Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you manage to see these films Toump Ass? A lot of them sound like movies i would enjoy buy not on netflix etc as a lot of them seem pretty obscure
Try the justwatch app.

It's really handy for finding where you can get most tv and movies online (if they are available)
Hey mate, if you (or anyone else) is still keen on checking this out, it's streaming on SBS on Demand for some Ozploitation thing going on at the the moment :)
Added to my watch list.

Now if only I could find a copy of Houseboat Horror

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Toump Ass

I inherited a big shopping bag of s**t with no idea where it came from, the fella told me I have to take it as service for him fixing my telly. He works at a club so I assumed maybe it is all the awful movies from those claw machine things.

You should watch them for me.

I watched one. It was a masterpiece.

250px-Bloodfist_2050.jpg

There's unnecessary ****, explosions, and a character called 'slick'.

Last edited:

jackn

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2006
aus
AFL Club
Carlton
Blinded by the light

Really wanted to actually pay to see this as its the sort of film I'd like to support. Not being released until October 24th though, a month and a half after its DVD release elsewhere...

I really enjoyed it. An above average movie full of songs from the boss = a very enjoyable watch. Similar to yesterday, but I thought the story of this was better. Would recommend for anyone but especially Springsteen fans.

I may still go see it when it comes out just for the cinema sound and atmosphere.

Feb 6, 2013
ACT
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Blinded by the light

Really wanted to actually pay to see this as its the sort of film I'd like to support. Not being released until October 24th though, a month and a half after its DVD release elsewhere...

I really enjoyed it. An above average movie full of songs from the boss = a very enjoyable watch. Similar to yesterday, but I thought the story of this was better. Would recommend for anyone but especially Springsteen fans.

I may still go see it when it comes out just for the cinema sound and atmosphere.

Amazing, really loved it.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Toump Ass

I inherited a big shopping bag of s**t with no idea where it came from, the fella told me I have to take it as service for him fixing my telly. He works at a club so I assumed maybe it is all the awful movies from those claw machine things.

You should watch them for me.

I watched one. It was a masterpiece.

250px-Bloodfist_2050.jpg

There's unnecessary ****, explosions, and a character called 'slick'.
Whoohooo, how could any film named "BLOOD FIST 2050" not be amazing?!!? Cheers man, will check this one... right after I'm finished watching Beverly Lynne's other films, like "Bikini Royale 2" :hearteyes: :hearteyes: :hearteyes:

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Whoohooo, how could any film named "BLOOD FIST 2050" not be amazing?!!? Cheers man, will check this one... right after I'm finished watching Beverly Lynne's other films, like "Bikini Royale 2" :hearteyes: :hearteyes: :hearteyes:

I love that the Tagline is three lines long and basically the plot.

Tag me when you get around to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Fast Furious: Hobbs Shaw 8/10

Surprisingly really enjoyed it. Not really a fan of Johnson movies but him and Statham bring their A-game charisma and Vanessa Kirkby is great too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ad Astra 9/10

Big fan of James Gray. His collaboration with Max Richter and cinematographer Van Hoytema (Interstellar) makes it even more special. People are raving about Brad Pitt's OUATIH acting, but this is even better. This one absolutely knocks it out of the park.

People just need to be aware this is a very character focused film, so don't expect a suspenseful action sci-fi.

Seems like people either loved it or hated it. My husband gave it 1/10 lol. The TENSION had me on the edge of my seat.

Hahahaah 1. I lean towards the side of disliking it (for now) but wouldnt give it a 1 no way.

Rocketman

It was a musical fantasy, will probably be a theatre production at some point. Very OTT. There were parts I really didn’t like but it also had its moments. The lead, Eggerton did an excellent job playing Elton’s John, his performance gets it to a 6/10 for me.

At my hotel the other day, I paid $16 for pay per view for a second viewing of RM (trust me there was s**t ALL on re. the other movies on offer. Just terrible s**t)- i watched the first half hour, dozed off for the middle hour, then was awake for the last half hour. Yup money well spent there :D

Movie I actually stayed awake for- IT Chapter One, getting myself ready for Chapter 2 in a couple days.

Third time ive seen it, and bloody loved it. Bloody being the operative word.

I know part two has gotten luke warm reviews around here, but im really looking forward to it, and imho i know I'll like it.

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
Hahahaah 1. I lean towards the side of disliking it (for now) but wouldnt give it a 1 no way.

At my hotel the other day, I paid $16 for pay per view for a second viewing of RM (trust me there was s**t ALL on re. the other movies on offer. Just terrible s**t)- i watched the first half hour, dozed off for the middle hour, then was awake for the last half hour. Yup money well spent there :D
He fell asleep for about 15 minutes during.

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Had a lazy sunday on the couch yesterday and managed to watch a couple of movies

Aquaman - 4.5/10, the movie was at it's best when big dumb things were going on, the movie was at it's worst when it was trying to be serious and was explaining the story, the cgi was distractingly bad but it's supposed to be underwater so probably would have been a nightmare whichever way you went about it, more of a kids movie really, probably disliked it more than I liked it and would never want to watch this film again, once was more than enough.

Howard the duck - 6.5/10 another superhero movie, I think the original marvel movie.
Widely regarded as one of the worst movies of all time and I can kind of see why, the movie is straight up ridiculous but the big key as to why I actually kind of enjoyed it is because of that exact reason, it was actually a lot of fun watching this, the acting is terrible, tim robbins puts in one of the worst performances I have seen in a while as the scientist and jefferey jones as the bad guy is probably just as bad, lea thomspon is good in this though, there's just so many wtf moments in this film that it's kinda great, can see why this pretty much sent george lucas broke though, don't know what they were thinking with this one when they made it (probably too much nose candy) but happy it exists for sure.

Had a lazy sunday on the couch yesterday and managed to watch a couple of movies

Aquaman - 4.5/10, the movie was at it's best when big dumb things were going on, the movie was at it's worst when it was trying to be serious and was explaining the story, the cgi was distractingly bad but it's supposed to be underwater so probably would have been a nightmare whichever way you went about it, more of a kids movie really, probably disliked it more than I liked it and would never want to watch this film again, once was more than enough.

The sharks roaring underwater was a real highlight - reminded me of Jaws the Revenge.

Spiritof82

Premiership Player
Jan 8, 2004
S**tny, the cesspit of OZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Ad Astra - watched it on the weekend, probably give it a 6/10, great effort by Pitt to hold up the movie but it comes across as a slow space remake of Apocalypse Now. Was good to see two thirds of the living Space Cowboys cast back together and was waiting for Clint Eastwood to make an appearance but it never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back