Movie What's the last movie you saw? (6)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 7:

Morbius (2022)

It all seemed so generic. Leto throws himself into the role, and the CGI is off the charts, but that's where the good things end. The story was threadbare and so predictable. There was no onscreen chemistry between any of the actors. 4/10 (below average)

Last edited:
Morbius (2022)

It all seemed so generic. Leto throws himself into the role, and the CGI is off the charts, but that's where the good things end. The story was threadbare and so predictable. There was no onscreen chemistry between any of the actors. 4/10 (below average)

Watched this today too.

I thought they overdid the CGI IMO.

The movie could have been great and even with zero expectations was still a let down. Such a mess of a movie that continually made no sense.

Like you said, zero chemistry between the cast.

I enjoyed this film a lot.
Each to their own right? I try not to be influenced by other reviews before watching so I'm not expected or disappointed. I found it down the list of heist movies and the safe cracking too repetitive and non eventful.

What is it that makes you angry?
Late stage capitalism.
Amazon, people losing work and having to live in cars/vans and chase seasonal work
You know the dream

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone thinks back to the future 3 is the s**t one.

Surprised anyone thinks otherwise.

Its my least favourite, reason why ? The Doc Brown love story (not the least bit interested in that!!)
It's still a good movie and I liked the wild west setting, but the Doc Brown love story was trash.

Growing up I thought Part 2, BTTF and then Part 3. But since the release of the dvd (mid 2000's for me) I prefer them in release order.

The Lost City

Generous amount of good laughs, Channing Tatum & Sandra Bullock with good chemistry.

Tron Legacy

Not bad, visually and score wise was great.

Only The Brave (dir. Joseph Kosinski)

Based on a real event. Firefighter crew called the Granite Mountain Hotshots battle a wildfire in Arizona. Awful film to end Sunday night. Gut punch in the feels.

Don't know the context but surprised Kosinski hasn't directed more movies. Have really liked everything he has done so far. Can't wait for Top Gun Maverick.

Each to their own right? I try not to be influenced by other reviews before watching so I'm not expected or disappointed. I found it down the list of heist movies and the safe cracking too repetitive and non eventful.

If you like heist movies try Thief directed by Michael Mann. It's a bit dated now but it's every bit as good as Heat. James Caan is superb in the leading role. There's some real detail shown in the disarming of the alarm system and the safe cracking. Some great cinematography too. For me, the soundtrack by Tangerine Dream detracts rather an enhances, but some people like it.

Last edited:
Definitely.

I also find too many people (especially on here) will want to fight you to the hilt if you don't agree with their views on a movie lol.

Have you seen Bank Job? Excellent film.

Definitely.

I also find too many people (especially on here) will want to fight you to the hilt if you don't agree with their views on a movie lol.

Have you seen Bank Job? Excellent film.
Name rings a bell! Possibly have seen it, but don't remember specifically.

Yeh its all subjective right? Just like food or art or music. There's a lot of consensus good or poor movies, but there's a lot that divide.

Exactly why I've stopped looking at IMDB or other reviews before watching a movie. If it's rated well and I don't enjoy it, I feel let down. If it's rated poorly I might not watch it and miss a good movie that I might enjoy. Or feel "wrong" for rating it highly haha.

Last edited:

Yeh its all subjective right? Just like food or art or music. There's a lot of consensus good or poor movies, but there's a lot that divide.
Has Jason Statham, think it came out around 06.

Definitely. Not sure why people get so wound up if somebody doesn't like something they do lol

Has Jason Statham, think it came out around 06.

Definitely. Not sure why people get so wound up if somebody doesn't like something they do lol
that is the one based on an actual robbery in the 60s or 70s yeah?

Exactly why I've stopped looking at IMDB or other reviews before watching a movie. If it's rated well and I don't enjoy it, I feel let down. If it's rated poorly I might not watch it and miss a good movie that I might enjoy. Or feel "wrong" for rating it highly haha.
I think it really depends how you engage on discussing a film that might be divisive.

I always try to consider what it was i didnt like so i can at least speak to a critique to help other people understand if they will like it. Some bonafide classics and critically adored films get the "1/10, was s**t" type critique and thats likely to get people a bit fired up in defense.

FWIW on IMSB and Rotten Tomatoes usually on the overall score its not too bad and if you find a reviewer you like its often worth reading their opinion if you want some clarity on the film (The Ringers Sean Fennesy is my go to guy).

Everything Everywhere All At Once: Actually lived up to the hype. The filmmakers have definitely done psychedelics and I'm here for it. 5 bagels out of 5.

After Yang: Another A24 sci-fi drama starring Collin Farrell, about an interracial family with a humanised AI sibling. The narrative tension never climbs above about a 4, but really interesting themes and beautifully made 7.5/10

The Batman: Good cast and I liked Pattinson's spin on the role. But definitely about an hour too long. Action movies shouldn't be 3 hours, it's unnatural. 7/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back