Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IT chapter 2. Definitely weaker than the first one but certainly didn’t drop off a cliff like the mini series in the 90’s. The writing wasn’t particularly strong but most of the leads did an ok job. Felt the “Mike” character was horribly miscast whilst the others were reasonably on. Watchable but not a wow flick. 5.5/10
Yeah wasn't really scary. But was ok.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

A few oldies over the weekend.

Lost in Translation: Good performances but a bit minimal on the storyline front for me. Half of it is just panning shots of Tokyo 6/10

In Bruges: Second time, my god. Gotta be one of the most watchable movies out there for me. CBF rating it, it's just bloody good.

Dr Strangelove: Close to perfection. 9/10

Midsommar - Ari Aster (Heriditary with Toni Collette). Not really sure how to describe this or how I felt after watching.
It's definitely a love or hate movie. I thought it was one of the best I have seen for the year. Not really Horror but definitely disturbing in many ways. The sex scene was a little too much.

Toy Story 4

It'd be unfair or rather it's a bit difficult to give a rating for this film. I've come to the realisation I've perhaps outgrown these animation movies. Not even nostalgia makes this film enjoyable, had similar sentiments after Incredibles 2. It certainly wasn't terrible but it just isn't for me now a days.

Toy Story 4

It'd be unfair or rather it's a bit difficult to give a rating for this film. I've come to the realisation I've perhaps outgrown these animation movies. Not even nostalgia makes this film enjoyable, had similar sentiments after Incredibles 2. It certainly wasn't terrible but it just isn't for me now a days.
That's the reason why I haven't watched it yet. I know lots of people still as adults love the Pixar movies, but I really can't get into them unless I'm watching them with nieces/nephews etc.

Ride like a girl

The Michelle Payne tribute movie directed by Rachel Griffiths. The grey haired brigade were out in force at this one on cheapass Tuesday.

It was a pisser watching three latecomers stagger in as fast as they could (which was snails pace) with their walkers one after the other. I...you had to be there. I bolted out afterwards as didn’t wanna get stuck behind one! Kids were there too, this will do well at the box office.

Anyway I liked it. The gorgeous Teresa Palmer was very endearing as Payne, and I got caught up it in it all at the end. 7.5/10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Midsommar - Ari Aster (Heriditary with Toni Collette). Not really sure how to describe this or how I felt after watching.
It's definitely a love or hate movie. I thought it was one of the best I have seen for the year. Not really Horror but definitely disturbing in many ways. The sex scene was a little too much.
Pretty much sums up how I felt. Ditto the last point :oops:

In the Tall Grass (Netflix) - adaption of Stephen King novella

I liked the first hour of this movie. After that it turned to s**t.

Crawl (2019)

A young woman, while attempting to save her father during a category 5 hurricane, finds herself trapped in a flooding house and must fight for her life against alligators. This movie is an incessantly entertaining and dangerous adventure that will leave you breathless. The entertainment value in a straight-up genre picture like this is how fraught each new corner of peril that they turn manages to be, and there's plenty. The cast actually bring some real depth and emotion to their parts even though it isn't much talking. The CGI is flawless even on the small screen. Highly Recommend this one 7/10

In Bruges: Second time, my god. Gotta be one of the most watchable movies out there for me. CBF rating it, it's just bloody good.

It’s probably my favourite film. It’s such a bench mark that film can and should encompasses everything; hilarious, dramatic, thrilling, brutal, artful, fantastic story, beautiful cinematography, brilliant acting in all different flavours.

Between Two Ferns: The Movie (2019)

Zach Galifianakis takes his silly interviews with celebrities on the road. The interviews are the funniest part but they are cut short by the loose plot of the movie which doesn't really add anything of value. There are some bloopers at the end which I think also detracted as you see Zach out of character.

6/10

Star Wars Episode 1
The Phantom Menace

220px-Star_Wars_Phantom_Menace_poster.jpg

It has some weakness of story, writing, characters, and acting, but gee, what's behind that is a super entertaining adventure full of rich world building, inconic imagery and music, endlessly quotable lines, and almost unlimited rewatchability spearheaded by Liam Neeson pre action movie guy stereotype. A true accomplishment of engagement and fun in cinema.

8.5/10

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back