CJ

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2000
TAS
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
(Just continuing this golf theme from another thread!
smile.gif
)

My best would have to be a hole in one. The tee area was being repared so, for some reason unknown, they reduced the hole to only about 20m. I placed the ball on the tee, grabed the PW, hit it and (as they say!) the rest is history.

My worst would be losing 6 balls on one hole. It was the first hole!!! I lost a total of 8 that day.
*hangs head in shame*

Anyway, what about you lot?

Sandie, If golf isn't worth watching, then what about tennis? At least something happens in golf, like a hole in one or seeing a sectator getting hit in the head with the golf ball.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Nup, not tennis, cricket, soccer, rugby etc.
I don't mind the occasional extreme sports but really I only like watching FOOTY, hurry up Ansett cup.

------------------
Mantis

Best moment was two weeks ago. We were in a rush to finish the front nine as one of our group had to go early. I had lost about five (5) balls so far, and everyone else was whipping me, and making sure I knew it.

On the 9th the other three guys sliced more than a set of Ginsu knives. Onto the road, into the bushes, into the water. All three lost their ball. I teed up with a club I had never used before and BANG! Dead on the sweet spot to land about 3 metres from the green.

Still had 9 more to go, and I stunk the place up through the rest of my game but I think it was a moral victory...

BEST: My second hole-in-one, which was made on a cold rainy day during a high-school competition. Was the first golfer for my school to ever get one in a match. Same day was also the first time I ever shot under 80.

HONORABLE MENTION: This year when I shot my best score ever of +2 73.

WORST: When I played in my first high school tournament at age 14, got a severe migraine on about the 7th or 8th hole and ended up shooting 114 (which was about 20 shots higher than normal).

BTW...can anyone get me on Royal Melb. next time I come over?
biggrin.gif

Jeez Stealth I've played for 15 years and the closest to an ace was 1 foot!

WORST: Teeing off the first at a junior comp. then hitting a GUR marker 3 meters in front of the ladies tee.

MOST EMBARRASSING: Next shot.

BEST: Shooting 3 over at Yarra Bend.

Best: Absolutely got onto one on a Par four at the Albury Golf Club. Tonked it, and because it was dry, it kept going and going and ended up just short of the green.
biggrin.gif

Worst: I then preceded to four-putt myself to a bogey.
frown.gif

I can't believe anyone would play that frigging game for relaxation.
eek.gif

Worst: FIVE putting a green - hey it had the worst slope and it was blowing a gale! (BTW CJ that was on the 9th at Tasmania GC)

Best: Eagle on a par 4 - driving the green and holing a 20 footer!!

Cheers

Gonzo

BEST: Getting 2 hole in ones in 1 game!

HONOURABLE MENTION: 2 over par at Botanical Garden Golf!!!ha ha ha ha ha :)

The 2 hole in ones was also at botanical garden golf! I've never actually played real golf.

Originally posted by sandie:
Nup, not tennis, cricket, soccer, rugby etc.
I don't mind the occasional extreme sports but really I only like watching FOOTY, hurry up Ansett cup.

Whats wrong with rugby. Rugby League has its problems, but Rugby Union is a great game.

------------------
For all your footballing needs be sure to visit my AFL web-site at http://www.geocities.com/eastsydney5/index.html

BEST: Smacking the ball so sweetly it travelled 250m on a par 4, got a bogey.

WORST: First junior comp, first to tee off, hit the bottom of the club and it rolled off the tee, 25m, then the next 4 shots just did the same thing, an 11 on a par 4.

FUNNIEST: 110 from the pin, in the rough, grabbed a 3wood and hit it nicely, straight into a tree 40m away. Then my dad parred the hole, lowest he had ever done. lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back