Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contagion (2011) and Outbreak (1995) :p

Outbreak edges it here with its 90s action blockbuster approach.

Contagion is as sterile as my hands after a dousing of sanny.

Vivarium - Interesting premise - a couple inspecting a new home in a new estate are unable to leave. Good performances - Imogen Poots and Jesse Eisenberg are the couple. But it doesn't reach any great heights and there's not much you don't really see coming. 6.5/10

The Way Back - Pretty standard melodrama, where if you've seen the trailer you more or less know how this is going to play out. Still, probably Affleck's best role since Gone Girl. 7/10

Portrait of a Lady on Fire - An immaculate, near perfect film. Forbidden love between a young headstrong French aristocrat and a painter who is set to take her portrait, but without her knowing. It's a rare film that can express so much just simply between the way the two characters just look at each other - I had to laugh sometime at just how overwhelming it was. An absolute crescendo of an ending, that made it an instant masterpiece. Might seem like a lot of hyperbole or recency bias, but * I think it's that good. 9.5/10

I remember watching Prisoners about 5 years ago and being pretty underwhelmed. Might have to give it another go.

I remember watching Prisoners about 5 years ago and being pretty underwhelmed. Might have to give it another go.
Not sure I’d bother. Overrated revenge movie

I thought it was pretty good - not sure about it being a rewatch though. There are some movies you can rewatch endlessly and those that are fit for one viewing only.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hobbit Trilogy - first time watching since it came out years prior. I enjoyed it a lot better this time around, suspect because of the immediate comparison to the excellent LOTR trilogy given proximity in time released.

Certainly stretched the book material well beyond (should have been two movies, not three) but not bad viewing. 7/10

The Platform - weird, gross and gruesome. Worth a watch but not for everybody. 6/10

Rocketman - preferred Bo Rap. This was a little too fast paced and more musical than story. 6.5/10

Shawshank Redemption - there's a reason many consider this movie the GOAT. Masterpiece. 10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back