Wheel of Time

Remove this Banner Ad

More seriously, it looks like solid casting again with these last announcements. Alexandre's face has plenty of age when he has a better mustache and is surrounded my 20 something actors. Thom starts off aged but still nimble and acrobatic as well so he needs to have some presence when he decides to show himself.

I mentioned this before but my main worry is still how they do Loial (and the trollocs).

I watched a movie the other day with Rosamund Pike in it and have to say I have absolutely zero concerns that she can handle the Moraine role. Just give her a decent script and stand back.
The internet seems to think they’re going to go with make up and prosthetics for Loial, apparently wot has one of the best prosthetics guys in the business on its staff. He did Carnival Row and a couple of other things that are standing up well.

I’m not sure what everyone feels about possible spoilers but Rafe Judkins posted a picture of Josha Stradowski filming on his Instagram and twitter accounts. Nothing really more than a location picture, but I really am curious which scene it is they were filming at that time. I have my suspicions but that’s more internet speculation than my own.

There was a few casting announcements this morning. A whole bunch of actresses posted on twitter and instagram with a picture of a script with the aes Sedai and various wheel of time hashtags.

Only one said which aes Sedai she was cast as, Kate Fleetwood has been cast as Liandrin it looks like.

Looks like we have another cast member announced.

She was the one widely picked to be Leane because originally she didn’t announce her character when she said she was in The Wheel of Time, good to see the internet right for once. :)

I think she’ll be a really good Leane, I wonder which of the actresses announced with her original announcement is playing Elaida and Siuan.

Interesting that we are seeing so many Aes Sedai cast into season 1, doubt the seasons (or overall plot) will progress as the books did
Popular opinion seems to be that season 1 will be EoTW and at least parts of TGH. The last two episode title reveals seems to support this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah OK, know the first six, thought 7 and 8 might have been revealed.

Cheers
Not yet and I kind of hope they don’t reveal them. Might be nice to have a surprise and might prevent the internet from once again going into meltdown if they’re revealed. :D

Interesting that we are seeing so many Aes Sedai cast into season 1, doubt the seasons (or overall plot) will progress as the books did

There is a theory floating around that to give Rosamund Pike more screen time, they may include parts of New Spring as flashbacks.

If that's Leane, Lanfear is gonna melt eyeballs.

Lanfear is supposed to be the best looking female in the world so the actress they get for her will have to be absolutely stunning.

Anybody help ?

I have books 1 - 11 in the series and hoping to find 12, 13 & 14. ( up to no 6 )

My problem ? I have the all black cover Orbit editions and want to complete the set 😥

Production has been halted due to Corovinavirus, along with many other Film & TV productions.
The wind blew southwards, through knotted forests, over shimmering plains and toward lands unexplored. This wind, it was not the ending. There are no endings, and never will be endings, to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was an ending. :huh:

Don’t know if anyone’s interested but The Wheel of Time on Prime twitter account (WOTonPrime) is starting a Wheel of Time reread book club discussion thread.

It starts on 6 May at 10am PDT. Unfortunately that’s 3am AEST on 7 May, so definitely too early for most Aussie’s, but if anyone’s up and interested in discussing WOT with like minded people they’re starting with the Prologue and Chapter’s 1 & 2 of The Eye of the World.

I’ll probably read the thread the next morning myself just for something to do.

Sounds like a pretty good idea a great way to re-read the series a little at a time.
That’s what I thought. I’m part of the way through a read through already right now, reading Chapter 37 of TSR, Imre Stand right now myself, so I’m a bit a head but I’ll probably still follow along with the WOTonPrime reread because the Wheel of Time community on Twitter is pretty cool and I find a lot of fun. One fandom I find that doesn’t really go towards the worst sides of fandom which is a breath of fresh air.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back