What's your average day look like?

Remove this Banner Ad

DemonTim

Cancelled
10k Posts The Trident - Awarded to posters who do a hell of a lot on the Dees board
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Just wanting to see what everyones daily food intake looks like? What are you eating and when? Are you following any specific nutrition principles?

Mine would be different to most as I work out in the morning.

Coffee/tiny snack pre-gym
BCAAs/simple sugar in water during workout
Shake with banana, protein, creatine post workout

Mid morning/early lunch - veggies and tuna, sometimes a tub of humus
Lunch Chicken and salad, rice on leg days or if I've struggled to finish my workout

Afternoon snacks - fruit/sardines/nuts

Dinner - meat and veggies generally, cross town a bit so store bought salads once or twice per week

Home post dinner snack - cheese/humus/leftover protein based snack

Mine varies depending on how strict i feel, whether i want to lose/gain weight. At the moment i am trying to lose weight;

Breakfast - don't always eat breakfast on weekdays, i'm up at 5:30 am to get ready for work and don't really get hungry until 8 am. If i am hungry i will eat 2-3 eggs or if i'm not to worried about what i'm eating it will be 60-80g of plain oats, greek yogurt and berries.

I have two lunches that are exactly the same - 200g of chicken, beef, fish etc. heaps of veggies. Amount of brown rice will depend on my weight loss goals could be none at all up to 150g. I eat these around 9:30 am and 1:30 pm. I will also have 10-20g of peanut butter.

I got to the gym around 5 pm for 45 mins and a run/footy training after that, i will have a pre work 10g of BCAA plus C4 pre work out for flavoring. Post workout 35g of bulk nutrients WPI with 5g of glutamine and creatine.

Dinner is around 7:30 pm it will be 200-250g of chicken, beef, fish etc. with 200-400g of potatoes and heaps of veggies. After dinner around 8:30 i will eat some fruit and yogurt.

Saturday nights i will eat what i feel like, pizza or burgers, some chocolate.

Sunday nights i will make something different like chicken wraps, chili con carne, stir frys.......not to unhealthy but something different to the usual.

Mine varies depending on how strict i feel, whether i want to lose/gain weight. At the moment i am trying to lose weight;

Breakfast - don't always eat breakfast on weekdays, i'm up at 5:30 am to get ready for work and don't really get hungry until 8 am. If i am hungry i will eat 2-3 eggs or if i'm not to worried about what i'm eating it will be 60-80g of plain oats, greek yogurt and berries.

I have two lunches that are exactly the same - 200g of chicken, beef, fish etc. heaps of veggies. Amount of brown rice will depend on my weight loss goals could be none at all up to 150g. I eat these around 9:30 am and 1:30 pm. I will also have 10-20g of peanut butter.

I got to the gym around 5 pm for 45 mins and a run/footy training after that, i will have a pre work 10g of BCAA plus C4 pre work out for flavoring. Post workout 35g of bulk nutrients WPI with 5g of glutamine and creatine.

Dinner is around 7:30 pm it will be 200-250g of chicken, beef, fish etc. with 200-400g of potatoes and heaps of veggies. After dinner around 8:30 i will eat some fruit and yogurt.

Saturday nights i will eat what i feel like, pizza or burgers, some chocolate.

Sunday nights i will make something different like chicken wraps, chili con carne, stir frys.......not to unhealthy but something different to the usual.
Sound very similar to me mate

my weekdays are pretty much all the same in every way

5:10am alarm
3 snoozes til 5:30ish
6 weetbix, maybe 400ml of milk and a table spoonish of sugar
Shower
Work from 6-8 then training
Couch time prior to lunch doing computer work stuff
Lunch these days has been a ham sandwich on protein bread with coach quick so another 400ml of milk i'd say
More couch work stuff
Most days I'll eat again before work where it will either be chicken and veg or eggs, bacon, toast and veg or oftne i'll make up a big stew (mince and veg) and i can have that with bread or potatoe of some form that gets me 5 - 6 meals
Work from 5:30 - 8pm
Dinner is probably the option i didn't have before work
Lights off hopefully 7hrs before alarm goes off

Takeaway 2/week on average and usually squeeze some choc bickies or something in after dinner as well

No counting but i like a food dose of protein everytime I eat

Training 6 days a week following a high/med/low/high/med/low/off weekly schedule

Weekends are similar but I might have 1 less meal as I get up later

57 year old retired male, i try to follow a moderate LCHF lifestyle but if we are travelling or out at a restaurant i am not fussed if i have a bit of bread/pasta/rice etc. most days look like this unless we are travelling.

up at around 5.15am
feed, water and clean the chook pen and a bit of maintenance in the vege garden.

breakfast- grab some spinach/kale/sorrel from the garden and make a smoothie with the nutri-ninja for breakfast adding ginger, garlic, avocado, banana, berries and raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar. or occasionally bacon and eggs/scrambled eggs.

we live on just over 3 acres so a bit of general yard/garden work after that before it gets too hot.

lunch- usually some fish and veges or a salad and some home grown eggs.

afternoon- bit of reading and i am also attempting to write a book.

late afternoon- exercise routine, a program called "insanity" (all body weight stuff and cardio) except wednesdays when i play futsal at night.

dinner- meat and vege, usually lamb or pork not a big fan of the heavier meats.

between meal snacks i'll generally stick to fruit, milk or dark chocolate.

guilty pleasures- i have a weakness for ice cream which i will have for desert on the odd occasion plus i slip sometimes and have my previous fav breakfast ie. 5 weet bix with a cut up banana, honey and full cream milk.

and of course i pop into big footy when ever i get the inclination.

overall goal- live longer.

Last edited:
Mostly same s**t every day, amounts change depending on my goal. Lunch and dinner biggest variables due to work and life. Transition phrase right now between "uni diet" and "proper adulting diet." ... so from 14 standard drinks a week to none LOL #reslife

3am pre-workout = 200g vanilla ice cream + 45g whey protein - this never changes
5am post-workout = 150g chicken + 120g oats (cooked with vegemite, trust me on this it's divine lol) - this never changes
~ 12pm-1pm lunch = (some form of cheese + some form of meat + bunch of veggies in a salad) + 180g greek yoghurt OR DGAF whatever
~6pm dinner = eggs or fatty fish cooked with veggies OR DGAF whatever
~10pm sleep snack = 250 glass of V8 juice + (bowl of 60g oats + protein powder + 150mL lactose-free milk)

I'm pretty good at eye-balling foods/servings so I change what/how much I eat depending on how the day is going i.e. how many DGAFs I end up having. Bulking right now and reliably gaining 0.125kg per week right now (yes I am that neurotic). Work is 99% sedentary so I don't eat differently on weekends.

Take Vit-D3, calcium, and fish oil every day. Take a multi every 3 days.

Edit. The principles I follow are - 1. * you lactose 2. meet minimum protein requirements 3. monitor changes to my body & performance and adjust diet if necessary

Last edited:
what's the book on?
my fathers life and death.

i started a thread about it last march (linked if interested), it has turned out to be a lot harder than i thought, my original 1 year or so prediction has blown out. the research involved eg. family history, what particular locations were like at the time, war records etc is so time consuming. i am finding it difficult to link together different time periods in a seamless manner without embellishing on his life experiences. have got a fair bit done though, i'll go long periods where i work on it every day and then go weeks without touching it.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/is-this-a-good-book-idea.1125538/

Intersting life points - just keep going back to it and adding in what you want and it might end up something completely different then what you first envisioned or nothing at all but still cathargic and if that's all it ends up being then you've lost nothing

Depends on the day

But on average up at 9.30
Get some bcaa and creatine in
Hr later do a workout for an hr
Make tea for work, make scammbled eggs for breaking on decent rye or wholemeal beead
Bagging out on the net till just after one
Work from 2 till 12, eat a banana as i start at two
Eat a Musli bar around 4 and some almonds or cashews or walnuts around 5.30
Chicken and salad at 7pm
Bit of quiche or homemade veggie slice around 9.30
Cuppa tea when I get home after midnight
Bed at 2am

Rinse repeat
Unless it's a weekend as for some reason all routine is thrown out the window

Mine has been a bit all over the place due to placements the past fortnight but in a ideal/normal week

Breakfast (08:30 - 09:00 after training)
2 pieces of toast
3-6 rashers of bacon (hunger pending)
3-6 eggs (again, hunger pending)

First lunch (12:30ish)
1/4 - 1/3 chicken (depending on how I've cut/distributed it)
1/2 cup uncooked basmati rice
25g danish butter

Second lunch (16:30ish)
50g uncooked gluten free pasta
200-250g mince
1/3 carrot
250kg pasta sauce
100g broccoli

Dinner (19:30 - 20:00)
~250g red or white meat
2-3 large potatoes
1-2 carrots
50-100g broccoli

Normally have second lunch or dinner with 700mL full cream milk in a protein shake then a generous bowl of ice cream and 4-5 coles chocolate chip cookies for dessert
Also, if I'm sitting in class etc I normally get through a packet or doritos, box of BBQ shapes etc in a day

Last edited:
Mine has been a bit all over the place due to placements the past fortnight but in a ideal/normal week

Breakfast (08:30 - 09:00 after training)
2 pieces of toast
3-6 rashers of bacon (hunger pending)
3-6 eggs (again, hunger pending)

First lunch (12:30ish)
1/4 - 1/3 chicken (depending on how I've cut/distributed it)
1/2 cup uncooked basmati rice
25g danish butter

Second lunch (16:30ish)
50g uncooked gluten free rice
200-250g mince
1/3 carrot
250kg pasta sauce
100g broccoli

Dinner (19:30 - 20:00)
~250g red or white meat
2-3 large potatoes
1-2 carrots
50-100g broccoli

Normally have second lunch or dinner with 700mL full cream milk in a protein shake then a generous bowl of ice cream and 4-5 coles chocolate chip cookies for dessert
Also, if I'm sitting in class etc I normally get through a packet or doritos, box of BBQ shapes etc in a day
Jesus Christ that is a lot of food haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus Christ that is a lot of food haha

You don't have to tell me lol
I've been going at 70-80% of that the past 3 weeks and lost almost 3kg lol (granted fluid consumption went from 3-3.5L to about 1.5-2 in the same time period)

Especially 250kg of pasta sauce a day lol!

Classic typo haha
Feels like 250kg though when you're not hungry that day and are trying to finish the last few mouthfuls
*edit*
Fwiw it took an extra meal every day (half a tub of yoghurt and a big handful of nuts or a cheat meal from McD's/Red Rooster) on top of all that for me to break 85kg (with a seated job). I'd also eat a box of takeaway noodles and at least a large pizza from Sampes on Saturdays instead of the rice/chicken and pasta meals
Fair to say I have a reasonably high metabolism

5am - hit the gym
8am - post workout BP coffee at the office (300 cals)
12pm - lunch (usually only 500 cals)
7pm - dinner at home (largest meal of the day 1000+ cals depending on size of lunch)

Protein 150g-160g ideally and try to keep carbs below 80g (65g net carbs) and looking to hit 2200 cals on lifting days and 2000 cals on rest days while I'm trying to lose some weight.

I remember a couple years back, I finished footy season and had dropped down to 80kg. I decided to bulk up and go through a 6 week period doing weights twice a day 6 days a week. My diet looked like this;

Up at 5am 70g of oats mixed with 2 eggs and protein powder, it made protein packs topped with jam.

5:30 10g BCAA and C4

Train for an hour

7am 30g WPI 5g creatine and 5g glutamine

8am 100g oats, 200g Greek yoghurt 200g mixed berries

10:30am 200g meat 200g rice and veggies. 20g peanut butter

1:30pm same as above

4pm Rice cakes and tin of tuna

Pre work out same as the morning

6pm train for an hour

7pm post workout shake same as morning

8pm dinner 200g meat, 300-400g potatoes and veggies

After dinner More oats fruit and yoghurt

I was hitting around 4500 calories. Saturdays nights I would cash in on pizza or burgers and chocolate.

I went from 80kg to 95kg in 4 months. Towards the end I stagnated around 92kg to counteract this Wednesday nights i would have two foot longs from subway.

After 6 weeks my body couldn't handle twice a day training so would do a single 1.5 hour session in the arvo. When I switched to one night a week I cut out the morning pancakes and pre/post work out shakes. And the Wednesday night cheat meal.

Classic typo haha
Feels like 250kg though when you're not hungry that day and are trying to finish the last few mouthfuls
*edit*
Fwiw it took an extra meal every day (half a tub of yoghurt and a big handful of nuts or a cheat meal from McD's/Red Rooster) on top of all that for me to break 85kg (with a seated job). I'd also eat a box of takeaway noodles and at least a large pizza from Sampes on Saturdays instead of the rice/chicken and pasta meals

Mooroolbark boy eh?

Classic typo haha
*edit*
Sampes is one of my go to Saturday night meals when I can't decide in anything else

Born and bred (well, technically Kilsyth but close enough)

Same area/approx same age as me, reckon we would probably know a fair few of the same people.

FWIW Sampe's is the s**t. Haven't lived in the area for 6 years but still remember the number off by heart 9727 2711

Same area/approx same age as me, reckon we would probably know a fair few of the same people.

FWIW Sampe's is the s**t. Haven't lived in the area for 6 years but still remember the number off by heart 9727 2711

Haha now that's dedication.
I didn't go to high school local but finished at Pembroke primary in 2000 and knew/met a lot of guys through footy (Mooroolbark) so yeah, more than likely we have mutual friends (or have even crossed paths at some point lol)

Bloody city footy players :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back