Movie What's the last movie you saw? (6)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 7:

I think you will like it Elvis fans will definitely love it i feel like sometimes these film critics that give mixed reviews are never happy
Wife is a huge Elvis fan, we rented a car in Memphis to drive to his home town in Tupelo and see his family home. We’re both big Baz fans too though.

aPy5YVQ_460s.jpg

Oh yay, just what I wanted, another Star Wars discussion!

/s
It was more a topical reference/trivia to films already being discussed. I would have made it no matter what the other film was.

(But I enjoyed making a bit more for that one. Always enjoy spreading the good word about a bad film)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone else noticed that it has become rare that movies today have big scores and opening credits that really engage you into a movie. Think Superman, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, Top Gun, The terminator etc. They are engaging from the moment the very first credits roll on screen. All the latest movies, just dont seem to be interested in grabbing the viewer like the old days. Almost as if they are intent on saving a buck here because people will see the movie anyway. But from artistic standpoint it is kind of disappointing. I think this is one of the reasons people are raving about Top Gun Maverick, old school style opening, engaging from the first seconds. I cant remember a single opening from any Marvel or DC movie. The Original Batman was awesome, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the Lion King. So many iconic movies in such a short space of time really went out of their way for the viewer. But you know, CGI and rehashing the same script appears to be hollywoods moto these days.

Plenty of movies with good scores, but the big movies no longer do. The MCU which has dominated the mainstream likes to have very vanilla music, I think it is intentional to not overshadow the Avengers main theme. Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor 3 stand out as good Marvel scores though.

John Williams penned many of the scores you mention and he's very long in the tooth now. Michael Giacchino does good stuff taking over from him in Jurassic World/Star Wars. Hans Zimmer is still going strong. The Ludwig guy from Creed films.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

not a movie but I like how Stranger Things starts each episode with the words coming towards you with the first scene in the letters with the cool creepy music it gets you ready for each episide like a fresh reset.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has anyone else noticed that it has become rare that movies today have big scores and opening credits that really engage you into a movie. Think Superman, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, Top Gun, The terminator etc. They are engaging from the moment the very first credits roll on screen. All the latest movies, just dont seem to be interested in grabbing the viewer like the old days. Almost as if they are intent on saving a buck here because people will see the movie anyway. But from artistic standpoint it is kind of disappointing. I think this is one of the reasons people are raving about Top Gun Maverick, old school style opening, engaging from the first seconds. I cant remember a single opening from any Marvel or DC movie. The Original Batman was awesome, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the Lion King. So many iconic movies in such a short space of time really went out of their way for the viewer. But you know, CGI and rehashing the same script appears to be hollywoods moto these days.
They’ve definitely changed like most aspects of films, but I don’t think it’s true that those things aren’t done anymore.

If I think of films from the past 10-15 years, a few with big/captivating intros would be:

• Drive (Gosling drives/escapes through the city as Night Call blasts)
  • The Dark Knight (the bank robbery with the reveal of The Joker, scored by a Hans Zimmer masterpiece)
  • The Hateful Eight (the slow arrival of a mysterious horse and cart, scored by the master Ennio Morricone)
  • A Quiet Place (a presumably major character is killed off within two minutes in deafening silence, before the title credits roll)
  • Interstellar (his nightmare of the crash with another Zimmer classic)
Even Joker (which was overrated as a film) had it.

The Man From Toronto - Netflix

Having read some of the reviews on here I didn't high expectations

And they were met.

Has some reasonable moments
Has some terrible ones
Had some good ones

It relies on you accepting Kevin Hart as funny and Woody Harrelson as the straight man.

The Man From Toronto - Netflix

Having read some of the reviews on here I didn't high expectations

And they were met.

Has some reasonable moments
Has some terrible ones
Had some good ones

It relies on you accepting Kevin Hart as funny and Woody Harrelson as the straight man.
I like Woody Harrelson. I don't like Kevin Hart. I'm torn.

Also, the preview looked ok, a few people gave it positive reviews, but then I see it's Rotten Tomato rating is 24 per cent. Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back