Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dogma . I used to think Clerks was Kevin Smiths best film but rewatching this i have decided its this one by quite a way. Very funny "religious" comedy. Funny thing is i have probably seen it 4 or 5 times but not for 15 years and didnt remember Linda Fiorentino being in it let alone the main actor especially given the cast is really star studded. Probably the funniest Jay and Silent Bob were in any of KS's movies.
8/10

The Maze Runner

Thought it was going to be a story about guys delivering corn on foot. That would've been a better story.

2/10

The Maze Runner was good.

Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials less good as most of the mystery of the first movie is gone and in its place is typical action stuff.

Never saw Maze Runner: The Death Cure.

Unfaithful. Richard Gere plays a man whose wife cheats on him so he murders the lover. Pretty decent.

Midsommar: there are a bunch of different categories/genres for horror movies eg; slasher, gore, brutality etc.
This definitely goes into the “disturbing” bracket. Very well done and creepy as hell.

Do not watch this if you are planning a cultural trip to Sweden anytime soon. 75/100

Highly recommended for ‘slow burn’ horror fans.

Last edited:
Walking Out. Minimalist indie film with lots of shots of snowy mountains. Dad doesn’t look old enough to be his dad. Son chews food and feeds his dad like a bird. Not bad.

Dogma . I used to think Clerks was Kevin Smiths best film but rewatching this i have decided its this one by quite a way. Very funny "religious" comedy. Funny thing is i have probably seen it 4 or 5 times but not for 15 years and didnt remember Linda Fiorentino being in it let alone the main actor especially given the cast is really star studded. Probably the funniest Jay and Silent Bob were in any of KS's movies.
8/10
Agree 100% Dogma is close if not his best work..
C’mon Rufus the 13th apostle.. what’s not to like

Shutter Island

The amount of egregious green screening is amazing for a film not that old

Us; very spooky horror about a family in a remote beachside location and their doppelgängers show up to terrorize them. They are almost splitting images of the main family but weirdly disfigured in some way.
Creeped me out. 6/10

Dragged Across Concrete

One of the most perplexing films I've ever seen.

Some utterly gripping moments (mostly heist related) coupled with unnecessarily meandering dialogue and ruthless criminals introduced with no explanation making it pretty hard to follow in parts.

There's an awesome film in there, but the jumps in tone are just too jarring to be really enjoyable

A film you stumble upon and be kinda satisfied but not one you'd recommend to others

5 Ninjas in the Valley of the Shogun.

1963‘s greatest Japanese ninja vs Samurai movie without a doubt.
Dragged Across Concrete

One of the most perplexing films I've ever seen.

Some utterly gripping moments coupled with unnecessarily meandering dialogue and ruthless criminals introduced with no explanation making it pretty hard to follow in parts.

There's an awesome film in there, but the jumps in tone are just too jarring to be really enjoyable
I watched it more as a popcorn action film, didn’t pay to much attention to stuff that wasn’t really there and enjoyed it.

68-100

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 Ninjas in the Valley of the Shogun.

1963‘s greatest

I watched it more as a popcorn action film, didn’t pay to much attention to stuff that wasn’t really there and enjoyed it.

68-100

There's too many slow moments for it to be a pure action film

Also it seemed like the girl had her hands blown off during the heist but then they re appear when she's tied up in the truck. That was weird

Midsommar

The first half hour was painfully slow and boring and I almost stopped watching. Picked up a bit after that but still quite tedious viewing.

Midsommar

The first half hour was painfully slow and boring and I almost stopped watching. Picked up a bit after that but still quite tedious viewing.
I liked it. Quality slow burn story with some shocking stuff along the way.
Definitely not for those who require machetes to the head, jump scares or evil nuns appearing every few minutes.

I liked it. Quality slow burn story with some shocking stuff along the way.
Definitely not for those who require machetes to the head, jump scares or evil nuns appearing every few minutes.

I don't need those. I actually hate those kinds of movies but this just seemed it was trying to be artsy but not really succeeding. Each to their own.

Unfaithful. Richard Gere plays a man whose wife cheats on him so he murders the lover. Pretty decent.
Diane Lane at her absolute stunning best. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Bone Tomahawk on SBS catch up. A standard western revenge tale enlivened by the dialogue (think Tarantino meets the Coen Brothers) and some extraordinary violence at the end. Yikes!!!

Just saw the scene in question. Makes you wonder if that s**t actually happened in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back