What's your preferred grand final matchup?

Preferred GF matchup?

• Collingwood vs Brisbane

Votes: 59 16.0%
  • Collingwood vs Carlton

Votes: 84 22.8%
  • Brisbane vs GWS

Votes: 187 50.7%
  • Carlton vs GWS

Votes: 39 10.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone who says they wouldn’t be interested in a Carlton vs Collingwood grand final, is lying.

Why would I be interested in a Collingwood vs Carlton Grand Final? I have no interest in either club.

I'm not talking about your preferences, I'm talking about your crazy response when your statement that Carlton are not in the mix of best teams was challenged...
No
I just want to see the best teams play and the Carlton Bradbury’s are not in this mix .
Don’t even deserve to be there

GWS v Brisbane would be a good game

Brisbane v Collingwood would be interesting
I believe this is the user in the second statement that you quoted. I don't actually think Carlton have Bradburyd this: They're good enough to be there and are in the best teams.

My post is more about who I prefer subjectively and is separate to that weird tangent. Carlton 100% are in the best teams, they've held up in the biggest finals pressure situations so far and have thoroughly earned their spot.

I believe this is the user in the second statement that you quoted. I don't actually think Carlton have Bradburyd this: They're good enough to be there and are in the best teams.

My post is more about who I prefer subjectively and is separate to that weird tangent. Carlton 100% are in the best teams, they've held up in the biggest finals pressure situations so far and have thoroughly earned their spot.

Yep, you're absolutely correct. I read your response as a justification for stating Carlton aren't one of the best sides, leading me to believe you're a madman ;) my apologies again, play on.

Yep, you're absolutely correct. I read your response as a justification for stating Carlton aren't one of the best sides, leading me to believe you're a madman ;) my apologies again, play on.
Haha all good mate, easy mistake to make as a separate Freo supporter commenting on that chain. I was more quoting it to say that I agree with the Carlton fan but my preferences still differed for different reasons

I'm not talking about your preferences, I'm talking about your crazy response when your statement that Carlton are not in the mix of best teams was challenged...

Haha all good mate, easy mistake to make as a separate Freo supporter commenting on that chain. I was more quoting it to say that I agree with the Carlton fan but my preferences still differed for different reasons
You two should get a room and stop quoting my posts 😁
If you watched the last game Carlton were reduced to a fumbling mess in the last quarter and should have lost by 10 goals if Melbourne had kicked straight . Some dubious 50m penalties and 6 more free kicks for the game(which is about par for the course for them ), helped get them across the line

I’d rather watch the fast attacking football that Brisbane, GWS and Pies play , than the bomb it on Charlies head and hope for the best type .

Go the Brions and Orange team

From a it will set the city of Melbourne alight for the GF week POV, I think Collingwood - Carlton would be awesome.
The town will be alive, in a way not seen for many a year.

From a growth POV, Brisbane - GWS would be great, as the QLD vs NSW theme, may create the extra interest that our great game needs in the northern states.
Also it would be a great game to watch.

Either way, the four teams that are left deserve to be there and should be grateful for the privilege to play PF week, as it isn't easy to do.

Collingwood and Brisbane have been the best two teams all year.
Carlton and GWS have been the form teams of the 2nd half of the season.

All have earnt their place and whoever out of the four make the big dance, it is well deserved.

Please no more injuries and let the games begin.

The AFL would love a Pies v Blues Grand Final, but I think we have two opposing teams about to throw a spanner in the works of that idea. The two best teams are always the ideal Grand Final match up and currently, that is GWS and Brisbane. Something well out of the ordinary would have to happen for the Lions to lose up at the Gabba and Collingwood are not the team they were in the first two-thirds of the season. The Pies probably deserve to make the GF, but the Giants have come from 15th at the end of round 12 with 4 wins and a paltry percentage of 87%. They are now the in-form team of the competition and unless they all of a sudden hit the wall against the Pies, they will win! My Tip is GWS v Brisbane.

Good for entitled Melbourne fans isn't good for football.
It would be great for football.
I know we are in an inclusive world now but sometimes it is allowed to be about two of the afl's biggest clubs sharing a moment.

It is rare that any of the Big 4 clubs meet in a GF and if they finally do, it should be embraced, not frowned upon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be great for football.
I know we are in an inclusive world now but sometimes it is allowed to be about two of the afl's biggest clubs sharing a moment.

It is rare that any of the Big 4 clubs meet in a GF and if they finally do, it should be embraced, not frowned upon.
It's good for the fans of those two clubs. In terms of spectacle, maybe it's a sugar hit. But it's no 'better for football' than a grand final between any two other teams. Unless you're holding onto anachronistic ideas like a Big 4 and the VFL.

In terms of what's actually good for football, the AFL would probably think it it's something that grows the game nationally.

As someone not based in Melbourne, I find Collingwood vs Brisbane slightly more compelling than Collingwood vs Carlton. The idea I should find the second one more important because Carlton used to be more relevant than they are today is silly.

Definitely want lions v giants just to see the tears from vfl house 😁

Can't wait until Eddie comes out and tells the AFL that it needs to read the room and subsidise the cost of GF ticket's for interstate supporters given they have to travel for it.

Also expect Jimmy Bartel to also throw his support behind interstate supporters and to claim it would be “smart” for the AFL "to make a public act of goodwill' given “you’re going to get an over-charged flight, your bag might get there, it might not, and your flight might get cancelled on your way home. Good luck people.”

Oh yeah and surprisingly, go GWS and the Brions.

Fans are w***ers
1. Collingwood (enough said)
2. Carlton (don't really have anything against them but assume they are second worst)
3. Brisbane (if they are anything like Sydney Swans, they don't know the rules. Annoying when they sing country roads)
4. GWS (there's not too many of them so don't have anything against them)

Players are w***ers
1. Brisbane (Dayne Zorko, Lachie Neale, Joe Daniher, Harris Andrews - lots of flogs)
2. Collingwood (some of them are surprisingly alright - e.g. Darcy Moore, Daicos, Hill - but they also have De Goey and Murphy)
3. Carlton (don't have anything really against them - have enjoyed their resurgence to be honest).
4. GWS (don't have anything against them - Toby Greene is the "good" type of villain).

Based on that, I am going for GWS vs Carlton or Brisbane.

I would question your love for the game if any one of the four prospective matchups don’t interest you.
I'd still be excited for the spectacle, but my preference for Coll not making it exceeds that.

Would you rather lose to Brisbane or make the gf and lose to Collingwood?

The 2 best teams this season.
Collingwood v Brisbane.

IF either GWS or Carlton get through and play one of Collingwood or Brisbane, they will lose by 10 goals + in the GF.

I would question your love for the game if any one of the four prospective matchups don’t interest you.

Where did I say that? I'm very interested in any match Brisbane plays. I'll be off to the Grand Final if they make it.

I have little to no interest in Collingwood vs. Carlton. Why would I?

The 2 best teams this season.
Collingwood v Brisbane.

IF either GWS or Carlton get through and play one of Collingwood or Brisbane, they will lose by 10 goals + in the GF.
If they're good enough to beat Collingwood or Brisbane to get into the gf shouldn't they be good enough to win it all?

Back