Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Gretel and Hansel. My god was this boring and pointless. 2/10

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
What cinema was showing SW?

Watched A Simple Favour (2018)

Similar to Gone Girl but not as intense, Blake Lively goes full badass. Kendrick was wonderful too

Highlight - Jeffrey Spender of X Files fame making a blink as you miss it cameo.

7.8/10 - Recommended
Anna Kendrick is such a *in babe

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
What cinema was showing SW?

Watched A Simple Favour (2018)

Similar to Gone Girl but not as intense, Blake Lively goes full badass. Kendrick was wonderful too

Highlight - Jeffrey Spender of X Files fame making a blink as you miss it cameo.

7.8/10 - Recommended
Hoyts has been showing them; Return of the Jedi is this week.

I asked my boy which Star Wars film he wanted to see on the big screen, since we wouldn't get round to all of them. He said Revenge of the Sith. After the beating, we settled on Return of the Jedi. Going Saturday.

ChubbMuff

All Australian
Nov 8, 2004
Gong
AFL Club
Sydney
Tenet

Really enjoyed it which felt strange because I only really understood about 70% of what was happening. Had to take a piss and missed the bit where Nolan essentially got the crayons and whiteboard out and explained how everything worked for the final third of the film. Still managed to follow it. Just. Visually it was stunning and the action top notch.

4 cheese grater swipes out of 5

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
Just got home from seeing The Return of the Jedi with my son. Great to watch on the big screen. Luke with Darth Vader were the best scenes. The ewoks were cute when I was a kid but too many strange, cutesie creatures in general. Princess Leia in that costume was the highlight. 7/10.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Just got home from seeing The Return of the Jedi with my son. Great to watch on the big screen. Luke with Darth Vader were the best scenes. The ewoks were cute when I was a kid but too many strange, cutesie creatures in general. Princess Leia in that costume was the highlight. 7/10.
Snap, Did the same yesterday. The Death Star, final space battle and Carrie Fisher all looked sublime on the big screen.

Midway - good god, and I thought pearl harbour had an extraordinarily level of cheese. Unashamed flag waving exercise with some of the most unintentionally hilarious dialogue ever produced and horrendous miscasting of leads in a long time. Solid battle scenes tho make this a 3/10.

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
Travellers and Magicians. A very gentle road trip movie from Bhutan. A government officer dreams of life in America and sets off to get there. He meets and travels with a monk, an apple seller and a man that makes rice paper with the help of his daughter.

Slow paced, with a lovely feel. 8/10.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Birds of Prey

Was pretty entertained and the first half of the movie was really good. Fell away a bit towards the end but it was mindless fun. What I was after really.

6.5/10

Ok not a real movie but a " Documentary Film " i recently saw on Amazon prime.

Was just browsing through the menus and thought " Gee this looks interesting " as it was in the Documentary section and gave it a go. I was dumbfounded and hooked on it totally from the start believing the whole thing and it was done really well, as i am big believer of the Oceans and the fact we still know SFA about what is down there.

It finished and i was still thinking to myself " Surely this has to be reported in the news " ??
Then when i checked on IMDB the reviews were low because it is a fake doco and they totally GOT me and i was disappointed as the acting was so good and believable!

Really well done and give it a go as it makes a lot of sense in some areas.

7/10.

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm Thinking of Ending Things
8/10
I'm not gonna lie I didn't really understand what was happening until I read about it afterwards, but it instantly made me appreciate and love the movie a lot once I understood what was happening. It has stuck in my head for the 48 hours since I watched the movie too, just quite a crazy concept and thought. It appears as if it's copped a bit of s**t online being compared to the book, but I really enjoyed that. Great performances from Buckey and Plemons, and yeah.. kind of haunting.

Shutter Island
9/10
One of Leo's better roles I reckon. Great bloody movie. Unlike the previous movie it was pretty easy for me to figure out what was happening earlier. Great movie from Scorcese.

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
Unbroken

Not the best WWII survival/POW camp movie out there. Was amazing to look at but I started nodding off halfway through at the slow pace.

And what was with all the reluctance to show NAZI imagery at the ‘36 Berlin Olympics? Angelina Jolie going the inoffensive/PC route there took a lot away from the scale of the situation.
The recent movie titled RACE about Jesse Owens really smashed that scene out of the park in comparison.

5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back