Movie What's the last movie you saw? (6)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 7:

we werent really in the mood to watch anything so just chucked it on as something to fill in time - zoned in and out of it, is what it is, i like woody so that worked enough for me

Kevin Hart playing Kevin Hart
Fair call - I will put it on my covid list when I have no taste.

I do like Woody though.

Has anyone else noticed that it has become rare that movies today have big scores and opening credits that really engage you into a movie. Think Superman, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, Top Gun, The terminator etc. They are engaging from the moment the very first credits roll on screen. All the latest movies, just dont seem to be interested in grabbing the viewer like the old days. Almost as if they are intent on saving a buck here because people will see the movie anyway. But from artistic standpoint it is kind of disappointing. I think this is one of the reasons people are raving about Top Gun Maverick, old school style opening, engaging from the first seconds. I cant remember a single opening from any Marvel or DC movie. The Original Batman was awesome, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the Lion King. So many iconic movies in such a short space of time really went out of their way for the viewer. But you know, CGI and rehashing the same script appears to be hollywoods moto these days.

Great call mate

Michael Clayton (2007) - Decent legal thriller with George Clooney struggling with his morality. This is well acted and put together but doesn't have that spark that elevates it to be memorable. End has one of my least favourite movie cliches
The gotcha moment of taping the bad guy secretly to confirm culpability.
6.5/10.

2007 Best picture nomination rankings -
No Country For Old Men - 10/10
Juno - 7.5/10
There Will Be Blood - 7.5/10
Atonement - 7/10
Michael Clayton

edit - forgot how to include spoiler.

The Man From Toronto - Netflix

Having read some of the reviews on here I didn't high expectations

And they were met.

Has some reasonable moments
Has some terrible ones
Had some good ones

It relies on you accepting Kevin Hart as funny and Woody Harrelson as the straight man.

I watched the first 10 minutes. Netflix movies used to be touted as up there with oscar material. Now its phone in rubbish where most actors just go through the motions for a pay check. Thats what this was.

The Last Seduction 1994 - I hadn't watched this for about 20 years, how the * Linda Fiorentino didn't win every award available for this is beyond me.

As Molly says, if you haven't already, do yourself a favour.
Linda Fiorentino was widely lauded by critics for her performance in this movie but was denied an Academy Award nomination because it came out on TV before a theatrical release.

Linda Fiorentino was widely lauded by critics for her performance in this movie but was denied an Academy Award nomination because it came out on TV before a theatrical release.
Linda Fiorentino has only made 1 movie since 2001 which came out in 2009. Was thought to be difficult and may have also been "metooed" out of movies. She was great in everything i saw her in. Bridget Fonda who could also open movies hasn't made a film since 2002 . A lot of great female actresses have way too short careers compared to men

The Last Seduction 1994 - I hadn't watched this for about 20 years, how the * Linda Fiorentino didn't win every award available for this is beyond me.

As Molly says, if you haven't already, do yourself a favour.

What an brilliant log line for a movie. I'm in!

A devious sexpot steals her husband's drug money and hides out in a small town where she meets the perfect dupe for her next scheme.​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steven Segal is… Above the Law (1988)

Segal and Pam Grier are tough Chicago cops who bust a drug kingpin and are forced to let him go, because… reasons. I forget exactly, but it’s orchestrated by Segal’s nemesis from his time in the CIA so it’s time to take him down. But first we get a random baptism and Sharon Stone, so that’s nice.

Fun movie, joins Hard to Kill and Under Siege as the three Segal films I will sit through

Watched Hustle with the parentals last night, a family winner that was enjoyed by all.

It's not his most challenging role yet, but with the way Adam Sandler just effortlessly cruises through this performance, I think I'm finally ready to accept him as a legitimate dramatic acting talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back