What's your job and do you like it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wormkilla

Team Captain
Oct 17, 2022
AFL Club
West Coast
What do you do for a crust? Do you enjoy it?

I'm a high school teacher. I enjoy the actual teaching part. Teaching actual maths and science, running experiments etc. I go into Eddie Woo mode. But the admin and student mentoring part of the job I don't enjoy so much. And the burden on these latter parts that's becoming more laborious. Seems like actual teaching is becoming less of a priority.

Still, the holidays are great, and I can't complain about the pay. Or early finishes. Just can't see the job being sustainable long term.

Landscape maintenance supervisor...I do enjoy it for the most part. Not sure what I'd do if I get sick of it because i don't think anyone is looking for a 43 year old drillers offsider (last job I had before going into landscaping fifteen years ago)

Business/Data Analyst

Job itself is decent, pretty good $. Current workplace so unfriendly and lacks any flexibility like finish time or WFH. Looking to move

TBH at a point these days where what I do day to day is irrelevant (within an office setting), just want a good workplace to be part of

(Log in to remove this ad.)

currently catching mosquitoes and taking blood from chickens and testing them for viruses. will be going back to my old job soon of supervising wholesale/retail native plant production nursery which is my ideal job.

Security guard. Yes, I pretty much like it.

Variable job I reckon.

If you are standing outside a shop it would be shitful. Time would stop.

If you are driving around different sites and patrol the grounds like the guys at my old school who would wander around and put cards in the doors to prove they had been there before moving on, it would be a piece of piss with no stress and once you get penalties for working night shift probably wouldn't earn much less than I do working in finance with a degree.

Communications and events. Best job I've ever had, by far. Looked after me and many others above and beyond what I could have expected during COVID.

For the first time in since I've been here though we're going through downsizing, which naturally makes the work environment a bit unhappier and unhealthy and there isn't much you can do about it. I feel pretty secure personally, but conscious that nothing's guaranteed. If I got the tap on the shoulder I'd shake hands and say thanks for everything.

Customer Service and previously a Cricket Trader at one of the big gambling companies.
Working for the company is great, some of the customer service stuff is tough but a good group of people
Cricket trading was probably the best role I've had. Just sit there and get paid to watch and analyze the cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Back