Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Tenet.

I'll reserve final judgement until I've watched it again with sub-titles, but on first viewing I didn't like it. Unnecessarily complex with no great explanation at the start.

3 / 10.

Last edited:

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
I agree with this, though I probably blame the celebrity culture permeated through the tabloid media for this more than the person himself. He does seem like a w***er off screen but am probably more aggrieved that its a story every day created. I think he is just an ok actor but truly the epitome of a movie star rather than a high quality actor - almost like a safe pair of hands for hollywood blockbuster productions.

Get on YouTube and watch him on Graham Norton telling stories, particularly the Top Gun F-14 one.

He always seems much more relaxed and generous on there, probably because Graham doesn't bombard him with Scientology crap.

Like him or not, the guy is a winner. I've seen most of his movies, but not all. Some the subject matter didn't appeal to me.of all his movies I've seen the Nicole Kidman ones are the ones I didn't like, Days of Thunder and Far and Away.

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Considering how long Cruise has been around he's actually pretty selective with his movies. I was thinking I was pretty hit and miss with him and decided to check out his filmography.

Great in Edge of Tomorrow
Haven't seen most of the Mission Impossible series
Awesome Cameo in Tropic Thunder
Really did not like The War of the Worlds or The Last Samurai, although in both cases its the script not the actor

Obviously plenty of movies skipped but I suddenly realised I was looking at 20 years ago and wasn't far away from mentioning Interview with a Vampire and A Few Good Men.

But his stunt acting has become legendary with good cause imo, his scenes on the Dubai Tower alone are just insane. Pretty much completely as it looks on screen, they just deleted the safety cable and dubbed in the conversations (too high and too much wind to talk). Then there's the sunset HALO jumps and strapping himself to the outside of a plane as it takes off just for starters

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
Considering how long Cruise has been around he's actually pretty selective with his movies. I was thinking I was pretty hit and miss with him and decided to check out his filmography.

Really did not like The War of the Worlds or The Last Samurai, although in both cases its the script not the actor

Obviously plenty of movies skipped but I suddenly realised I was looking at 20 years ago and wasn't far away from mentioning Interview with a Vampire and A Few Good Men.

But his stunt acting has become legendary with good cause imo, his scenes on the Dubai Tower alone are just insane. Pretty much completely as it looks on screen, they just deleted the safety cable and dubbed in the conversations (too high and too much wind to talk). Then there's the sunset HALO jumps and strapping himself to the outside of a plane as it takes off just for starters
Yeah gotta give the guys props for earning his wages. 👍

With limited releases at the cinemas - local put on Die Hard on the big screen which I took the 13 year old son to. Hugely enjoyable on the big screen and has aged remarkably well (even with the tech of the day aging like touch screens, early mobile phones and computer tech). On ever watched on the small screen as a kid, so was a real treat.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
I'm Thinking of Ending Things - Netflix

Great movie. Talking of actors who have never appeared in any bad movies has Toni Colette ever appeared in anything bad? I always seem to love every movie she's in.

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney

Great movie. Talking of actors who have never appeared in any bad movies has Toni Colette ever appeared in anything bad? I always seem to love every movie she's in.
Watched the trailer last night and it looks quite bonkers, which of course is the only thing you'd expect from Charlie Kaufman.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion

The climbing at the beginning of Mission Impossible 2. He must be insane.

Also the having the knife dangled for real an inch from his eye, and actually making contact with some of the hits in the fight.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams

Yes.

Xxx: The Return of the Xander Cage.

One of the worst movies I've ever seen.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Yes.

Xxx: The Return of the Xander Cage.

One of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Haven't seen that one. Will avoid.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Haven't seen that one. Will avoid.
My bar is low and the first XXX had a disposable entertainment value, but far out number 3 was just straight to video trash. Actually I've seen better straight to video/telemovie material. It had absolutely no chemistry anywhere. A bunch of things just happened allegedly acted by actors and then it was over.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
The climbing at the beginning of Mission Impossible 2. He must be insane.

Also the having the knife dangled for real an inch from his eye, and actually making contact with some of the hits in the fight.

Honestly MI2 is a terrible film but dear god I love it. The climbing, the building set piece the chase and the final fight on the beach are epic. Plus Brendan Gleason and Thandie Newton and Dougray just chewing scenery.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Honestly MI2 is a terrible film but dear god I love it. The climbing, the building set piece the chase and the final fight on the beach are epic. Plus Brendan Gleason and Thandie Newton and Dougray just chewing scenery.
I love it. I don't even think it's terrible. Cheesy perhaps.

It's almost perfect. Still an MA rating on it and maybe some t***ies and it's a perfect movie.

Lots of action, great soundtrack, Australian. Overly dramatic and full of 90s cliches. It's a bloody good watch.

Jay & Silent Bob reboot

3/10

******* terrible, crappy storyline and other than maybe 2 or 3 moments not even remotely funny.

Annoying too, as I love Kevin Smiths earlier work

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bohemian Rhapsody rewatch.

Saw it the first time and thought it was ok, enjoyable enough but nothing special, on a rewatch, its absolutely terrible, like really really bad and you can see how contrived all the music industry scenes were. Its a total mess. The last 15 mins of concert was kareoke mime. I think Rami Malik will go down as an all time worst best actor winner.
2/10

Moorabool St

Debutant
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong

Saw it the first time and thought it was ok, enjoyable enough but nothing special, on a rewatch, its absolutely terrible, like really really bad and you can see how contrived all the music industry scenes were. Its a total mess. The last 15 mins of concert was kareoke mime. I think Rami Malik will go down as an all time worst best actor winner.
2/10
I saw Syriana recently.

George Clooney would be my nomination for most undeserved acting Oscar.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda

2/10

I think I said at the time, in the cinema and immediately in the aftermath I was swept up. It’s enjoyable and fun and honestly with a queen soundtrack it was gonna be hard to miss on being “crowd friendly”.

The next day all I could think about was how cliched and hackneyed the whole thing was.

It’s a fun song along bad film, in the same vein as Grease and Rocky Horror

raskolnikov

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Grease isn't a bad film. Well, apart from the fact that 20 somethings were playing schoolkids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back