Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At different ends of the spectrum, saw the Founder (very good performance from all three main characters, not that I expect anything less from Michael Keaton these days, and an interesting enough story) and Ted 2 (started it Saturday night, had a few drinks and it provided a few laughs...finished it Sunday sober, not great, but a couple of laughs. Focused entirely on the bear rather than the human characters, which was a big mistake)

Palm Springs

Great feel good comedy. Feel like decent comedy movies are really few and far between these days due to not really being allowed to joke about anything or offend anyone. This one was just good natured fun. Andy Samberg was really good, only ever known him from the Lonely Island stuff. The female lead Chrstin Milotti was great in her role too, played it perfectly I thought. Cool concept of a story and a fun way to spend 90 mins! Would easily be in my 2020 top 5. JK Simmons with the minor role too. 8/10

Watched Unhinged yesterday. It was ok for a rainy, lazy Sunday. For some reason I didn't expect it to be that violent even though I knew it was R rated. Crowe has certainly stacked on the weight but his strength was unbelievable at times. He was just taking down people with a couple of punches. As with all movies like this there were some dumb decisions by the victims. It was only 90 minutes and kept me watching though. 5/10.

Late Night

Quite liked it. Well cast, well written and it definitely wasn't terrible. 3.5/5

The Kid Detective

Started off good and then got pretty silly, could think of better ways to fill in 100 minutes though.
i watched the kid detective the other day. I enjoyed it. IF you are a Bored To Death fan you will enjoy it also. I found the middle dragged a bit but the beginning and ending was good. My rating a 7

i watched the kid detective the other day. I enjoyed it. IF you are a Bored To Death fan you will enjoy it also. I found the middle dragged a bit but the beginning and ending was good. My rating a 7
It got very silly in places, I probably wouldn't recommend it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today was a me day whilst my car got serviced....even got a haircut.

First movie of a double header today was THE LITTLEST THINGS. A wonderful killer whodunnit that leads you a merry dance. Wonderful performances from Denzel, Rami and Leto. 8/10 no dull spots and an interesting reveal and ending.

Second movie of the double header was THE MARKSMAN. Liam Neeson taking names kicking a$$ and shootin' **** up!!!!!
6/10 but who gives a shyte really it was Liam Neeson!

Re watched Django Unchained today.

Tarantino just makes good movies. Also the music is just immense. Quality performances by Foxx, Leo and the main man Mr Waltz. Just wish I could watch it for the first time again. Had no idea where it was going or what was going to happen.

Spotswood
So if i told you there was a film that starred Anthony Hopkins, Russell Crowe, Ben Mendelsohn, Toni Collette and a personal fave because she was my dream girl when i was a teen Rebecca Rigg you would think it would be really well known but i totally forgot about this film. I found it while scrolling through Amazon Prime and rewatched it. Its a story about a time and motion man who was brought in to go over the way a factory is run and to make improvements if he can.
Its really good! It reminds me of The Dish/The Castle with a bit of The year my Voice Broke thrown in. Also there is long scene with a Scalectrix race which could only happen in an Australian film and it made me mad because i had Scalectrix cars and couldnt keep them on track for more than half a lap.
If you got some spare time its a pleasant watch. 7/10

Spotswood
So if i told you there was a film that starred Anthony Hopkins, Russell Crowe, Ben Mendelsohn, Toni Collette and a personal fave because she was my dream girl when i was a teen Rebecca Rigg you would think it would be really well known but i totally forgot about this film. I found it while scrolling through Amazon Prime and rewatched it. Its a story about a time and motion man who was brought in to go over the way a factory is run and to make improvements if he can.
Its really good! It reminds me of The Dish/The Castle with a bit of The year my Voice Broke thrown in. Also there is long scene with a Scalectrix race which could only happen in an Australian film and it made me mad because i had Scalectrix cars and couldnt keep them on track for more than half a lap.
I saw it at the cinema when it first came out great little film

Spotswood
Think I saw it on VHS.

Another Round - Mads Mikkelsen-starring Danish film about four high school teacher friends, bored and dispassionate about their work and their lives, who decide to partake in an experiment after one discovers a philosophy that the optimal human blood alcohol content is 0.05%, and so take to trying to maintain this consistent alcohol level through the school day, becoming more engaging teachers in the process. Of course, this cannot last, and the desire to up the level goes disastrously. Excellent film, with both comedy and drama well balanced, and great performances from its excellent cast giving an enjoyable study of mid-life crises (watched on my birthday, so that hit home).

Just watched this last night, it was indeed a terrific film. Mads Mikkelsen led the way but the supporting cast is more than able. You can take out of it what you will, but personally I thought this was equal parts a celebration and demonisation of the culture of drinking that exists in many Western countries. I thought the opening and ending scenes tied the movie together very well. 9/10

Fight Club

Classic flick that I’ll always happily watch.

Django Unchained

This was full on but absolutely epic. Fantastic performance by all.

The Machinist

Again, watched for the first time. Brilliant little flick. Swear they don’t make them
Like they used to.
Crazy to think how much bale lost for that role too

Crazy to think how much bale lost for that role too

meuiptev88h41.jpg

One of the most dedicated to his craft, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back