Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What ? Saying the ending is sad??

That is written everywhere on the film. It is not a spoiler unless you mention what happened to certain people IMO.

Saying a movie has a sad ending is not a spoiler.
It can be though. You already are giving the viewer the anticipation that something sad will happen.

Ive never seen Star is Born. Well aware since it came out its ending is sad.
Exactly.

It has been re-done 3 times now since the original 1937 film came out , in 1954 / 1976 and 2018 and they all roughly follow the same script.

Saying it is sad is hardly a spoiler and many reviews on IMDB start with " tears " or " There was not a dry eye anywhere " etc etc.

Happy to have it spoiler tagged if the Mods see fit but to me it does not seem like a spoiler without actually going into what exactly happens.

It’s a remake of a remake of a remake. I don’t think it’s a spoiler.

Of a remake of a remake!

Seriously what a fantastic film though and after watching it last night for the first time i still found myself today at work thinking about it. :(

Exactly.

It has been re-done 3 times now since the original 1937 film came out , in 1954 / 1976 and 2018 and they all roughly follow the same script.

Saying it is sad is hardly a spoiler and many reviews on IMDB start with " tears " or " There was not a dry eye anywhere " etc etc.

Happy to have it spoiler tagged if the Mods see fit but to me it does not seem like a spoiler without actually going into what exactly happens.

How about discussing it in the dedicated thread for the movie? So those who haven't seen it could avoid that thread. The spoilers in the 'what's the last movie you saw' are too unpredictable that you have to avoid the whole of this thread if there's a recent movie you haven't seen it yet.

How about discussing it in the dedicated thread for the movie? So those who haven't seen it could avoid that thread. The spoilers in the 'what's the last movie you saw' are too unpredictable that you have to avoid the whole of this thread if there's a recent movie you haven't seen it yet.

People should do this more. A quick search to see if there's a thread.

I have seen the most recent 2 and despite Kris Kristofferson being a personal hero, the most recent film is way better than the Babs KK version.

I have seen the most recent 2 and despite Kris Kristofferson being a personal hero, the most recent film is way better than the Babs KK version.
The end of the Babs one is more comical than sad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Usual Suspects - Netflix

Not having seen this in over 20 years , but knowing the outcome , it was interesting to see it again from that perspective

The greatest trick the director ever pulled off was giving all the clues at the start and nobody thinking they existed

Not having seen this in over 20 years , but knowing the outcome , it was interesting to see it again from that perspective

The greatest trick the director ever pulled off was giving all the clues at the start and nobody thinking they existed

I reckon there is every chance that this would make my top 10 favourite movies of all time and similar to what you've said there is a whole different enjoyment watching it after the first time. The first time you're watching a heist movie, after that you're watching a master conman at his craft.

Brilliant film.

Also, whenever someone dies, it cuts to Spacey right before they do, indicating he is their killer.

War of the Worlds: Goliath (2012), an animated movie and it's pretty bad, quality wise it's like an early 90s Saturday morning cartoon and not one of the good ones, one of the cheap rip-off ones. It's an Independence Day style sequel (humanity studies the technology from the first invasion to prepare for the next one) and it's a shame that everything wasn't done a little better because somewhere in there is an ok idea.

What is fun though is that on the one hand you've got Teddy Roosevelt riding into battle standing on top of a giant mechwarrior that's firing tank shells from it's canon head while Mr Roosevelt fires his alien gattling gun from the hip... and yet on the other hand it's actually (in parts) one of the more authentic adaptions of H.G. Wells' story.

It's a story I've always loved and so I'm interested to see what the new BBC miniseries will do with it, apparently it's based in the original time period but the makers have said they've put their own twist on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back