What's your preferred grand final matchup?

Preferred GF matchup?

• Collingwood vs Brisbane

Votes: 59 16.0%
  • Collingwood vs Carlton

Votes: 84 22.8%
  • Brisbane vs GWS

Votes: 187 50.7%
  • Carlton vs GWS

Votes: 39 10.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Where did I say that? I'm very interested in any match Brisbane plays. I'll be off to the Grand Final if they make it.

I have little to no interest in Collingwood vs. Carlton. Why would I?
I suppose some people just love the game. Obviously others don’t.

I suppose some people just love the game. Obviously others don’t.

Loving the game is not directly related to how much interest one takes in Carlton and / or Collingwood. I have zero interest in either club. However I'll attend at least one football match every weekend during the season.

brissy gws would be a belter

But I’m worried the umps + maybe more goal line ‘accidents’ will not allow either team to get to the GF

The AFL wants Carl coll for sure

Preferred - collingwood v Carlton with Carlton up by 2 points with 5 seconds to go and umps give Jamie Elliot a free kick 30 metres directly in front of goal and his shot skims the post and the soft call is goal , and the review shows a snicko brushing the post and it gets called a point . That's my ideal scenario

Most likely - collingwood v Brisbane with pies winning by around 10 points. Would be a pretty good GF .

Least preferred - Brisbane v GWS . Would go and play golf

and the review shows a snicko brushing the post and it gets called a point.
That would never happen. The AFL wants a Collingwood win, so the snicko would have an unexplained fault and it would be Umpire's call.

5 to 1 where it counts, with a 113 year drought for you.

Not Collingwood’s fault that Carlton have been rubbish for the past two decades.

Collingwood have fronted up to 5 Grand Finals in that period … where have Carlton been?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Preferred - collingwood v Carlton with Carlton up by 2 points with 5 seconds to go and umps give Jamie Elliot a free kick 30 metres directly in front of goal and his shot skims the post and the soft call is goal , and the review shows a snicko brushing the post and it gets called a point . That's my ideal scenario

Let me finish this story because I think I can see where you were going with it...

With 2 seconds left on the clock and Carlton in front by 1 point, the Carlton player taking the kick-out thinks they hear the siren sound and throws the ball in the air in celebration. Before the ball lands, the siren actually sounds, and Carlton players sink to their knees in realization of what just happened. Jamie Elliott is awarded a free kick from the top of the goal square and this time makes no mistake, kicking the premiership winning goal after the siren. PizzaPie finishes making love to several beautiful women, logs onto Bigfooty and bumps this post, ?, and profits.

GWS vs Brisbane. They've been the 2 most entertaining teams to watch in the finals and highest scoring. Hopefully can bring that to a GF.

Let me finish this story because I think I can see where you were going with it...

With 2 seconds left on the clock and Carlton in front by 1 point, the Carlton player taking the kick-out thinks they hear the siren sound and throws the ball in the air in celebration. Before the ball lands, the siren actually sounds, and Carlton players sink to their knees in realization of what just happened. Jamie Elliott is awarded a free kick from the top of the goal square and this time makes no mistake, kicking the premiership winning goal after the siren. PizzaPie finishes making love to several beautiful women, logs onto Bigfooty and bumps this post, ?, and profits.
Well if you're going to dream then dream big!:laughv1: Yeah for a Pies fan, that would be all your birthdays and christmases coming together at once!

You two should get a room and stop quoting my posts 😁
If you watched the last game Carlton were reduced to a fumbling mess in the last quarter and should have lost by 10 goals if Melbourne had kicked straight . Some dubious 50m penalties and 6 more free kicks for the game(which is about par for the course for them ), helped get them across the line

I’d rather watch the fast attacking football that Brisbane, GWS and Pies play , than the bomb it on Charlies head and hope for the best type .

Go the Brions and Orange team
How many flags has your team won mate?;)

But you've only won one more flag than us since 2002! I'd hardly call that a resounding success mate.:winkv1:

Resounding success = I’ve had so much practice singing “Good Ol’ Collingwood forever” over the last 2 decades that I’ve been invited to perform tenor solos with Opera Companies all around the world.

Could imagine many of your mob needed to google the words to your song this year? “Blah Blah Blah Never-let-you-down Blah Blah Blah …”

Last edited:
Resounding success = I’ve had so much practice singing “Good Ol’ Collingwood forever” over the last 2 decades that I’ve been invited to perform tenor solos with Opera Companies all around the world.

Could imagine many of your mob needed to google the words to your song this year? “Blah Blah Blah Never-let-you-down Blah Blah Blah …”
Mate our song is by far the best one in the competition.

As for the opera singing, i really do think my ears could do without hearing your finest Luciano Pavarotti impression!:laughv1:

Last edited:
Back