What's your plans for grand final day?

Remove this Banner Ad

Malones Edinburgh 5am. A pint of breakfast Joker. Game on 5.30, hopefully a large continent of eagles fans. If we win, I get horrifically drunk, then get a few people back to mine for a second screening on the projector. If we lose, I stumble out into the cold and forget it ever happened.

Any Scottish eagles fans watching the game?

I am tempted to get out the blue and yellow Ralph Lauren jumper I purchased in 1992 when living in Melbourne. Cost me over $100 back then from an up market Collins Street boutique but it was worth it. Wore it to the Big Dance and was sitting in the AFL members section right on the wing calling out to Brett Heady as he started to dominate the Pussy Cats in the 3rd quarter.

My wife can't believe how precious that jumper still is. Probably request that I be cremated in it.

Cheers mate.

We are having a boy so here’s hoping that I’ve got the option of potentially naming him in honour of our latest Norm Smith Medalist!
Bunga is a bit of an odd name for a new bubba but I dont mind it

Well all the very best with the birth of your kid.:thumbsu:

If its a boy and we win ....... you are going to have to name him after the Norm Smith Medal Winner .

Hope you like either of these names Elliot or Jack. ;)
...or Willie

Both of my boys are playing the junior indoor cricket state comp in Strathpine over the weekend.
So I will be either watching on a big screen at the Indoor Cricket centre if they have one or if not, I have already told them both Dad will be popping to the nearest pub for a few hours.

Since moving into current place we've had people over every Grand Final (except for last year when it was just the two of us).

This year will be the biggest one yet. My first born son was born a few days before Round 1 (I watched bits and pieces of that game in the hospital room haha) so he has yet to experience a derby loss, a loss at the MCG, a finals loss ... What a club :D

Will be watching it locally here in Perth. The missus will be 37 weeks pregnant come GF day. Her and her family are WCE fanatics too. She’s such a trooper that she said “you can go over for the Grand Final; I don’t want you to miss the opportunity”. But that would be cutting it far too close with the arrival of the little one imminent.

Still, I really appreciate her offer! Hopefully can still be celebrating our 4th premiership when our first child arrives!

Hope you name the kid Shannon - would work for a boy or a girl too lol.

Considered going down to Melbourne for the long weekend but instead will go to the old mans house and hopefully watch our first grand final win together since '94.

Staying home and watching it on my OLED tv with the sound near cinema levels. If eagles win I will go to the city that late afternoon, evening, if the worst case scenario happens, I just go and hide from everyone and drink my sorrows away.

Will be watching it locally here in Perth. The missus will be 37 weeks pregnant come GF day. Her and her family are WCE fanatics too. She’s such a trooper that she said “you can go over for the Grand Final; I don’t want you to miss the opportunity”. But that would be cutting it far too close with the arrival of the little one imminent.

Still, I really appreciate her offer! Hopefully can still be celebrating our 4th premiership when our first child arrives!

I'm in the same boat as you mate. I flew down from outside of Australia for 2015 but I just can't bring myself to do it this year. A little bombardette (god help us all) is on final approach.

Congratulations brother.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Staying home and watching it on my OLED tv with the sound near cinema levels. If eagles win I will go to the city that late afternoon, evening, if the worst case scenario happens, I just go and hide from everyone and drink my sorrows away.
Well done on the 100 for Ranwick Petersham over the weekend Davey. #oled

I'm in the same boat as you mate. I flew down from outside of Australia for 2015 but I just can't bring myself to do it this year. A little bombardette (god help us all) is on final approach.

Congratulations brother.
Thanks Bombard, congratulations to you too on your impending arrival

Will be at the GF yay . Can't wait :)
If I was in Perth, I'd probably skip my traditional /watch the GF at home in my home theatre and head to Optus Stadium (love how the $5 entry fees are all going to Telethon too)

Thinking of heading to Optus Stadium.
Did anyone go to the subiaco oval live site back in 2015? What was the atmosphere like? Crowd number?

Keeping it simple..Will be sofa-bound on the big day,
with refreshments and supplies close at hand.
Might buy a better TV sound system beforehand.
West Coast to win!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back