what's the scariest movie you've ever watched?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Ring. When she walked out of the TV I walked out of the room.

Event Horizon as well. Don't know why but the first time I watched it I was so s**t scared it wasn't funny. Then I watched it again a few weeks ago and all was good.

Can't frigging wait for Saw IV though.

At the very start of Beauty and the Beast when the narrator is telling the story and the Beast like shreds his portrait of his human self with his claws. I used to cover up my eyes in that bit :eek:

The only movie that I can say ever gave me nightmares was the 1982 remake of "The THING".... screwed me up for weeks but then I was only 10 at the time.

Halloween had its moments as did the 1st Evil Dead - especially the last scene when the last guy make it to morning.... but again I was only a kid when I saw these.

Can't say I have been truly scared by a movie since.

Black Christmas (1974) was fairly creepy when I first saw it ages ago.

Carrie (1976) Sissy Spacek was goddamn creepy under that pig's blood. Piper Laurie was also terrific. Probably the only movie that has genuinely scared me to the point of peering around the bedroom door before I went in.

The music to Halloween still creeps me out. I couldn't listen to Mr Sandman for a while after watching it.

The Ring. Went home from my girlfriends place after I'd seen it. Stormy night, watching the footy and yep, the TV goes to static.:eek:

Slept rather fitfully that night.

Interesting to see Threads rate a mention. I'd call it deeply unsettling rather than scary, but it must have made for different viewing during the Cold War.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nightmare on elm street.

Amyone who watched this when they were younger knows excatly what I'm talking about.

Yep. I was 13 when the original came out. It scared the beejesus out of me. The third one was even scarier IMO. These days they seem like comedies.

The first Saw, not all that scary, but gee it freaked me out.

I watched The Shining as a kid, and couldnt sleep for a while after that.

Blair Witch Project has its moments.
Agreed on both counts. BWP severely underrated or maybe I thought it was scarier than what it was as I was 13 when I watched it.

Scared the **** out of me.

Shining is a classic film.

This tread is really showing peoples age. I thought Scream was s**t but I was about 20 when it came out. It was just predictable, yet Nightmare on Elm street and Friday the Thirtheenth scared me silly at around 10yo. Event Horison was the last movie to actually scare me. I was watching it at 11 at night when I first saw it. I remeber seeing the Thing when it first came out and beeing scared shitless.

The Ring was the last movie to freak me out. Mainly due to the fact that a few weeks prior to seeing that movie, we got a new tv, which had a bit of a fault in which if there was a slight power surge, the tv would turn itself on. So every second night for 4 or 5 weeks I would wake up at 2 in the morning and the tv static would be on.

Then I saw the Ring.

Then I shat my pants.

Then the night after seeing the Ring, the bloody tv turned itself on, static noise and all. Left me in the foetal position in the corner of my room sucking on my thumb.

Stupid Grundig television.

Apart from that, not many. Arachnophobia spooked me when I first saw it when I was 6 or 7 because I hate spiders. House on a Haunted Hill had some decent moments. Never really got spooked by slasher films.

I loved Blair Witch when it came out. Psycological greatness. I agree with whoever said the last 2 minutes where she enters the house and starts screaming uncontrollably was ****ing freaky as. Especially when reading up all the theories on whether or not the witch had her as she was going down the stairs or not. Blair Witch 2 was one of the worst movies id ever seen. Too wierd. Though it did have a hot goth chick prancing around naked for half the movie from memory.

The last few minutes of Slience of the Lambs was freaky as well, in the night goggles.

The last few minutes of Slience of the Lambs was freaky as well, in the night goggles.

Yep.

It's one of my favorite films, but this is the only bit that ever made me feel genuinely uncomfortable.

I get caught out by cheap horror flicks when some bloke jumps out of nowhere with a knife, but I can't recall any movies that made me feel uncomfortable after I'd watched them. My missus is the opposite. I once had to go into the front yard with a cricket bat after watching some B-grade schlock 3 times because she was convinced there was someone lurking.

I saw the Ring the same night that Sydney had the hailstorm a few years back.

Turned the movie off after watching it with my then girlfriend (and was bloody shaken up). She left, then the hail started and knocked the satellite down making, as you guessed, the TV turn to static for the next 12 hours).

Did not sleep - at all.

The Exrocist is a movie I've never understood what the fuss was about, not being a religious person, I always found it funny, even at an early age?! A bit weird I know :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back