Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a good movie, I liked the idea of it. Just some parts I thought were meh.

I don't really like Nicholson as an actor, (not saying he isn't good, he obviously fit the role, and one of the best casts for a movie ever surely), I thought the ending was slightly bogus

I didn't enjoy the choice of music a lot of the time for the way the movie was going. I prefer the more serious style that someone like Nolan would do

I'm not really a movie buff so can't explain it as well as some of you would.

It was a very good movie, 7/10 is a good score. I don't give out 10s. Saving Private Ryan is my best ever and that's a 9.5

I'm still in shock at how good The Prestige was tho after watching it last night. Once it got to the end it felt like every single scene had a purpose leading up to the end. Every little part of the movie had a little detail that played into it somehow
I loved it too, but still have a problem with
Tesla's machine creating duplicates of Hugh Jackman. Compared to the rest of the movie it just seems IMO to be a lazy plot device.

The VVitch - Fantastic, one of the better movies I've seen in recent years 9/10
Downhill - Absolute crap, avoid at all costs 0/10
The Hitmans Bodyguard - Better than I was expecting 7/10
Doctor Sleep - Awesome, jeez that poor baseball kid 7/10
Call of the Wild - Good adventure flick, kids loved it and Harrison Ford was great 6/10.

The Invisible Man

I almost fell asleep during the first half. Absolute snoozer. Seeming as its a two hour movie thats an hour of considering what else I could have been doing but these are desperate times so I persisted. Basically it set up the plot and tried to build suspense but it didn't feel very suspenseful and the plot wasn't very deep or engaging, thus time dragged on.
It picked up in the second half where I feel they used 95% of the movies budget but it still underwhelmed. The pace seriously jumps from like a 2 to an 8 giving it a feel of two different movies and this isn't a good thing.
I didn't like the casting of the lead either. Also I found it very strange that she shared a bed with the teenage girl. I can't remember their relationship being explained during the movie. I most definitely wouldn't allow this as a parent.
It felt like a missed opportunity. There is so much more potential for an invisible antagonist and it was disappointing that they made him one dimensional and predictable.

3/10

Yep it was. The ending annoyed me tho. The plot twist wasn't good enough for my liking. But it was kind of cool in some ways too with Jankins. The more I think about it actually I might move it up to an 8/10
I don’t think a plot twist has to take me by surprise to make a film good for me. It’s the journey to that point that I care about. I just thought it was very well written

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Conjuring 2

One of the few sequels to live up, or even surpass IMO, the original.

The Hunt

Really surprised how good this was (if you dont take it too seriously). I think its going to be a rewatchable for me. What aged the best? Hilary Swank! Hottest she has ever looked and i have never been a fan.

1917. It will grab your attention from the start and you won't take your eyes off the screen until the end. Highly recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back