, but Ragnarok was complete garbage. First 1h45m was filled with junk comedy full of filler story that did the film no favours save for 15-20 minutes of it in certain parts.

DustinsGuns

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Midsommar (2019)

I really like Aster’s debut in Hereditary but this one felt bloated and over indulgent. Could have comfortably cutout 20-30 minutes out of the film. Really well shot and nice soundtrack. Performances just okay.

2.5/5.

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
The Sting (1973) - A classic I hadn't gotten around to watching until last night, it's easily understandable why so many people loved this film. The basic gist is that Hooker (Robert Redford) wants to pull a big con as revenge for a mafia boss killing his mentor, so enlists the help of a master conman (Paul Newman) to get it done. It's a predecessor to movies like Ocean's Eleven (and Brad Pitt is almost identical to this era Redford!) and maybe suffers a little bit because the story is a bit too easy to follow and predict, even though there are a bunch of narratives layered on top of one another. But it still stands up as an incredibly enjoyable watch and definitely one I'd recommend friends to watch. 7/10

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Piercing

WTF did I just watch? Apart from one of the worst movies I've seen in my life.

Avengers: Endgame -- It was enjoyable in parts but went on way too long. The middle where they break up into teams on their quests just dragged on. I liked fat/drunk Thor. Didn't like the weird hybrid Hulk. The cast was way too big and consequently the film felt like a montage. It also had way too many "endings" and goodbyes....jeez enough already. It was entertaining at times so I'll be generous and give it a 7/10.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Avengers: Endgame -- It was enjoyable in parts but went on way too long. The middle where they break up into teams on their quests just dragged on. I liked fat/drunk Thor. Didn't like the weird hybrid Hulk. The cast was way too big and consequently the film felt like a montage. It also had way too many "endings" and goodbyes....jeez enough already. It was entertaining at times so I'll be generous and give it a 7/10.

You may have missed the dedicated thread on this movie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
The Sting (1973) - A classic I hadn't gotten around to watching until last night, it's easily understandable why so many people loved this film. The basic gist is that Hooker (Robert Redford) wants to pull a big con as revenge for a mafia boss killing his mentor, so enlists the help of a master conman (Paul Newman) to get it done. It's a predecessor to movies like Ocean's Eleven (and Brad Pitt is almost identical to this era Redford!) and maybe suffers a little bit because the story is a bit too easy to follow and predict, even though there are a bunch of narratives layered on top of one another. But it still stands up as an incredibly enjoyable watch and definitely one I'd recommend friends to watch. 7/10

I would be giving this a 10/10.

Big call to say it's easy to predict. I would say the twist at the end (The Sting) is one of the greatest in movie history.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Takers - The cast is even bigger and better than I remembered. I love T.I - slick as *!

We brought a Zoo - Great movie. Good for the spirit.

Two contrasting movies but I like them.

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche

One of the strangest yet transfixing films I’ve seen. There are some absolute massive wtf moments that you don’t know whether to laugh or turn your head. 4/5

Saw Danger Close: The Battle for Long Tan. Thoroughly enjoyed it. The action scenes and the slow motion cinematography was brilliant. Pretty intense at times. Give it a 7/10.

Sonny Bonds

Cancelled
Jul 21, 2019
Lytton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Bleed For This (Netflix): Decent boxing movie that tells the true story of Vinnie Paz who came back from serious injury to reclaim several titles. The movie isn't an award winning blockbuster but I'm really enjoying the rise of Miles Teller. Enjoyed him in Whiplash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back