Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checked out 21 and 22 Jump Street, was pleasantly surprised, quite funny flicks.

John Wick 3: Still good though the second one I thought was the best.

For anyone up for cheesy 80 flicks check out North Shore, you wont be disappointed.

Rewatch Contagion - given the current circumstances, was freakishly close to the bone. The fact that you have Fishburnes character talking about social distancing in a movie from years ago was creepy. Was a good movie then and remains a good one now....7.5/10

Lots of really solid science in Contagion, I remember them saying at the time they wanted to make a movie that showed a more realistic pandemic and how people might react to it. Unfortunately one of the least plausible parts of the movie is how quickly a vaccine is developed.

Black Christmas. Pseudo intellectual feminist crap.

I'm halfway through The Hunt and it is absolutely bloody deplorable. Horrible, horrible movie.

I watched both of the new Jumanji movies today and enjoyed them a HELL of a lot more than this piece of s**t.

I'm halfway through The Hunt and it is absolutely bloody deplorable. Horrible, horrible movie.

I watched both of the new Jumanji movies today and enjoyed them a HELL of a lot more than this piece of s**t.

The Swedish movie? I thought that was a great movie.

Bone Tomahawk on SBS catch up. A standard western revenge tale enlivened by the dialogue (think Tarantino meets the Coen Brothers) and some extraordinary violence at the end. Yikes!!!

I heard years ago that “Cool Hand Luke” was the basis for “One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest”. I have recently somehow found lots of time to watch both these movies again.
“One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest” is one of my all time favourites. I was blown away the first time I saw it.

I remember seeing “Cool Hand Luke” as a teenager and being impressed by it, I certainly remembered it as a really good movie.

Both movies had the stars of the time in Paul Newman and Jack Nicholson in the lead rolls.
I watched both yesterday, and bugger me it’s true. I reckon that “One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest” is based on “Cool Hand Luke”. Everything is so similar. The acts of rebellion of both Luke and McMurphy are identifiable, the authoritarian figures of the Warden and nurse Ratchet can be seen and so is the demise of Luke, who is killed by being shot and McMurphy, who is lobotomized.

I found it amazingly similar, but liked the supporting cast of “One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest” much better and when you have a look at them, they all became stars. Watch it and see how many you can recognise.

The Man from Earth (2007) this one really felt like an adaption of a play being almost solely dialogue between a small cast in one room. Written by Jerome Bixby who wrote one of the more famous The Twilight Zone episodes (It's a good life) among other things its low budget but worth a watch. A guy tries to convince his work colleagues that he is really 14,000 years old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate Said the Annabelle movies and the nun are part of these so I'm starting to watch them

The Annabelle movies are ok but nothing special. The Nun is abysmal.

I heard years ago that “Cool Hand Luke” was the basis for “One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest”. I have recently somehow found lots of time to watch both these movies again.
“One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest” is one of my all time favourites. I was blown away the first time I saw it.

I remember seeing “Cool Hand Luke” as a teenager and being impressed by it, I certainly remembered it as a really good movie.

Both movies had the stars of the time in Paul Newman and Jack Nicholson in the lead rolls.
I watched both yesterday, and bugger me it’s true. I reckon that “One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest” is based on “Cool Hand Luke”. Everything is so similar. The acts of rebellion of both Luke and McMurphy are identifiable, the authoritarian figures of the Warden and nurse Ratchet can be seen and so is the demise of Luke, who is killed by being shot and McMurphy, who is lobotomized.

I found it amazingly similar, but liked the supporting cast of “One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest” much better and when you have a look at them, they all became stars. Watch it and see how many you can recognise.
havent seen them for decades but probably need to see them again one day

Good Friday horror movie marathon with the housemates coming up this evening. On the menu:

The Invisible Man
Color Out Of Space
The Platform
The Lighthouse
Aliens

Then might round it out with something trashy like John Wick 3 ;)

Good Friday horror movie marathon with the housemates coming up this evening. On the menu:

The Invisible Man
Color Out Of Space
The Platform
The Lighthouse
Aliens

Then might round it out with something trashy like John Wick 3 ;)
Invisible Man is really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back