Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lie (Prime)

A teenaged girl kills her best friend and her parents cover up for her.

I enjoyed it. 7/10

The Predator

It's a garbage plot, and I mean offensively stupid, but the violence can be very 'phwoar' in that old school bloody way, and there's occasionally some good banter and chemistry among the lead group of characters.

Probably never be another one but, the movie and ending is that bad.

3/10

Just Mercy (2019) Very good, it hits all the notes you'd expect with this type of movie but its a solid cast led by Michael B Jordan and Jamie Foxx and absolutely horrendous how close to the truth it appears to have been.

Hubie Halloween

Got to admit this was a lot better than I expected, however I did have rally low expectations. A couple of nice cameos by Shaq and Ben Stiller (playing his character from Happy Gilmore).

6/10

My boy just turned 13. Been waiting to watch Crackerjack with him. He's spent a bit of time at a bowls club too so he will relate well to it. Terrific movie.
I really enjoy whenever you post about your relationship with your son.

Hubie Halloween

Got to admit this was a lot better than I expected, however I did have rally low expectations. A couple of nice cameos by Shaq and Ben Stiller (playing his character from Happy Gilmore).

6/10
I felt it was a fun movie. Like the old school gene wilder comedies of the early 70s. Overall it achieved its goal.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last Action Hero-Have seen this movie talked about a few times on a 90's FB group i am a member of and decided to give it a go the other night. I did enjoy it got a few laughs, not as many as Kindergarten Cop but was enjoyable nonetheless.
7/10

i love last action hero, great comedy/action movie that should have done better at the box office, people took it too seriously and not for the action spoof movie it was

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ben affleck's basketball coach movie - I enjoyed it

Saw Kevin Costner in the love of the game earlier on this evening. Good timing for the World series which kicks off tomorrow.

Yep The Way Back is the Affleck one and it's ok. Similar in some ways to Just Mercy I maybe felt too often that I had seen these scenes before, and The Way Back cops it twice as hard for the Coach Carter and dealing with addiction/loss comparisons but even then it's a decent story, well acted and I didn't waste 108 minutes watching it.

... or at least no more than I would have otherwise :thumbsu:.

Watched a couple of movies in the last couple of days:

Birds of Prey - Margot Robbie does a good job and others ham it up to make it look like a bit of fun. Pretty empty watch though and not very memorable. 5/10

Invisible Man - Enjoyable, unnerving and quite a moody watch. Lead did a very good job and could watch again - 7/10

Trial of the Chicago 7 - Always a fan of Sorkin's scripts (of course, conscious of his left leanings) and this was a fine film with pretty strong performances from the leads. In a very light film release year because of COVID, this may sneak into awards consideration. 8.5/10

I saw The Trial of the Chicago 7 as well, very slickly directed, cracking dialogue, likely an idealised version of events but still very entertaining and shocking when it wanted to be. The use of some real footage was very well done. Solid 8/10.

ben affleck's basketball coach movie - I enjoyed it

Saw Kevin Costner in the love of the game earlier on this evening. Good timing for the World series which kicks off tomorrow.
I also thought The way back was worthwhile,i know i might be in the minority but ive enjoyed a few of bens movies like The Town and Argo.

I also thought The way back was worthwhile,i know i might be in the minority but ive enjoyed a few of bens movies like The Town and Argo.
I think most movie fans would enjoy a few of Ben's movies at least. He's made some rippers.

Birds of prey- knew it was going to be s**t, but gave it a try for margot. Made it about a half hour in. She was great but not great enough to finish I don't think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back