Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just a heads up to everyone itt:

$5 Tickets All General Sessions - Palace Cinemas

One week only- so this Thursday to the following Wednesday. I already booked 2 sessions, contemplating a third.

i got my hopes up and checked it out only to realise that everything that theyre showing ive either seen or have no interest in

i also cant see foreign movies with subtitles because im about as literate as jobe watson in the commentary box

Just a heads up to everyone itt:

$5 Tickets All General Sessions - Palace Cinemas

One week only- so this Thursday to the following Wednesday. I already booked 2 sessions, contemplating a third.

Got the email telling me this as I walked out of a session at Palace Cinemas.

Supernova - Colin Firth and Stanley Tucci play a couple together for thirty years, who head off on a sentimental trip around the English countryside in the wake of Tucci's character's worsening dementia. Firth and Tucci are phenomenal actors and give strong performances, and have an excellent chemistry together (apparently off a longstanding friendship), and the English countryside is gorgeous. There isn't that much else to the movie though, with the fact that dementia is sad being what makes the movie sad, rather than anything the movie necessarily does. It's a fine movie, but nothing beyond that - unfortunately, with The Father also currently out, that makes this movie look worse than it is.

First Cow - In the 1820s in Oregon Country, an American chef befriends a Chinese fugitive. Seeing the one real landowner in the area, a wealthy Englishman, bring the first cow in the colony to his house, they concoct a plan to secretly milk the cow at night and sell biscuits made with it during the day, offering a better alternative than other basic "water and flour" baked goods. Thoughtful and contemplative, this movie is a lovely exploration of the friendship. It moves at its own pace, and quietly offers a critique of capitalism as devastating as Parasite. Kelly Reichardt is one of the best and most under-appreciated directors working today, and this is her best film to date.

I was in primary school when the prequels came out and I can't remember them being that big of a deal amongst the kids at school (that was Harry Potter's domain) and I don't know many - if any - people my age who are serious Star Wars fans now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think kids today by and large don't care about Star Wars. Their bearded dads are controlling the remote. Same as WWE.
Speaking of crap sci-fi
Cosmic Sin (2021)
Below bog average flick.Generic plot,ex general gets called back to the military to sort out an alien invasion.
Just goes to show that Bruce Willis will do anything for a pay-cheque.Give it up champ you're just becoming another Hollywood whore.
1 star

Buffaloed

Semi scam/social comedy meets ā€œthe big shortā€ lite.

Zoey Duetch is great, Jai Courtney is also great (which has probably never been said before). Itā€™s pretty good without reaching any great heights, solid way to pass 90 minutes.

7/10
That has definitely never been said before.

Jai Courtney is like discount Sam Worthington. And Sam Worthington is discount Liam Hemsworth. Liam Hemsworth is discount, well you get the point.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Those Who Wish Me Dead (2021)

It's got a great cast including Angelina Jolie, Jon Bernthal, Aidan Gillen, Nicholas Hoult. And it's directed by Taylor Sheridan - so I was expecting good things. But the plot is the dumbest I have seen for some time. Avoid this s**t.

2/10.

Buffaloed

Semi scam/social comedy meets ā€œthe big shortā€ lite.

Zoey Duetch is great, Jai Courtney is also great (which has probably never been said before). Itā€™s pretty good without reaching any great heights, solid way to pass 90 minutes.

7/10
I thought it was pretty solid too. Best thing Iā€™ve seen Jai in too.

Watched Sychronic last night, about 2 paramedics who attend different deaths all attributed to a new designer drug, somehow it involves time travel...still trying to unpack what the fu** I watched. Save yourself the heartache 3/10
Bit harsh,not the best of the fictitious synthetic drug genre,think the awesomeness of NZT-48 in
'Limitless' or the Chinese synthetic drug that slows your adrenalin down in 'Crank'.
Sychronic is something I'd have a crack at.Also gets a tick for the line 'It's kangaroo s**t crazy'.
3 stars

Watched Bad Trip last night. Not normally a fan of shows where innocent bystanders are the target of the joke but this one was mostly harmless. Was giggling like a schoolgirl at it for most of the movie but there were 3 or 4 genuine laugh out loud moments.

Watched Bad Trip last night. Not normally a fan of shows where innocent bystanders are the target of the joke but this one was mostly harmless. Was giggling like a schoolgirl at it for most of the movie but there were 3 or 4 genuine laugh out loud moments.
The beauty of it is that it never feels like they are laughing AT the people, they are just bystanders to the craziness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back