Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to watch Knives Out but gave up about 20mins in. Everything about it irritated me. Might be an unpopular opinion.
Probably means you missed out on Chris Evans, who along with Daniel Craig, was hilarious for me.

Prisoners.

10/10

Jackman is outstanding. As is Gylenhaal.
No offence mate but why do you keep posting about this movie in here? You have about half dozen posts about it.

Onward (2020) If you are going to Pixar Rate it, it will likely sit pretty low but as it's own movie it's fine, there are some nice ideas and it incorporates some tough ideas without talking down to kids, add in some good animation and a few jokes and me and the kids enjoyed it well enough.

Onward (2020) If you are going to Pixar Rate it, it will likely sit pretty low but as it's own movie it's fine, there are some nice ideas and it incorporates some tough ideas without talking down to kids, add in some good animation and a few jokes and me and the kids enjoyed it well enough.
I wanted to like that one more
It didnt do it for me in a big way
When I watch Pixar I want to see hyper reality,good fur,good shiny surfaces and interesting facial expressions and this didnt give it to me,story line was ok
Looked like they re used the characters from flushed away

I watched Despicable Me 2 yesterday ,Dreamworks has got facial expressions and script and likeable characters going in hyper-drive in that.

Last edited:
Someone watched it recently, I commented on it.

I watched it with my wife last night.

Is that OK?

Well you have a number of recent posts that you love the film, which ok. But then you re-watch and give another review.

So if we keep watching repeats of same movie we post a review in here every time?

Well you have a number of recent posts that you love the film, which ok. But then you re-watch and give another review.

So if we keep watching repeats of same movie we post a review in here every time?
If you like.

I am not going to dictate how you should post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coco... the premise didn’t grab me enough when it came out to watch it, was still unsure about 20 mins in, but it’s a beautiful little movie. If I’d seen it without the kids first, I would have thought it might be scary for the youngest and a bit deep for the older one but they both were engrossed throughout. 8/10

Also, my boy watched Empire Strikes Back for the first time. This is my fave film of all time (I kinda count the trilogy as a single film, though this is also the best of the three). Haven’t seen it in a while, caught the last half hour. I’d forgotten how visually appealing it is. Some beautifully filmed shots.

Let’s Scare Jessica To Death
Coco... the premise didn’t grab me enough when it came out to watch it, was still unsure about 20 mins in, but it’s a beautiful little movie. If I’d seen it without the kids first, I would have thought it might be scary for the youngest and a bit deep for the older one but they both were engrossed throughout. 8/10

Also, my boy watched Empire Strikes Back for the first time. This is my fave film of all time (I kinda count the trilogy as a single film, though this is also the best of the three). Haven’t seen it in a while, caught the last half hour. I’d forgotten how visually appealing it is. Some beautifully filmed shots.
When I first saw the AT-AT walkers in the battle of Hoth I knew what I wanted to drive when I got older. 😍

Incident in a Ghostland. Not sure how this hasn't got more love. Great film. 9/10.

A John Ratzenberger double feature :thumbsu:.

Grosse Pointe Blank - Great little indi crime thriller from the late 90s. Good soundtrack, great cast. If you havent seen it, watch it, if you havent seen it in ages, watch it again! 8/10, would have been a 9/10 if there was someone else in Minnie Drivers role
Cracking film, part of a golden run for John Cusack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back