What's with these crap fixtures on Friday night and Saturdays?

Remove this Banner Ad

Another s**t fixture and it lived out as such. Don't give me this nonsense about the weather either the conditions improved in the second half. No fault of Adelaide's the western bulldogs were just insipid. I enjoyed the first half because it was a dog fight pardon the pun and the weather was a factor and there wasn't much the players could do. But when there wasn't an excuse it was justo_O

Another s**t fixture and it lived out as such. Don't give me this nonsense about the weather either the conditions improved in the second half. No fault of Adelaide's the western bulldogs were just insipid. I enjoyed the first half because it was a dog fight pardon the pun and the weather was a factor and there wasn't much the players could do. But when there wasn't an excuse it was justo_O

Were you at Adelaide Oval or in Adelaide yesterday and last night?

If not, then you have no idea.

I’ll tell you what was crap. Last Sunday, perfect weather conditions and we had a snore feast at the “G”. There were 14 goals scored last week in perfectly fine conditions and last night it was 11 goals in what could be termed, extremely wet. Did you see the water splash up in the last quarter?

apart from GWS vs Bombers tomorrow all the games once again look shithouse. Tonights game could be good but far from a blockbuster. Sunday has the best fixtures.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

apart from GWS vs Bombers tomorrow all the games once again look shithouse. Tonights game could be good but far from a blockbuster. Sunday has the best fixtures.

You're right, but at the start of the year should the AFL have known? GWS v Essendon would probably have been the pick of the fixtures before round 1 and probably had the best claim to Friday night. Richmond v St Kilda looked OK as well - who knew St Kilda would be so rubbish? Collingwood v Dogs was always likely to be an ordinary fixture and the AFL ****ed up there. Melbourne v Adelaide would have looked good too but given it's in Alice Springs there's not much else they could do with that game.

Yet they were tipped to make the 8.....
I'm actually still so bloody annoyed about it - and I was at the time. Side that finishes 9th, tipped to improve, plays a pretty attractive brand.

Total night games on FTA: 4
Total night games in Melbourne: 1
Total Friday night games: 1

Compared with side that finished bottom 4, tipped to still be down the bottom.

Total night games on FTA: 7
Total night games in Melbourne: 4
Total Friday night games: 4 (plus Thursday season opener)

Friday July 13 St Kilda vs Carlton

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back