Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Watched code 8 on Netflix on the weekend. Robbie and Stephen Amell in a pretty by the numbers sci-fi, action movie. Wasn’t bad, not groundbreaking but a sharp 90 minutes to switch off and enjoy.

I’ve now watched most of the Netflix direct action movies (The Old Guard, Project Power and Extraction). Gotta say, they’re pretty good. Do exactly what they say on the box and don’t take too much time or brain power. Extraction and the old guard were the superior 2 but honestly any new action flicks from Netflix I’ll be front and centre for.

Watched code 8 on Netflix on the weekend. Robbie and Stephen Amell in a pretty by the numbers sci-fi, action movie. Wasn’t bad, not groundbreaking but a sharp 90 minutes to switch off and enjoy.

I’ve now watched most of the Netflix direct action movies (The Old Guard, Project Power and Extraction). Gotta say, they’re pretty good. Do exactly what they say on the box and don’t take too much time or brain power. Extraction and the old guard were the superior 2 but honestly any new action flicks from Netflix I’ll be front and centre for.

There's certainly a market for popcorn action movies. Like that they've made a return via movies like John Wick. 'Nobody' with Bob Odenkirk looks good fun too.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Oz The Great and Powerful

A decent watch. Enjoyed the start, lost a lot of steam towards the end. Mila Kunis was terrible, which was disappointing.

5.5/10.

MONKEY BUSINESS with Cary Grant, Ginger Rogers and Marilyn Monroe.
Funny little comedy from the early 50's with some wonderful set pieces and dialogue.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
It's a day for Danish movies :) Richard Cranium

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
You watching in chronicle order?

If you watch all of them, the ending of 7 is a bit of a tear jerker.

Release order, just finished Tokyo Drift, really liked the Han character (which seems to be a popular opinion) and it got a little better as it went along but I'm kind of hoping that was a low point for female representation in the series.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Unhinged.

Russell Crowe plays a psycho road rager. It's one of those crappy movies that creates cheap tension by having the victim make a series of dumb decisions.

3/10.

Contrary to some reports Crowe didn't wear a fat suit.

1610541277954.png

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
Unhinged.

Russell Crowe plays a psycho road rager. It's one of those crappy movies that creates cheap tension by having the victim make a series of dumb decisions.

3/10.

Contrary to some reports Crowe didn't wear a fat suit.

View attachment 1040147
Had all the potential to be a quality thriller but they fluffed it.
I’m sure Crowe signed onto a good script but then after that...

..Hollywood takes over...

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Hello.

Anyone up for a live viewing of The Room tomorrow night at 10.15pm?

BYO spoons

Hell no. I hate that movie. Mostly because my students went through a phase of saying, "Oh hi Mark!" when I arrived at class.

Hell no. I hate that movie. Mostly because my students went through a phase of saying, "Oh hi Mark!" when I arrived at class.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAJAJAJ omg rask. Hahahahaha

I am going to chuckle about this all day. Gold

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
The Crumbs (Prime)

Weird but interesting movie. I guess you would describe it as horror but it wasn't gory at all. 7/10.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
The Dark (Prime)

Not really a zombie flick but it features a zombie girl who befriends a blind boy who doesn't realise that she is a zombie.

Pretty good. 7/10

Blue Arrow

Club Legend
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
The Renegades, Vics
Day of The Dead (2008) 3/10
Cheap sort of zombie remake starring Mena Suvari.
Knew it was rubbish from the reviews and it was.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
The Guilty

Danish film set entirely in an emergency call centre (000 sort of thing), following a demoted cop who is facing court the next day for doing... something. He receives a call from a woman in a car who has been kidnapped. Goes from there, plenty of twists and turns and some real gut punches along the way; bit of a heartbreaker really. Brilliant film.

Watched it tonight. For a movie that is set wholly in a couple of rooms in a call centre it really keeps your interest. Each phone call the cop guy made I was visualising the scene at the other end. It shows what you can do with little budget but a really tight script.

7/10

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Capernaum (2018) on SBS World Movies

10/10. 'Nuff said

The 12 year old lead actor - Zain Al Rafeea - deserves an Oscar

They really should have a best male and best female chlld actor Oscar

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
I saw a movie on Prime called Escape Room. So I looked it up on IMDB and saw that it had got a 6.4, which is a pretty decent score on IMDB for a horror/thriller. So I started to watch it and started thinking, "This is terrible ". I kept on with it thinking that maybe the ending was the reason for the good score. But nope it got even worse and the ending was abysmal. I looked it up on IMDB again to find out why people had rated it so highly. Only to find that the Escape Room which had scored 6.4 was from 2019. However there was another movie also called Escape Room from 2017, which turned out to be the one I watched. It has a rating of 4.1. So, if you're going to watch a movie called Escape Room, make sure it's the one from 2019, not 2017.

Promising Young Woman.

Good film, quite well done and stylish. Hopefully a film that a lot of problematic "nice guys" (the types depicted) see and think about.

Without wanting to spoil it, it will sit with you for a bit.

Carey Mulligan was great, playing against her normal type of character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back