whats the point ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by eastaugh36:
whats the point of having this fantasy league ? Its not like any games are going to be played, if you were using afl players stats it would be possible

The point is enjoyment, something you appreciate every day living in Melbourne

you are so wrong bubba !
You are victorian so I will explain it to you all ok - Fantasy Footy is normally where each person drafts their own team of players from the AFL and points are allocated for the stats that the players rack up, in this league will the points be determined if people from bigfooty are the players ????

Now i know why you prefer Adelaide over Sydney/Melbourne. ou have no sense of fun do you.

If you keep that attitude up your hole life you'll find yourself up sh*t creek without a paddle.

------------------
visit the Easts Cricket Club - <A HREF="http://www.eastscricket.com.au" TARGET=_blank>www.eastscricket.com.au
</A>
A must for anybody into statistics - http://cromulent.freehosting.net/

Eastaugh, I'll explain :

For a start, it wasn't originally called Fantasy Footy. Because of its popularity, Bluey gave it a forum of its own, but called it Fantasy Footy so that any other versions of 'unreal' footy, including the type you're talking about, could also be started in this forum.

The main difference is that everything's random, so the advantage here is ease. You don't have to analyse the weekend scoreboard, you just sit back.

What you're talking about is a fantasy game where the fantasy is that you can take up the roles of coaches, well, selectors and recruiters, actually.

In the Sweet FA (played with a homemade computer game that I called Qooty - short for Quick Footy), the fantasy is more about the spectator perspective. Sure, posters have nearly all been given a spot on the field, but the real fun is to sit back and barrack, just like we do at real matches.

I've never argued that Qooty is better than real Fantasy Footy, in truth they're very, very different. But it has its own attractions, and I've always prefered to use totally fake teams, rather than real players.

You're name is in one of the teams, Eastaugh, because we dobbed in heap of the most regular names to get the game up and running. If you'd prefer I took you out of there, I'd sure do that as soon as you ask. I don't want you to feel you're name's stuck to something you don't want to be involved with.

Anyway, I hope this explains where I'm coming from a bit better. It's much more fun if you can see the game playing on your screem too, but my programming ability is certainly not up to the level of broadcasting it all across the net.

Cheers,

Kev

------------------
Hallowed be thy Roy

Easty its called Fun look it up in the dictionary if you need help.

------------------
I can handle the fighting, its the affection i cant stand and i dont mind us talking just dont try to touch my hand.

Piss weak? hehehe that's a come back if i ever heard one
rolleyes.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back