Movie What's the last movie you saw? (6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 7:

Continued from Part 5:

I've retained Asgardian as the OP. Rest in peace, mate.

================

Starting this up for the mods.

Watched Judgment in Berlin, a simple tale of a hijacking from Poland to West Berlin, to escape the Communists.

Not bad, but nothing great either

Last edited by a moderator:

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Watched Black Widow with the better half the other night.

She found it more entertaining that myself, decent enough story for an Avengers spin-off flick, although a little rushed and muddled - E.G. (without giving away the main plot) sisters reunite after living separate lives for years, then also reunite with their parents, who are only their adopted parents from the Black Widow program, where young girls are trained to be special operatives for a evil global organisation, but flashbacks to the girls childhoods still doesn't reveal who their real parents actually were/are and also somehow older sister, Natasha (Scarlett Johansson), managed to leave the organisation and become an Avenger which is not explained..?

Wife is now on YouTube finding answers - unlikely I'll watch it again, 5/10.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2014
Newcastle
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors, Dallas, Liverpool
Another Round, 2020 (Hulu) - Watched based off the cult following it has garnered here. I liked it. Mads Mikkelsen is charismatic as all get out and the last scene is a perfect ending. Everything else was pretty, pretty good. 7.5/10.

I, Tonya, 2017 (Netflix) - Sigh, I have a lot of thoughts.
That Tonya is made out to be a complete victim when there is evidence that she knew about the attack is pretty egregious.
The domestic violence is horrific but doesn't seem to be taken seriously enough when juxtaposed with the constant wisecracking and the most distracting soundtrack ever made that lends to a general 'rock n roll' tone that is out of place.
This could have been a brilliant insight on the struggles of poverty and people trapped in abusive relationships but doesn't quite get there (But hey what do I know).
There are two scenes which are top tier - When she puts makeup on before the 1994 Olympic routine and when her toxic mother visits her with a recorder to try to get a confession. Absolutely elite acting.
It's a fascinating watch but frustrating as hell. Preferred the "Losers" episode on Surya Bonaly about another ice skater from the same time.
The definition of a good, bad movie (or is it a bad, good movie? idk). 5.5/10.

Mar 19, 2014
Newcastle
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors, Dallas, Liverpool
Oh and Inglorious Basterds was ok. Like I, Tonya has some all time scenes (Bar scene and Strudel scene) and great acting. The final act with the theatre was both over-the-top and boring which is hard to pull off. 6/10. Can see why Tarantino fans would love it.

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Re Basterds.

I loved the film upon first viewing.. but tbh ever since with every viewing I've found my love for it diminishing. It is ******* boring in some scenes, and that final scene was a bit of a letdown.

Boring! Which scenes did you find boring!?

FREE GUY

******* loved it.
Not often i sit through an entire movie with a smile on my face.

No way it works as well without RR

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
******* most of Basterds was boring. Didn't get it maybe, but I get a lot of other Tarantino. I like it too.

I didn't go on IB even slightly.

Also he's basically the only director that would get applauded for rewriting WW2.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Settlers - 2021
Mankind's earliest settlers on the Martian frontier do what they must to survive the cosmic elements and each other.

The trailer presents this as a Sci-Fi thriller, it's not.

Look, I don't mind a slow burn developing plot, but this was fifteen minutes of a dreary and pointless story spread out over nearly two hours! So boring even the better half pulled up stumps after an hour and that's rare.

I kept watching purely out of curiosity waiting for something to happen, it didn't. Shame, because the actors and related performances are actually quite good.

Perhaps the biggest waste of time movie I've seen this year - 2/10 and that's generous...

Last edited:
Free Guy - Usually very hit & miss on enjoying Ryan Reynolds movies but was absolutely brilliant, would highly recommend.

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
Violation - 2020. Was marketed as a slow burn horror but is just a low budget revenge movie with some sexual violence thrown in.
Too many flashbacks, flashforwards and overly long dialogue scenes that made it extra confusing by adding nothing important to the story. 2/10 👎

Boss Level on netflix - kind of fun little flick that borrows heavily from computer games. Frank Grillo hamming it up and looks like he enjoyed himself (probably shouldn't overflex his muscles in every scene though). Certainly not a perfect film by any stretch of the imagination but a good way to waste an hour and a half. 6.5/10

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
You must have a flash couch

I watch movies on a television

40B32494-1B0E-4A8D-A41D-34A43B5AC11F.jpeg

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Boss Level on netflix - kind of fun little flick that borrows heavily from computer games. Frank Grillo hamming it up and looks like he enjoyed himself (probably shouldn't overflex his muscles in every scene though). Certainly not a perfect film by any stretch of the imagination but a good way to waste an hour and a half. 6.5/10
I really enjoyed it. For what’s essentially a dumb actioner, it had a nice premise, didn’t try to over explain it, and I genuinely liked the main character’s arc.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Boss Level high in the watchlist now that I finished Suicide Squad.

That reminds me to review it when I get ten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back