Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of the ones I was in and I was heavy involved in the Prequel threads, which contained possibly the hottest character ever.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I agree, Jar Jar Binks was a GILF (Gungan I'd Love to F***)

I watched I Care A Lot and although I can definitely see and agree with Rosamund Pike winning a Golden Globe for her performance, the film itself was quite disjointed and the second and third acts were...hard to comprehend (and not in the good mind-blowing way, more for how the plot went) - which was a shame, since I found the first act tight and captivating and got me detesting Pike's character with every fibre of my being - which was definitely a credit to her acting.

Yes, eventually Pike got her comeuppance (is it a spoiler to say a villain gets their just desserts?) but the way it got there in the second half of the film was not the best. A shame, since it promised so much with Pike establishing one of the most conniving, morally bankrupt yet realistic characters I've seen in a movie for some time.

6/10

Manchester By the Sea.

Damn that is one heart breaking movie. Sitting down to watch it for about the 3rd time, also picked up on several "foreshadowing" comments and even camera shots in the storyline from the past (early on). And the way the emotive scenes were just... they werent the typical "over blown" over acting American drama. It was so subtle and the use of silence to show the character's pain- just brilliant.

8/10

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Second Act

J-Lo stars as a mid 40 something women stuck working at a grocery store before he computer whiz nephew makes her up this awesome resume with fake experience and she gets a job working at a big beauty firm and she competes against someone else to make a perfume.

It was an OK film and enjoyable enough. Nothing groundbreaking but it definitely wasn't terrible. And J-Lo is hot so that's always good too.

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
Manchester By the Sea.

Damn that is one heart breaking movie. Sitting down to watch it for about the 3rd time, also picked up on several "foreshadowing" comments and even camera shots in the storyline from the past (early on). And the way the emotive scenes were just... they werent the typical "over blown" over acting American drama. It was so subtle and the use of silence to show the character's pain- just brilliant.

8/10
Fantastic film

Coming 2 America

tenor.gif

Some light chuckles but definitely not as good as the first. And confirmation that this trend of sequels to 80's/90's films needs to stop!

Coming 2 America

tenor.gif

Some light chuckles but definitely not as good as the first. And confirmation that this trend of sequels to 80's/90's films needs to stop!
Yeah - I know this sounds a little close-minded, but I put this into the same bucket as Blues Brothers 2000 where I refuse to watch the sequel because I enjoyed the old movie so much as a kid.

Finally watched 1917, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hard to drive a narrative with a 'real time'-esque style of film but the cinematography was amazing. Acting with what they had was top notch too.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Finally watched 1917, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hard to drive a narrative with a 'real time'-esque style of film but the cinematography was amazing. Acting with what they had was top notch too.
Thought it was great until that plane crashes next to them, then it all went to poo.

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Coma (2019)

After a mysterious accident, a young architect comes back to his senses in a very odd world. He must find out the exact laws and regulations of it as he fights for his life and keeps on looking for the exit to the real world. This Russian movie is a cross between Inception, The Matrix, and other mind-bending SciFi and while it doesn't really offer anything new, it is very well made. The special effects are as good as any you'll see in movies today, it never looks cheap or half-assed. The acting is passable, but the version I watched was dubbed over in English and I do find this can sometimes bring the acting down some. If you like sci-fi films, then it's well worth a watch 7/10

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Landmine Goes Click

B grade movie but very good and the ending was incredible. 7/10

Yeah - I know this sounds a little close-minded, but I put this into the same bucket as Blues Brothers 2000 where I refuse to watch the sequel because I enjoyed the old movie so much as a kid.

Wish I could say the same. Unfortunately me and a mate saw the first 45 minutes of BB2000 before walking out.

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
Chaos Walking

Didnt mind it. Something different. Was a last minute call to go see it last night. Would be so weird to have every single thought in your head on display for all to see

Also 50 million humans can die in movies and Im like "meh" but an animal dies and Im all choked up like a MF.

The little things....... rubbish

Also not a fan of Malek.....Mumbles half the time throughout this movie and is just awkward to watch.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
I don't mind Malek, but his acting was a bit confusing in this.

Was he supposed to be so intense that he was creepy? His voice and piercing looks at Denzel in the first hour were bizarre.

I couldn't help but think they were trying to replicate Guy Pearce's character from L.A. Confidential.

Coming 2 America.

Remake of the highly successful original on Amazon Prime. Just total rubbish and reeks of a cash grab for the cast relying on the original films success.

1/10 and I loved the original but this was just total rubbish with terrible acting.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
The Map Of Tiny Perfect Things.

What a brilliant film. Two teens are stuck in a time loop (like Groundhog Day) and relive each day together looking for all these perfect things. The male wants to get out of the loop and live the future, but the female is content living the day over. It was funny, heartwarming, sad and beautiful all at once.

It was a fantastic film and my wife and I both loved it. Highly recommend. 4.5/5.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't mind Malek, but his acting was a bit confusing in this.

Was he supposed to be so intense that he was creepy? His voice and piercing looks at Denzel in the first hour were bizarre.

I couldn't help but think they were trying to replicate Guy Pearce's character from L.A. Confidential.
not sure what it is about him but was distracting this movie and my missis at the end said 'dont want to see him again' (she wasn't a fan of the queen movie eithwr'

First half was of the movie as a thriller was couraging and then the movie went to s**t.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Chaos Walking

Didnt mind it. Something different. Was a last minute call to go see it last night. Would be so weird to have every single thought in your head on display for all to see .

Might want to chuck second part of your post in spoiler tags?

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Boss Level - 8/10

Groundhog Day meets Edge of Tomorrow

Like the movies mentioned this is a day on loop and the learning that comes with it . Strong violence and a plot that takes a moment to catch up with - but overall a good movie that satisfies those who like violence, action , sci-fi themes

Followed by watching

The New Mutants - 5/10

Teen horror that would lose nothing by having no mention of X Men - 5 teens are inside an asylum/hospital. All have mutant powers .

Its not a terrible movie but in the Marvel Universe it wont be anything but an origin story for some possible future movie franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back